Jake22's NHL 3rd Series

jake22

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well now it is time for the red wings, yuck! I mean that in 2 ways, i am an avs fan, and the red wings are one of those all mighty teams that no one can touch, i hate that, the yankees and red wings should take a picture of what they have then catch up with the rest of the world.

anyway, detroit only uses red and white, no black or anything to even work off, they dont even have an alternate logo!

so, when starting this i had a few options, 1. I could introduce black in, i know that if i did that the board would flip, 2. i could make a new logo and a new set and all that (whitch is hard on ms paint), or 3. make a 'rangers' diagonal jersey.

i tryed number 3 first,

dettt.png

I did almost nothing on it, just changed the logo, and it didnt look that good anyway, so i just didnt finish.

then i thought what if i made a "flying Tire" logo? that would be cool, all i would have to do was add another wing, but trhat was hard,

here is the resault...

detroit.png

i wanted to make this red but i couldnt because the logo was red, maby someone could change the color?

so, i am stuck, can someone help? give me an idea or clean up the logo? or anything?

i didnt finish either of the jerseys because it was not worth it, i will finish when i have somewhere to go.

please help!!

well now it is time for the red wings, yuck! I mean that in 2 ways, i am an avs fan, and the red wings are one of those all mighty teams that no one can touch, i hate that, the yankees and red wings should take a picture of what they have then catch up with the rest of the world.

anyway, detroit only uses red and white, no black or anything to even work off, they dont even have an alternate logo!

so, when starting this i had a few options, 1. I could introduce black in, i know that if i did that the board would flip, 2. i could make a new logo and a new set and all that (whitch is hard on ms paint), or 3. make a 'rangers' diagonal jersey.

i tryed number 3 first,

dettt.png

I did almost nothing on it, just changed the logo, and it didnt look that good anyway, so i just didnt finish.

then i thought what if i made a "flying Tire" logo? that would be cool, all i would have to do was add another wing, but trhat was hard,

here is the resault...

detroit.png

i wanted to make this red but i couldnt because the logo was red, maby someone could change the color?

so, i am stuck, can someone help? give me an idea or clean up the logo? or anything?

i didnt finish either of the jerseys because it was not worth it, i will finish when i have somewhere to go.

please help!!

i'm probably in the 1 person minority, but i really dig that winged logo. ^_^

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

In order for a logo like that to work, the actual wheel itself would have to be shown from the front. The Wings' logo is shown from the side, so simply adding another wing to it looks really weird and unnatural. Maybe something from the front showing treads could look cool.

i'm sorry but that double winged logo looks like science got a hold of it if you know what i mean.
In order for a logo like that to work, the actual wheel itself would have to be shown from the front. The Wings' logo is shown from the side, so simply adding another wing to it looks really weird and unnatural. Maybe something from the front showing treads could look cool.

thats why im asking for help!

jake, i personally think your best bet on a red wings alternate would be to go in the direction of the throwback they wore in 91-92 season. i love that jersey and really can't see anything else working for my wings.

i found a picture of the jersey, but do you have a link to the logo?

well i didn't really mean an exact carbon copy of that old wings jersey in reebok edge form, play around in paint and come up with something that's your own. your more recent concepts have shown some promise so just trust your own creativity. oh and the black jersey...i am stereotypically not feelin' it.

siggg.png

well i didn't really mean an exact carbon copy of that old wings jersey in reebok edge form, play around in paint and come up with something that's your own. your more recent concepts have shown some promise so just trust your own creativity. oh and the black jersey...i am stereotypically not feelin' it.

well yeh i wasnt going to do a carbon copy but if i had the logo that would help alot, just so i can have something to work off of. like when im making an alternate, i take the logo i want and put it on the chest then look at it and stuff comes to me, so if you had the logo that would help.

is it the one in your avatar?

i'm just curious, but why are you just recoloring templates? i've noticed that more than half of your concepts are straight lined jerseys like dallas, boston, new jersey. Why not try something different and make something crazy with a curved sleeve design or just something other than what we expect? I'm not knocking you in anyway, i've just noticed a pattern and I was wondering why? do you need any pointers on creating something new or original?

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

we are talking about the same jersey right? white with red stripes on the front and "detroit" written across the center, so it's not really much of a logo.

ok, sorry. i searched that on google and got this

detrot.png

looking closer i see that it is an EDGE jersey, so that is what i was thinking. but i like this, i might try something along these lines. but i might try the one that you are talking about, i just have some thinking to do.

we are talking about the same jersey right? white with red stripes on the front and "detroit" written across the center, so it's not really much of a logo.

ok, sorry. i searched that on google and got this

detrot.png

looking closer i see that it is an EDGE jersey, so that is what i was thinking. but i like this, i might try something along these lines. but i might try the one that you are talking about, i just have some thinking to do.

thats a photoshop and a bad one at that.

2004RedSox.png

Archived