Jake22's NHL 3rd Series

jake22

RedWings2.gif

he's talking about the third jersey.

it's always been a classic but i can't see it really working in todays game.

detroit has always had very simple uniforms.

i wouldnt copy an old style but i wouldnt necessarily stray too far away from what works...

if i were going to modernize the red wings logo (which i won't, because i hate the wings - go blues)

I would simply add a dark outline (maroon or black) to the primary logo - much like the detroit lions did.

The wings have slightly altered their logo over the years, a complete overhaul will never happen. Especially changing the logo drastically after their recent "dynasty" years would kill the promotion aspect of their logo. I would also make the wings look more sharp or edged, but if you don't have the ability, just add the outline. it'll look alot better imo.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
is this gunna work for anyone?

detw.png

detwing.png

seems a bit generic but i like the direction you are going with that. Think this maybe a case where black as trim would be a welcomed addition.

maybe try using this logo:

6625.gif

then connect the wings to it. Then use a template for the jersey that is based off the 93 throwback jersey.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

three different logos?! too much my friend. focus on one thing and try to make it work. get a strong primary logo, the rest will fall together. spend some time on these...

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

three different logos?! too much my friend. focus on one thing and try to make it work. get a strong primary logo, the rest will fall together. spend some time on these...

He is designing an alternate jersey, and has designed three potential options. He is spending time on these, compared to the first few he threw out.

I think the third one works best but it needs some revisions.

The "D" is too small for the wings. If you make that bigger, I think the logo would look good.

Also, the stripes should match. Play around with it - try 2 stripes for the sleeves or 3 for the bottom.

untitled-1.png

I think the third one works best but it needs some revisions.

The "D" is too small for the wings. If you make that bigger, I think the logo would look good.

Also, the stripes should match. Play around with it - try 2 stripes for the sleeves or 3 for the bottom.

better?

detwing-3.png

I like these. With that three-stripe stuff, it makes me think of the gold and blue Sabers' jerseys a little, but as an alternate for the Red Wings (which are so traditional, and only have two colors to work with) I think this looks good. It's different than what they wear currently, but it's not "edge"-y or too modern.

Dallas2.png

This is your best Dallas one all the other ones were awful! This one isn't bad but Dallas along the bottom of the jersey, not feeling it at all.

Remove that and you got a winner.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Time for the oilers!

oilers2.png

I understand that in today's RBK Edge era, they only have about three different patterns they use, but if you're going to make an alternate for a team, don't use another team's style. It's just like using the San Jose style for every team like people used to do with RC's old template. I mean, I like where you're heading with us (and not sure if you intended for one of the shoulder logos to be upside down), but try a different design.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• 2 weeks later...

the panthers striping ends at the collar in the front and the reebok logo in the back.... looks uncomplete (yes i know thats not a word). make the blue section a little thicker and connect it so that the reebok logo is completely inside it. and connect the front.

a lot of red area on it... maybe blue under the arms?... possibly.... or a bottom stripe

Archived