Youth Baseball All-Star game cancelled...

HedleyLamarr

Story

Are kids really this scarred, not being invited to a game because they suck? In the real world, there are winners and there are losers, pussies.

Beachwood cancels Rec League all-star baseball game

Rec Center feels singling out players can hurt youthful self confidence.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

(Beachwood) - Beachwood has cancelled its annual 4th of July Rec League All-Star Game for 9 to 12 year olds.

In a letter to coaches, Assistant Recreation Supervisor Frank Vicchiarelli announced that the decades old tradition would end because certain kids were being singled out as better players than others.

For the all-star game, some coaches encouraged kids to select their team's all-stars, and in other cases the coaches made the selections.

Fred Engh of the National Alliance for Youth Sports has strongly discouraged all-star games. His argument is that the games belong to all of the children, and not just a select few. The Beachwood Rec Department feels that this event takes a back seat to the real focus of the program, the kid?s games.

Beachwood says the tournament at the end of the season will continue, and that's the time to emphasize competitiveness.

Critics of the cancellation say it's not necessary and players who excel should be given a showcase. As in life, they point out, there are always winners and losers.

But Engh says that kind of competitiveness belongs in older kids, not players at this level. He says 9 to 12 year olds need to build their self confidence, and many sign up to play baseball at this age just to have fun.

The parents of the crappy kids are the ones who are probably behind this thing. All of those parents sucked in sports as youth as well.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Everyone got a three foot tall trophy for not participating.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What a crock of :censored:. So my kid has to get screwed because your kid sucks and throws like a girl? This kind of nonsense is one of the many things that are wrong with the world today. Life is tough. Sometimes you aren't an All-Star. Deal with it. Bunch of pussies.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

I'd say it depends what kind of league it is... we talking a fun league where the result doesn't really matter or are we talking about a serious league with tournaments and cuts, etc.?

It doesn't matter. Baseball isn't for sissies or the sensitive type. I say the All-Star pitchers should knock every kid that didn't make the All-Star team on their butts the first time they come to the plate. :D

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

I'd say it depends what kind of league it is... we talking a fun league where the result doesn't really matter or are we talking about a serious league with tournaments and cuts, etc.?

Well, they say they keep the playoff tournaments, so I assume it is a serious league.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Man i feel sorry for the Kids who were invited to compete the all-star game just because a Rec Center believes it will hurt the kids who weren't invited self confidence.. bunch of BS

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I said it in another thread, but what would George Carlin say if he was still around?

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Kids who would've participated in the game will surely beat the living hell out of the kids who didn't. This "let's not hurt the kids feelings" mentality is one of the biggest problems with society, in my opinion and the whole world will suffer for letting it continue.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

What a crock of :censored:. So my kid has to get screwed because your kid sucks and throws like a girl? This kind of nonsense is one of the many things that are wrong with the world today. Life is tough. Sometimes you aren't an All-Star. Deal with it. Bunch of pussies.

It doesn't matter. Baseball isn't for sissies or the sensitive type. I say the All-Star pitchers should knock every kid that didn't make the All-Star team on their butts the first time they come to the plate. :D

Kids who would've participated in the game will surely beat the living hell out of the kids who didn't. This "let's not hurt the kids feelings" mentality is one of the biggest problems with society, in my opinion and the whole world will suffer for letting it continue.

+5000

I hate these little league stories where the parents get so involved it's like they take over. Just let the kids play, it's a part of growing up. In the real world, people aren't going to be so nice to you cause your stupid feelings get hurt, and you won't have your parents to get you everything. None of the other generations have had their parents cancel things because they're not all included, and (most of them) they turned out okay! Thing is, I bet the most of the kids don't even care that much. And if they do, they should just be more motivated to work harder to make the team for the next year.

This just pisses me off.

Gee, some kids are just simply better than others. Get over it! Besides, the game doesn't really matter anyways. It's for 9-12 year olds! Let the better kids beat up on themselves. If a player get injured in the all-star game, the kid's coach will complain about having the all-star game in the first place.... :upside:

I saw, I came, I left.

So I clicked on the link to see where this was....

and it was Cleveland.

Shouldn't the kids in Cleveland be better than most at understanding there is losing in life?

Today, we are all otaku.

And then we wonder why we have so many problems these days...

This new dogma of self-esteem is ruining kids. All through school, you can't even tell little Johnny that he got a math problem wrong, because he tried so hard. The real problem comes in when after being held by the hand all through life, a kid finally has reality hit him in the face that he screwed up, and doesn't know how to handle it because he's never been confronted by that before.

VmWIn6B.png

This is what the politically correct nanny state has begoten.

Oh, so it was legislated? Or is this just a result of hyper-sensitive new ageists who feel that any kid who isn't treated like an utter prince from birth and taught that he/she can do no wrong will obviously suffer as an adult?

If you don't know what you're talking about, just shut up.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived