Jake22's NHL 3rd Series

jake22

Doesn't mean he has to follow what the NHL does.

well its not like the NHL has anything that remotely resembles high standards to follow anyway.

what jake needs to do is post a few concepts, gauge the reaction and decide if its worth doing a series or not. Either change course and do something different or abandon the project. If the reaction is all around negative, theres really no point in trying to do all 30 teams. THe thread will be graveyarded before you get around to completing the series.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gad damn, i dont know why people hate this so much. yeh its not that original but its kind of cool, i mean maby it would ce cool to see your favorite team or maby the design i do is different then the one you had in mind. I mean come on.

I toyed around with the 4ths but nothing is looking that good, i might post something but everything on here is negative anyway so i dont even know.

and this is helping my work be cleaner and i am learning how to make logos better looking and i think this is cool, but im the only person who thinks that so...should i continue this series?

if there is anyone out there who wants to see more, tell me.

I do.

Spread the love buddy!

I Like em.

I agree on the Ducks one...they give you crap colors going into the team.

I thought they already came out with the Black Bruins one though...

So change it to black,instead of yellow.

But keep up the good work jake...

Id like to see your idea of the illustrious Black jersey of San Jo.

Forums.gif

No one wants to see a third jersey which is basically a re-coloured home or away jersey.

no, you dont. hey :censored: off and dont comment on my thred if you dont want to see what im doing then dont look!

I will keep doing this, and dont do anything stupid like move it too the graveyard because that would just be a mean thing to do

No one wants to see a third jersey which is basically a re-coloured home or away jersey.

no, you dont. hey :censored: off and dont comment on my thred if you dont want to see what im doing then dont look!

I will keep doing this, and dont do anything stupid like move it too the graveyard because that would just be a mean thing to do

You asked me if anyone wanted to see your concepts, I was merely echoing what most board members think of uninspiring concepts. I answered your :censored:ing question, so don't ask me a stupid question and then tell me to :censored: off after I tell you something you don't want to hear.

The only reason I commented on this thread was because you asked if people wanted to see some boring concepts or your fourth sets. Come up with something original. There was a board member who posted stuff drawn by his son who was like 5 years old or so, and his stuff was better than yours.

If your intention is to keep cranking out these jerseys then don't ask if anyone wants you to stop.

In conclusion, grow a pair.

Hi, how are you?

Jake...you are a new so know your role here. It wouldn't be wise to pick fights with people who here for over 3 years.

Also, a little advice - keep posting concepts that everyone has seen before/can do in 3 mins by coloring in templates and you will recieve MUCH MORE negative comments. Be creative. This whole forum is about creativity and you are not showing any.

untitled-1.png

Yes He was!

My goodness.

This is the internetz folks...

Have fun.

I liked his job.

Not everyone can afford classes for photoshop,or have time...but do these small things to make themselves happy.

Just Knock it off and let him be.

We know our "Role" But i bet you were just as "bad" back then too.

So Just Know Its FUN.

Thats all.

Just.....leave him alone.

Keep going jake.

Keep up the good work :)

Forums.gif

Yes He was!

My goodness.

This is the internetz folks...

Have fun.

I liked his job.

Not everyone can afford classes for photoshop,or have time...but do these small things to make themselves happy.

Just Knock it off and let him be.

We know our "Role" But i bet you were just as "bad" back then too.

So Just Know Its FUN.

Thats all.

Just.....leave him alone.

Keep going jake.

Keep up the good work :)

Listen the general consensus here is that these concepts are completely lacking originality. He asked us what we thought I told him my opinion, if he gets to have his fun in making these boring jerseys, then I should get to suggest for him to stop before more people get upset with him.

Hi, how are you?

Jake...you are a new so know your role here. It wouldn't be wise to pick fights with people who here for over 3 years.

Also, a little advice - keep posting concepts that everyone has seen before/can do in 3 mins by coloring in templates and you will recieve MUCH MORE negative comments. Be creative. This whole forum is about creativity and you are not showing any.

dude, it takes me like a few hours to do each jersey.

1, i get the template

2, i spend alot of time looking at the current jerseys and all the elements i should include in mine

3, i make the template right, the templates have alot of stuff but i put some of my oun lines in there too.

4, then i resize the main/sholder logos and make then the right color. (did you notice that i altered the avs logo? that took like 20 minutes)

5, then last but not least "i color it in"

and these are cinda creative, not completly but, i have seen more straight forward concepts on the board before

dude, it takes me like a few hours to do each jersey.

1, i get the template

2, i spend alot of time looking at the current jerseys and all the elements i should include in mine

3, i make the template right, the templates have alot of stuff but i put some of my oun lines in there too.

4, then i resize the main/sholder logos and make then the right color. (did you notice that i altered the avs logo? that took like 20 minutes)

5, then last but not least "i color it in"

and these are cinda creative, not completly but, i have seen more straight forward concepts on the board before

The ones you did before these?

How does a concept so dull take a few hours?

In all seriousness though just take our advice and make something we don't see to often instead of these boring recolours. That's it, it's nothing personal we're trying to give you crits to take from and make a creative concept. Just try it.

Hi, how are you?

ok, i am going to continue the set. (i will do the 4ths or just some more creative stuff later on.)

so here is the Calgary Flames...

calgery.png

feedback?..

Please stop. This has gone on long enough. Listen to shanurr, snowcap, and lopernv. You might notice that socal sharks is the only one who likes this. No offense to him, but he hasn't really been around here long enough to judge an un/successful series. You keep saying you have "fourth" jerseys later. Then show them already!! I'm starting to think you never will. 99% of this board could do exactly what you are doing if they wanted to. They just don't, people can visualize a one color switch in their mind for God's sake! It takes no talent to recolor an existing template. It takes talent and creativity to make an original concept.

