2008-2009 NHL Offseason Thread

Wheelhouse

As far as I can tell, all the discussion is to see who is going to lose to the Wings next year. They've got pretty much the entire team coming back next year and for the first time in years, they had the hot goalie tearing through the playoffs. I would love to see a Wings-Leafs finals, but so far as I can see, the chances of that are about as good as seeing the Wings take on the Lions for the World Series. I heard tossed around rumors of Sundin coming to Detroit; fitting, since this team has the most Swedes on ice outside of Stockholm. Other than that, I hope the Pens stick around; that was probably the greatest Finals round that I've ever seen. Talented team, and if they keep their core, that's a great rivalry in the making.

"Well, they made that change uptown and The Big Man joined the band."

--Bruce Springsteen

"10th Avenue Freeze-Out"

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A recap of the awards, for those wondering:

- Vezina - Marty Brodeur (Nabokov got snubbed here IMO)

- Norris - Nicklas Lidstrom

- Calder - Patrick Kane

- Lady Byng - Pavel Datsyuk

- Selke - Pavel Datsyuk

- Hart - Alex Ovechkin

- Adams - Bruce Boudreau

- Ross - Alex Ovechkin

And the award for future standup comedian goes to Pavel Datsyuk. Poking fun at his own lack of english was great. In regards to his first week as a Stanley Cup champ: “I try to ask my wife because I not remember,” he said. “I remember party, but don’t remember how I wake up at home.”

As far as I can tell, all the discussion is to see who is going to lose to the Wings next year. They've got pretty much the entire team coming back next year and for the first time in years, they had the hot goalie tearing through the playoffs. I would love to see a Wings-Leafs finals, but so far as I can see, the chances of that are about as good as seeing the Wings take on the Lions for the World Series. I heard tossed around rumors of Sundin coming to Detroit; fitting, since this team has the most Swedes on ice outside of Stockholm. Other than that, I hope the Pens stick around; that was probably the greatest Finals round that I've ever seen. Talented team, and if they keep their core, that's a great rivalry in the making.

You haven't seen that many I'm assuming? :P

Hi, how are you?

He wouldnt have won it, but Gonchar at least deserved a nomination for the Norris. Perhaps in the place of Chara.

Nah, Chara had a career year and was one of the reasons, along with Thomas, that Boston made the post season. Gonchar wasn't a key cog in Pittsburgh making the playoffs as they had done it last year and did it again this year. I will say that guy is tall, my head just BARELY brushs his shoulders and I'm 6"1 and still felt tiny. Although it does feel good when you are taller than Jason Blake. I will also add Malkin is a LOT bigger in person than I thought he would be. He is built like a TANK!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

- Calder - Patrick Kane

- Selke - Pavel Datsyuk

- Hart - Alex Ovechkin

- Adams - Bruce Boudreau

- Ross - Alex Ovechkin

And the award for future standup comedian goes to Pavel Datsyuk. Poking fun at his own lack of english was great. In regards to his first week as a Stanley Cup champ: ?I try to ask my wife because I not remember,? he said. ?I remember party, but don?t remember how I wake up at home.?

Brodeur over Nabokov is sheer stupidity.

- Calder - Patrick Kane

- Selke - Pavel Datsyuk

- Hart - Alex Ovechkin

- Adams - Bruce Boudreau

- Ross - Alex Ovechkin

And the award for future standup comedian goes to Pavel Datsyuk. Poking fun at his own lack of english was great. In regards to his first week as a Stanley Cup champ: ?I try to ask my wife because I not remember,? he said. ?I remember party, but don?t remember how I wake up at home.?

Brodeur back stopped an offensivly inept Devils to the playoffs while Nabby backstopped a poor defensive team into the playoffs. I think I agree with the Brodeur decision... just because the Devils sucked a lot this year compared to years past.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

He wouldnt have won it, but Gonchar at least deserved a nomination for the Norris. Perhaps in the place of Chara.

Nah, Chara had a career year and was one of the reasons, along with Thomas, that Boston made the post season. Gonchar wasn't a key cog in Pittsburgh making the playoffs as they had done it last year and did it again this year. I will say that guy is tall, my head just BARELY brushs his shoulders and I'm 6"1 and still felt tiny. Although it does feel good when you are taller than Jason Blake. I will also add Malkin is a LOT bigger in person than I thought he would be. He is built like a TANK!

What? Chara? Absolutely not. Take it from somebody who watched the Bruins mostly the entire season. The B's actually did better WITHOUT Chara in the lineup. He makes a lot of stupid moves in the defensive zone and if I got a nickel for each time he coughed up the puck or made a stupid giveaway, I could probably afford his outrageous and undeserved contract. Tim Thomas was probably the only reason that the Bruins made it to the playoffs. The only good attributes that Zdeno Chara brings to a team is a good, hard shot from the point and the size that he seldom uses.

