Police Cruiser Concepts

BlueSky

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I might be biased ...

You might also be blind.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

But, I could never have a police force as a client. I despise law enforcement (in the suburban area), where there are no real criminals. The ones that are just there to suckle money out of you and harass you for :censored:s and giggles. I also hate college campus police. The ones that are powertrippers. I hate. Now metropolitan police, in say, Baltimore, or D.C., those are real cops and more power to them.

Did I mention I'm an emergency dispatcher? :P

Think what you want, I'll just respectfully disagree that only urban forces are 'real' cops. They obviously have more frequent and often more serious calls, but you can say the same about urban fire and EMS units. Are they the only 'real' firefighters and paramedics too?

Just promise that if something bad happens to you in a non-urban jurisdiction you won't call the police. That would make you a hypocrite, wouldn't it?

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Here in Alberta, even the police are getting in on the throwback craze. The RCMP recently unveiled retro cruisers to mark their 135th anniversary. I can't find any good photos of them online, but there is some video here. The black-and-white cars are from the ?50s, and the blue-and-white ones are from the ?70s. What they roll in these days look more this, although they tend to be Crown Vics and Chevy Impalas rather than Toyotas.

Stroud Area Regional Police

(Stroudsburg, East Stroudsburg, Marshalls Creek, The Smithfields, Bushkill in Monroe County, PA)

stroud103.jpg

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Is there any U.S. cities that use foreign cars for police forces?

I remember driving in North Carolina and I saw a NC State Police in a BMW. That was 10 years ago. I just checked and whoa, a lot of police departments use Bimmers....

https://www.bmwmc.net/uploads/tm7/PDBMW.pdf

So I guess the Dodge Charger is taking preference over the Crown Vic? I can think of a couple counties in Northern Kentucky that also use the Charger.

Ford is gonna redesign a new entire car to compete with the Dodge Charger. There are rumors they're gonna base on the concept car, the Ford Interceptor.

So I guess the Dodge Charger is taking preference over the Crown Vic? I can think of a couple counties in Northern Kentucky that also use the Charger.

Which I find amusing since Dodge vehicles are largely crap, at least in my experience. I have no idea how any department expects them to hold up in police use when they can't even stay in one piece hauling John Q. Public to the mall.

But hey, they sure look cool. :rolleyes:

Re the Interceptor, nice...another car with 8-inch high windows. Nothing like shameless copying another company's design.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Is there any U.S. cities that use foreign cars for police forces?

I remember driving in North Carolina and I saw a NC State Police in a BMW. That was 10 years ago. I just checked and whoa, a lot of police departments use Bimmers....

https://www.bmwmc.net/uploads/tm7/PDBMW.pdf

Those agencies use BMW motorcycles.

The Tuscaloosa County, Alabama Sheriff has a Merceded M class as a patrol vehicle (because the M classes are made in Vance.)

California Highway Patrol tested a Volvo 760 years ago.

Ford is gonna redesign a new entire car to compete with the Dodge Charger. There are rumors they're gonna base on the concept car, the Ford Interceptor.

It also says it wants to compete with the Chrysler 300, which is obvious because the body work is so similar. I'm surprised I haven't seen any 300s as police cruisers, come to think of it.

applogosig17.pngapplogosig16bychapeeko.png

Courtesy chapeeko

My roommate just finished an internship with the Troy Police and most of the guys prefer the Crown Vic over the Charger, but they all absolutely hate the Impala.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Archived