Jake22's NHL 3rd Series

jake22

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the inconsistency between the sleeves and bottom stripe is one of the things to be fixed. I also do not like the logo, doesn't look like it should be on an NHL jersey.

I think the inconsistency between the sleeves and bottom stripe is one of the things to be fixed. I also do not like the logo, doesn't look like it should be on an NHL jersey.

look at the post right before this one. post # 80

But I'm responding to post #81, not #80.

Not all edge cuts end the hem stripes at the side panels (pens winter classic, devils, habs, san jose, etc. dont). They look better without them being cut off. That, and the stripes need to match. I would also pick just the star logo to put on the sleeves. It looks far better as a logo, much better when both patches match, and the bug logo isnt even in their set anymore. Color the inside of the RBK logo red, and fix the sleeve patches on the back. Right now it looks upside down and reversed compared to the correct orientation you see on the front. That, and I'd center the stars on the stripes.

oBIgzrL.png

^^^^There is no "bug" logo on ther jersey at all, look a little closer.

And now it is time for....

The Dallas Stars!...

Before you look at this...I know that the logo is not used any more, The jersey that it was on previously was horrible, no doubt. But, with the right jersey and color, the logo looks great!

So, here it is...

Dallas.png

One way to improve this concept would be to thicken the Dallas wordmark/waist stripe. Right now it looks kinda squished. Also I believe that the reason the red looks out of place is because it is used nowhere else on the jerseys, either remove the red there or put some in elsewhere. When you are designing jerseys don't feel forced to use every one of the team's colours, (especially a team like the Thrashers), just use the main ones that way the concept doesn't end up looking really busy.

AtlantaThrashers.pngManchesterUnited_10Sig.png

I like the Columbus jersey...the white looks ok, but I actually liked the red too.

However, the Dallas jersey doesn't do it for me. The jersey design isn't too bad, but I'm not a fan of the colors or that logo with that jersey. But I do agree that with the right jersey, that logo could work.

newsig.jpg

mlb_sh_kalasobit_134.jpg

The Dallas Stars!...

Before you look at this...I know that the logo is not used any more, The jersey that it was on previously was horrible, no doubt. But, with the right jersey and color, the logo looks great!

I have to disagree with your statement on the infamous Stars' "Mooterus" alt jersey.

I would say the the Jersey Template was great, it IS the LOGO that had to go...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

how fitting that the stars logos are upside down on the shoulders of that sweater... because the stars would be in a state of distress if that uniform ever saw the light of day.

brutally awful, man. i'm sorry. fans hate the logo, fans hate the color red, everyone on earth hate jerseys that say the city across the hem line... and to be brutally honest, i can't think of anything good to say about the stars one.

dallas would riot.

how fitting that the stars logos are upside down on the shoulders of that sweater... because the stars would be in a state of distress if that uniform ever saw the light of day.

brutally awful, man. i'm sorry. fans hate the logo, fans hate the color red, everyone on earth hate jerseys that say the city across the hem line... and to be brutally honest, i can't think of anything good to say about the stars one.

dallas would riot.

I have to agree, this is gross. That logo should never appear again. Red shoulders look terrible here, especially when there is no red in the Stars scheme and it is used by rivals like the Coyotes and Red Wings. The jersey striping is random and not well thought out. I think you need to go back tithe drawing board, starting with a new logo.

To be as nice as possible when I say this, there is nothing good with that Dallas concept. The person who approved that logo was fired, the jersey was burned by the players (literally), and the fans were happy to see the entire idea gone. Bringing it back is a mistake.

Better?

Dallas-1.png

That is better, but I can't stand that logo, especially when there is almost no red/black outside of the logo. Also, the gold disappears, especially when you look at it from afar. So, you might want to put a green line in between the gold/white, and then replace black in the numerals with green.

I think the best logo to use would be the current primary with no script, then leave the 'dallas' on the waist, and get rid of the stars on the waist.

Better?

Dallas-1.png

That is better, but I can't stand that logo, especially when there is almost no red/black outside of the logo. Also, the gold disappears, especially when you look at it from afar. So, you might want to put a green line in between the gold/white, and then replace black in the numerals with green.

I think the best logo to use would be the current primary with no script, then leave the 'dallas' on the waist, and get rid of the stars on the waist.

like this?

Dallas2.png

Archived