I hope, for your sake, that these don't take you hours like you say. That would be a tremendous waist of time, and it would be pathetic.

Jake, you need to know when to call it a day. Now would be a good time. You would avoid embarassing yourself any more than you already have. I'm sorry to be so harsh, but it's all in your best interests.

ok, i am going to continue the set. (i will do the 4ths or just some more creative stuff later on.)

calgery.png

feedback?..

Please stop. This has gone on long enough. Listen to shanurr, snowcap, and lopernv. You might notice that socal sharks is the only one who likes this. No offense to him, but he hasn't really been around here long enough to judge an un/successful series. You keep saying you have "fourth" jerseys later. Then show them already!! I'm starting to think you never will. 99% of this board could do exactly what you are doing if they wanted to. They just don't, people can visualize a one color switch in their mind for God's sake! It takes no talent to recolor an existing template. It takes talent and creativity to make an original concept.

I hope, for your sake, that these don't take you hours like you say. That would be a tremendous waist of time, and it would be pathetic.

Jake, you need to know when to call it a day. Now would be a good time. You would avoid embarassing yourself any more than you already have. I'm sorry to be so harsh, but it's all in your best interests.

i dont know why you cant be nice. i dont give a flying :censored: if you dont like this. i do. it is helping me use paint better because my parents didnt buy me illustrator. i really dont see why it is such a big deal, why dont you stick to your word and not comment untill you see something you like. this community is a place for things like this, if you do anything dumb like graveyard this then your are just a horrible person. i like doing this and i dont see why you dont want me to do this. yes, everyone can think these up, but who cares? why are you so mad about this? there are like 1000 more members out there that have said nothing, maby they like it, who knows?

please dont be a massive dick, help me out, when this is done, ill move on to something else.

cammon' is it REALLY THAT BAD? REALLY?

i mean one of your recent concepts was the marlins, what did u do? take out black and replace it with orange. it was amazing! i looked at it for a long time, i even showed a friend. but, it still wasnt that original.

also, yeh i do spell bad, but leave it alone, you can understand me.

if you would stop caring about the small things so much then maby you would be a nicer person. are you a fat loser in real life? is that why your such a dick online?

please, just leave it alone and let me do this for the people who want to see them?

give me the kind of feedback i want, like you should change a color or logo or something i can actually do, not"i don't like it, do something better"

Jake, multiple people have said this so far, and you should really take their advice. If you want to practice on your paint skills, that's fine but you don't need to post everything that you do. You asked people if you should continue and they gave you an honest answer. If you have one of those 4th jerseys you've been talking about then post them.

Nobody is trying to bring you down, just take the advice that they give you and try to improve your work and actions here by what people say.

And it's not that hard to capitalize the first letter of every sentence or spell words correctly.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

calgery.png

feedback?..

i dont know why you cant be nice. i dont give a flying :censored: if you dont like this. i do. it is helping me use paint better because my parents didnt buy me illustrator. i really dont see why it is such a big deal, why dont you stick to your word and not comment untill you see something you like. this community is a place for things like this, if you do anything dumb like graveyard this then your are just a horrible person. i like doing this and i dont see why you dont want me to do this. yes, everyone can think these up, but who cares? why are you so mad about this? there are like 1000 more members out there that have said nothing, maby they like it, who knows?

please dont be a massive dick, help me out, when this is done, ill move on to something else.

cammon' is it REALLY THAT BAD? REALLY?

i mean one of your recent concepts was the marlins, what did u do? take out black and replace it with orange. it was amazing! i looked at it for a long time, i even showed a friend. but, it still wasnt that original.

also, yeh i do spell bad, but leave it alone, you can understand me.

if you would stop caring about the small things so much then maby you would be a nicer person. are you a fat loser in real life? is that why your such a dick online?

please, just leave it alone and let me do this for the people who want to see them?

give me the kind of feedback i want, like you should change a color or logo or something i can actually do, not"i don't like it, do something better"

1. Calm down.

2. Yes, I did go back on my word about not posting. I apologize.

3. Just a word about the Marlins concept, it wasn't as simple as you may think, baseball concepts may all look alike from a distance, but the details are all-important. Because baseball templates are so similar, it is hard to make something ranging very far from the current jersey. But it did require a lot of effort; I vectorized every logo and wordmark, and I created the template and such on my own. It is a little more complex than just changing black to orange, which I actually didn't really do.

4. Moderators are the only ones who can graveyard threads. You might want to know that in the future.

5. I can't really take your insults seriously because of your grammatical mistakes. Also, these said insults are about at the 6th grade level. I think you can do better, if you really are gonna be a freshman. High school requires mastery of dissing.

6. This is a creative board. That's why this matters. Look at the work of GhettoFarmBoy, AAO, -(dp)-, davidson...these are some of the best designers. They don't fill in templates. Creativity matters. Obviously you want to post your ideas. It's just a matter of getting new ideas out there. I'm sure you can do better than this. So why not come up with new stuff?

7. I am not a "fat loser" or a "dick" as you may think. Really, I am repeating stuff that other people have been saying. I'm trying to help you out here. I'm just trying to get you around the idea that you need to show 30 recolorations. Be creative.

Jake, please spell and use grammar correctly. Download Firefox, it has a spell checker. I mean there is so much wrong with that paragraph, I can't begin to name it all.

Also, do more creative concepts. Everyone can imagine what recolored thirds will look like. Do different striping, don't be afraid to try new, never seen before things. Piss off the traditionalists. Do something out of the box.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Archived