Oklahoma City .....

jhans203

I think the NBA forgot Black is a great primary color. What is there three black jersey besides the thirds.

In addition, I think that the NBA--no, pro sports in general...forgot that GREEN is also a great primary color.

GREEN.

True, Brett Favre loved it so much he went to the only other team that had it!

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the NBA forgot Black is a great primary color. What is there three black jersey besides the thirds.

In addition, I think that the NBA--no, pro sports in general...forgot that GREEN is also a great primary color.

GREEN.

The Eagles?

GREEN.

Amazing coincidence: both the Packers and the Jets use the EXACT same shade of Green.

Spooky.

Nah, the Eagles dropped anything resembling green a while back. :D

it's midnight green, and it is part of the Eagles' history

PhiladelphiaEaglesMidnightGreen_999.jpg

Only since 1996.

But to be honest, I actually LOVE that shade of Green. One of my favorite colors in all of sports actually. I don't care what anyone else thinks!

:P

I'd love for them to bring back the old San Antonio Riders colors. Those were sweet.

We were JUST discussing those a couple of weeks ago:

SanAntonioRiders_FRC_1992_SOL_SRGB.jpg

Good stuff one of my faves.

I posted on the okcnbafans.com board showing two teams with red, light blue, and blue. Tennessee Titans and Detroit Shock. I'm sure there is more, but I don't have the time to look.

I posted on the okcnbafans.com board showing two teams with red, light blue, and blue. Tennessee Titans and Detroit Shock. I'm sure there is more, but I don't have the time to look.

A case can be made for this team as well:

AtlantaDream_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.jpg

And, they just debuted this past season in the WNBA.

Only since 1996.

But to be honest, I actually LOVE that shade of Green. One of my favorite colors in all of sports actually. I don't care what anyone else thinks!

I like the color - just don't like it paired with black and charcoal. Three colors that look great on their own, but there's not enough contrast between them to work as a set of team colors.

Only since 1996.

Actually, a dark green was used from 1969 to 1973:

33-50216-F.jpg

Union.png

Actually, a dark green was used from 1969 to 1973:

33-50216-F.jpg

I'm sorry, but that Green isn't even close to what they actually used during that era.

I've got a high-quality scan of a 1972 Eagles Style Guide, and it almost exactly matches this:

PhiladelphiaEaglesGreen_1973_SOL_SR.jpg

Not only that, but they even called that color "Kelly Green" during that era. I can confirm that with a number of references.

Archived