2008 NHL Free Agents / Trades

number81

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jason Smith will be sporting his familiar "21" in Ottawa. No Senator has worn it since Bryan Smolinski (aka B-Smo) was traded as part of the Havlat deal after in the summer of 2006.

SignatureNHL.png

"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"

At the Leafs prospects camp Luke Schenn is wearing #2, which no one on the big team is wearing at the moment. Klueman is wearing #41.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Well I didn't think that Huet was married to the number 39, because he wore 35 with the Kings, but since some civ by the name of Esposito has that number in the rafters, I don't think he'll use that number! :lol: I figure Brendan Morrison will take #7 with the Ducks, and Sean Avery #16 with the Stars. I'm figuring Matt Green should take #2, Brad Richardson #13, and Jarret Stoll #17 or #15 with the Kings. It's interesting to see San Jose doesn't even have Rob Blake on the roster. I do like the idea of McLaren going back to 18 and Blake taking 4, but if that doesn't happen I could see Blake wearing #5.

So far, the Lightning....

Stamkos - 91

Malone - 12

Prospal - 20 again

Recchi - 8

Roberts - 10

Vrbata - 17

Carle - 18

Kolzig - 37

More to come...

Just looked at the Lightning website (get rid of the Flash splash page!) and they have no less than 3 players wearing #10, Jussi Jokinen, Gary Roberts, and Wyatt Smith... Wyatt WHO? Do they expect all three to be injured at sometime during the year so they can share the number? :lol: I know these numbers usually aren't set in stone until training camp.

So far, the Lightning....

Stamkos - 91

Malone - 12

Prospal - 20 again

Recchi - 8

Roberts - 10

Vrbata - 17

Carle - 18

Kolzig - 37

More to come...

Just looked at the Lightning website (get rid of the Flash splash page!) and they have no less than 3 players wearing #10, Jussi Jokinen, Gary Roberts, and Wyatt Smith... Wyatt WHO? Do they expect all three to be injured at sometime during the year so they can share the number? :lol: I know these numbers usually aren't set in stone until training camp.

The sites are run by the league. They just have the players listed under their old number until new ones are assigned in camp.

The sites are run by the league. They just have the players listed under their old number until new ones are assigned in camp.

Wrong. The sites are just formatted to league specifications, and regulated by the league. Teams still have their own webmasters and ways of running their sites. You'll notice there is a difference between the content, or lack there of, on every team's site.

No photos because there's not going to be a press conference but it's been confirmed that Marian Hossa will wear #81 in Detroit.

Still waiting to see whether Conklin will take #35 from Jimmy Howard or go with a different number. The #29 he wore in Edmonton is available.

No photos because there's not going to be a press conference but it's been confirmed that Marian Hossa will wear #81 in Detroit.

Still waiting to see whether Conklin will take #35 from Jimmy Howard or go with a different number. The #29 he wore in Edmonton is available.

I think they should drop the gloves to see who gets the number. It's only fair.

If there was any doubt, Jose Theodore keeps #60.

theodore_jose.jpg

Am I the only one that thinks he looks a lot younger?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived