Rebranding the NHL: XI

GFB

I really like it, my only problem with it is the sleeve stripes on the home and away. I think they would look much better if they were the same as the alternate.

As a fan of the Sabres since their inception, this rebranding does a SUPER job of merging old and new and I, like others, would rush out to buy each jersey. This is so much better than the buffaslug and a great take on a classic jersey.

L'etoile du nord

The head on that buffalo is the problem. It doesn't fit. It just doesn't look right.

Also, i hate how people on here take criticism as hatred and being mean-spirited. I'd have to say most of the people here are sycophantic weasels who look at any logo and immediately cry "THIS IS THE GREATEST THING I"VE EVER SEEN!"

I'm not saying don't have an opinion, but don't rip other's opinions that are not in line with yours.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I really like it, my only problem with it is the sleeve stripes on the home and away. I think they would look much better if they were the same as the alternate.

I was just about to say that. The stripes on this really irk me. The old-style buffalo on the teritary logo is also a lot better than the one on the primary.

Hell, I'd use the secondary as the primary since that's my favorite, but that's just my opinion.

But yeah, this is ok. Not groundbreaking or the best Sabres concept I've seen, but it's nice.

everyone at icethetics has been ripping your design. The only problem is, theres nothing too creative to do with the sabres, and there complaining about that, except for umm, they kinda were the ones that picked the team that is hard to do, so i say good job on you design, i really like it.

The head on that buffalo is the problem. It doesn't fit. It just doesn't look right.

Also, i hate how people on here take criticism as hatred and being mean-spirited. I'd have to say most of the people here are sycophantic weasels who look at any logo and immediately cry "THIS IS THE GREATEST THING I"VE EVER SEEN!"

I'm not saying don't have an opinion, but don't rip other's opinions that are not in line with yours.

Uhh, who exactly took offense to what? I don't remember anybody taking offense to your comment, and if your talking about all the criticism on the icethetics blog, some of it is mean-spirited...

Now with that being said, I didn't expect such a harsh reaction from the people over there. Comments like, "You put no time or effort into this concept." or "Why would you even post this?" make me laugh. But the truth is, if I can't handle some nasty comments by some random guy who I'll never meet, then what am I doing on these boards?

I do agree that there are a few too many stripes on the bottem of the jersey, but it doesn't bug me to the point that i'd rip you for it. I'd cut it down to 3 if it was me.

Side note: The fact that your level headed enough to realize that not everyone will like your design, and others will just rip it to look tough over the internet is very mature of you and I think you deserve alot of credit for that. Sadly people get all tangeled up in being offended by some jerk who just says stuff for the sake of saying over the net.

Bonus points to you for that, and keep up the great work. So far your re-design of the NHL has been great and makes me think "If he can do it, why does reebok only resort to basic templates?"

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Everything is incredible, but the buffalo looks really weird to me. Almost as if it is dieing. Anyway this is another awesome design and the jersey design is so sweet, can't wait for 12-30.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

• 3 weeks later...
bhawks.png

This is by far the best logo i have ever seen on here since i joined in april!

great job!

Send this to the blackhawks right now!!!

ummmm.

Off topic?

Anyways I love the concept matt.

Second best sabres concept I've seen.

Just a bit eh. Its not even good. It looks like...well unno even know wtf that is!!

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Again, another solid outing here, GFB. I thought I already commented on this'n, but apparently, I forgot to. The logos are solid all around, although the darker yellow could be a bit lighter....no big deal, just a nitpick. The uniforms look great, except I think they could do without the stripe up on the shoulder/collar area. It just seems like a bit too much to me.

Great stuff, as usual. One of the better Sabres concepts I've seen.

i'm not feeling this entirely - while it's very good, the logo is very similar to the one done by john slabyk and not as well executed...this one kind of looks a bit like a goat - the jersey's are WAY too busy for my taste

this is probably my favorite sabres rebrand of all time

You've got to be kidding. This blows away Slabyk's logo. The shading on this Buffalo actually makes a little sense.

It's not like Slabyk owns this concept either. his was an update of the original crest. This is the same.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Loved your Dallas Stars concepts, but on a whole, I am simply not on board with this Sabres design.

The secondary logo is wonderful, but the primary logo could definitely use some work. The crossing swords are entirely too big, and the Buffalo is lifeless and cartoon-like.

As far as the uniforms go, I like the away jersey, but the striping on both are a little much for me.

I've always been attracted to the simplicity of the old sabres logo and frankly, this logo is a little too busy for me.

Here's a side by side of the new buffalo and the retro buffalo:

BUF_Rebranding_Comparison.png

I love what you did over here. The new Buffalo is alot more appealing with your modifications. I also think it can work even without any of the silver you've added. But either way, it's awesome and it would have been nice for the Sabres to use a similarly stylised Buffalo.

I think the problem areas with your new Bison are the top of the head and the chin/mouth/nose area. The top of the head should be in more, towards the horn. It's a little too far out. Almost looks like he's getting launched out of a cannon, his head should be tilted down more so it appears as he's stampeding along. The mouth/nose needs some work, but I don't know how to explain it--yet.

Archived