Braves wearing alternate hats

JayJaxon

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was curious if anyone knew why they decided to do this today? I hope it doesn't continue. Those hats are better suited for the alternate blue jersey they have now.

tex_chipper.jpg

Maybe as a good luck charm. It worked, they won today. :D

Not a big fan.

If you have a cap as gorgeous as the Braves' regular one, then I'm not fond of alternates.

Heck, gorgeous or not, if you are a team whose cap can be identified nationwide by color scheme alone, you just don't mess with the color scheme. Blue cap, red bill, white logo means Braves. Period. You don't mess with that kind of brand identification. This cap makes as much design sense as Coke adding a bunch of royal blue to its can.

20082614447.png

Just a reminder, this isn't anything new. The Braves wore a solid navy cap shortly after moving to Atlanta in the 1960s, and they wore the solid royal blue cap in the '80s.

But I agree, they should stick with the red bill.

I know the Braves wore the all navy cap when they first came to Atlanta. But they resurrected them just this year. I like them, but ONLY with the alternate blue jersey. Everyone knows how superstitious players are. Now that they won one wearing them, they might keep wearing them! lol. Oh the heck with it, whatever gets them winning on the road is fine by me.

I like it. I usually like it when a team wears a solid cap on the road. I don't know why, I just like the look...I guess.

But I know the Indians have done that for a while now (I think probably since '94ish, when they moved to the Jake.)

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Are the Braves using any pattern with the alternate jerseys? i.e. wearing them only on certain days of the week? They're coming to town next month and I would hate to be stuck watching the all navys for at least 9 innings.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Are the Braves using any pattern with the alternate jerseys? i.e. wearing them only on certain days of the week? They're coming to town next month and I would hate to be stuck watching the all navys for at least 9 innings.

I have not been able to place a set pattern on when they actually wear it, but they seem to wear them no more than once on every road series. Maybe with the Sunday red alternate that is set, but the navy road alternate may just be up to the pitcher in this situation.

I know the Braves wore the all navy cap when they first came to Atlanta. But they resurrected them just this year. I like them, but ONLY with the alternate blue jersey. Everyone knows how superstitious players are. Now that they won one wearing them, they might keep wearing them! lol. Oh the heck with it, whatever gets them winning on the road is fine by me.

kinda like the rockies with that stupid black jerseys! Those are road alternates and they wear them 9 out of 10 games. Even at home! I hate it. It will be bad luck pretty soon if it already isn't.

Teixeira said after the game he prefers "the traditional look"...

Sunday's eh? A day the Jays always break out the black... that'll be an ugly matchup.

They are yet to wear the navy set if the opponent is wearing a color, so we won't have to worry about that.

dzh6fs12jk4gddgfd123hlxft.gif

[

kinda like the rockies with that stupid black jerseys! Those are road alternates and they wear them 9 out of 10 games. Even at home! I hate it. It will be bad luck pretty soon if it already isn't.

I went to the last two games of the NLCS last year and they were STILL wearing them lol.

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

but I think for the World Series, they started wearing the gray ones on the road again.

but I think for the World Series, they started wearing the gray ones on the road again.

The black jerseys were considered good luck to the Rockies in September and October... they switched back to grey for game 2 of the world series after they got destroyed in game 1 ending their insane 22-1 run (or something close to that)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

The black jerseys were considered good luck to the Rockies in September and October... they switched back to grey for game 2 of the world series after they got destroyed in game 1 ending their insane 22-1 run (or something close to that)

Yea I remember they kept wearing them after they started winning. But they were wearing them at home even early in the season when they were not doing that great.

[

I went to the last two games of the NLCS last year and they were STILL wearing them lol.

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

Likewise I wish the Astros would figure out how to wear gray on the road rather than those damn brick ones THEY wear 9 out of 10 games.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

Archived