Rebranding the NHL: XI

GFB

I LOVE IT!!! The logos are SICK and the jerseys are killer too! Great combination of history and future.

By far your best in the series thus far.

I love how you have a more complex logo for the main jerseys but you simplified it and changed the colors to reflect the history of the team. I can't think of any other team that has ever done it, but you did it and you nailed it! Great job, best sabres rebrand i have EVER seen! Keep up the good work.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

I'm surprised by the reaction here. Over on the Icethetics blog, they're ripping this apart in the comments section.

As a Sabres fan, I'd be proud to see my team sport this look. Hell, I'd buy at least one of each jersey!

Matt - don't let them get you down - keep up the excellent work!

I'm going to go against the crowd here and say that I'm not a huge fan.

The logos are excellent, as always. And the two-tone gold works in the logos. But, I don't like the jerseys at all. There are too many stripes, IMO. It gets distracting when you see, looking from above, 5 stripes of yellow on each arm, not to mention the yellow collar. That, paired with the different shade of gold on the shoulder, ruins it for me. I think if you simplified it, more like the alternate, on the arms it would look better. Possibly: Change the darker gold to white, get rid of the "slash" effect, and lose the cuff color. Just a thought, but I think it would look better. I really, really love the bottom of the jersey, though.

I'm surprised by the reaction here. Over on the Icethetics blog, they're ripping this apart in the comments section.

They wouln't know a great design if it bit them. They love all the crappy stuff over their.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

i'm not feeling this entirely - while it's very good, the logo is very similar to the one done by john slabyk and not as well executed...this one kind of looks a bit like a goat - the jersey's are WAY too busy for my taste

this is probably my favorite sabres rebrand of all time

jldesigns404eo.png

Seems very nice to me. But I do think the shading on the buffalo in the primary might be a little too detailed? The rest of the logos and wordmark are pretty much perfect. I'm not feeling too good about the shoulder stripes on the jerseys.

Wade-sig.png

Here's a side by side of the new buffalo and the retro buffalo:

BUF_Rebranding_Comparison.png

As for the jersey design, I really think that you should see how they look on a person before you pass judgement on them. The way I pictured them, the gold cuffs would be under the gloves, and the dark gold stripes are on the shoulder. So the massive amount of stripes you see here would be spread out through the entire jersey.

As for comparisons to John Slabyk's concept, there are definitely similarities. Both concepts center around the one thing that most Sabres fans want, a return to the old logo. But his Sabres concept is the pinnacle of Sabres concepts, and to be honest, I knew that it would be almost impossible to top it...

I like where you're going with the rebrand but the jerseys still seem a bit over the top when paired with the more classic conservative logo. I love the logo and wordmarks, however. Also, props for releasing your template to the masses, it can be a difficult thing to do after spending so much time on it..

Archived