Other than that, he's not even in my top 30 of current defensemen in the NHL, let alone top 3.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

- Calder - Patrick Kane

- Selke - Pavel Datsyuk

- Hart - Alex Ovechkin

- Adams - Bruce Boudreau

- Ross - Alex Ovechkin

And the award for future standup comedian goes to Pavel Datsyuk. Poking fun at his own lack of english was great. In regards to his first week as a Stanley Cup champ: “I try to ask my wife because I not remember,” he said. “I remember party, but don’t remember how I wake up at home.”

Brodeur back stopped an offensivly inept Devils to the playoffs while Nabby backstopped a poor defensive team into the playoffs. I think I agree with the Brodeur decision... just because the Devils sucked a lot this year compared to years past.

The Devils' defense was much stronger than the Sharks' - meaning Nabby did more with less in front of him.

- Adams - Bruce Boudreau

"Hey Ovechkin, get on the ice."

Just how hard was that to do all year? :P

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

- Adams - Bruce Boudreau

"Hey Ovechkin, get on the ice."

Just how hard was that to do all year? :P

Hanlon did the same thing and they sucked :P

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

What? Chara? Absolutely not. Take it from somebody who watched the Bruins mostly the entire season. The B's actually did better WITHOUT Chara in the lineup. He makes a lot of stupid moves in the defensive zone and if I got a nickel for each time he coughed up the puck or made a stupid giveaway, I could probably afford his outrageous and undeserved contract. Tim Thomas was probably the only reason that the Bruins made it to the playoffs. The only good attributes that Zdeno Chara brings to a team is a good, hard shot from the point and the size that he seldom uses.

Other than that, he's not even in my top 30 of current defensemen in the NHL, let alone top 3.

Thats why the Bruins went on a losing streak when he left because his labrum was torn.

Oh, and I'd love to see this top 30 list, should be some quality entertainment.

Thats why the Bruins went on a losing streak when he left because his labrum was torn.

Agreed, If you find 30 d-men who you think are better, your nuts.

But you also expect a 2-year old to give up a chair so that you can sit-down. So I don't know if your list can be taken that seriously.

Hi, how are you?

I just don't see anything valuable that Chara brings to the team, besides his size that he never uses and his shot. I've never really watched him and said "Wow, nice play" or anything remotely close to that. I find myself thinking "Wow, that was an awful play" more than I praise him. That doesn't warrant his $7.5 million per year that he receives.

As for "the list", I'm no JamesCraven, but I can think of a lot of defensemen that I would rather have than Chara. Lidstrom, Bouwmeester, Timonen, Kaberle, Streit, Campbell, Markov, Gonchar, Pronger, Vishnovsky, Phaneuf, Redden, Phillips, Green. It seriously goes on.

As for shanurr, you're just a prick who looks through the forums looking for ways to be sarcastic, or to just be an a-hole. So I don't know if you can be taken that seriously.

what the hell is ccslc?

I just don't see anything valuable that Chara brings to the team, besides his size that he never uses and his shot. I've never really watched him and said "Wow, nice play" or anything remotely close to that. I find myself thinking "Wow, that was an awful play" more than I praise him. That doesn't warrant his $7.5 million per year that he receives.

As for "the list", I'm no JamesCraven, but I can think of a lot of defensemen that I would rather have than Chara. Lidstrom, Bouwmeester, Timonen, Kaberle, Streit, Campbell, Markov, Gonchar, Pronger, Vishnovsky, Phaneuf, Redden, Phillips, Green. It seriously goes on.

As for shanurr, you're just a prick who looks through the forums looking for ways to be sarcastic, or to just be an a-hole. So I don't know if you can be taken that seriously.

Woah now, take it down a notch. Relax, I agreed with what he said and added the chair comment, it's not my fault your a 19 year-old who is constantly talking about all the sports he plays yet had a hissy fit because a 2 year old wouldn't give you a chair for 10 minutes.

I most certainly do not go through the forums on the intention of being an a** , it's split 50/50 people set up situations where I say my opinion, If you think I'm the only guy who has ever been an ass to someone well you might want to look through the forum one more time because basically everyone is an ass at one time or another (especially to the newbies) just as you have been to a few people I'm sure.

I'm only a prick to people I have no respect for.

Hi, how are you?

Woah now, take it down a notch. Relax, I agreed with what he said and added the chair comment, it's not my fault your a 19 year-old who is constantly talking about all the sports he plays yet had a hissy fit because a 2 year old wouldn't give you a chair for 10 minutes.

I most certainly do not go through the forums on the intention of being an a** , it's split 50/50 people set up situations where I say my opinion, If you think I'm the only guy who has ever been an ass to someone well you might want to look through the forum one more time because basically everyone is an ass at one time or another (especially to the newbies) just as you have been to a few people I'm sure.

I'm only a prick to people I have no respect for.

I don't understand the correlation between the sports I play, how old I am and the incident in the barber shop?

Anyway, you have gone out of your way to be an ass to people and I'm not the first person to notice it. I didn't say or hint that you were the only one who acts like that, but you're certainly promoting yourself as the prime example.

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived