Jake22's NHL 3rd Series

jake22

Alright, I am Back to finish this with an update. There have been many series like this recently and i wanted to bump mine back up because my skills have improved greatly since i have done any of these.

Copncept 18: New York Rangers

For this one i wanted to take a different approach than normal. I loved that 'NYR' logo while they still used it. But the navy and the silver and the 3D look just did not feel like they fit the rangers. So, i changed around the logo to take away the 3D part and kept it in classic rangers colors. I went with the red jersey because it is something seen rarly in rangers concepts and i think it would fit great (with blue pants that is). I was going to go with the primary logo on the sholder but i decided against it in the end.

Alright, here it it.

nyralt.png

C+C please

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very bland. Looks incomplete. Here's why:

-I find it hard to envision how the design would come together without seeing the pants and socks. You say the pants would be blue. But what would the design look like, in terms of striping?

-No waist stripes bore me here.

-Shoulder logos? It needs them.

Some critics 'bout your Blue Shirts jersey:

- definitely add the primary logo as a shoulde patch

- add the striping pattern to the bottom, too

- do some navy highlights on the jersey as well as on the logo

If you'd do this, this jersey would be 110% perfect for the Rangers.

Pretty good update, I like seeing the pants, it really helps with the presentation. My only complaint would be to make the stripes on the arms and waist the same width. I personally prefer the navy Rangers alternate but I wouldn't complain with red.

Also no need to bump after only a few hours...

the pants logo was just an attempt at something cool, but i guess it seves no purpose? anyway i was aloso thinking with this blue set of pants they could pull a road alternate with their classic jersey and these pants once or twice a year as a treat on special occasions. i may do one more update.

any more comments?

pittsburgh is next...

Well I could always use more C&C on the rangers concept...

But in the mean time, i have a new concept,

Concept 19: Pittsburgh Panguins

For this jersey i wanted to go with a classic look, i know and love their current alternate (throwback) and if something like this were ever worn i waould say keep the throwback too, why can't a team wear 6 or 7 different jerseys in one season? i would love it. But anyway i know the vertical letters are a NYR thing but i think this could work out with the proper exicution. As for the little triangle things on the sleeves, give it a chance, it would be a modern touch to a classic look, it comes directly from their scrips logo.

alright well here we go

pittalternate.png

C&C Please

If you stick with the script, make it bigger like this. I think that the white shoulders would be too hard to tell the difference with the gold, maybe just use black. I would ditch the small triangles, not only because they look out of place, but unless you were to look at the jersey up close, they would be almost unrecognizable. I agree that if you want the classic touch, use the skating triangle logo or no shoulder logos, like their current alternate.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

Archived