College Football Concepts

-(dp)-

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You get an A-plus on the Michigan State uniforms. Absolutely fantastic.

I'm not a fan of the piping on the Virginia uniforms, but I'm not a fan of piping, period, on football unis.

And I kind of like the Indiana uniforms. I like how you make them look less like Oklahoma's unis. I'm not so hot about the cream pants, but I would like it if there were cream jerseys as well.

But, again, those Michigan State unis are just wonderful.

These are all perfect. The cream on IU's unis add a classy touch and everything else....no flaws. Great Job.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Seeing that MSU made another small change to their uniforms inspired me to try a concept for them. Other than a bad experiment in the early 2000's, they have always had fairly simple, traditional looking uniforms. I think the addition of the pants stripe this year made the uniforms look very nice, but there are still a few problems, the biggest being the wordmark size and placement. It is way too low. With the basketball team being far more successful than the football team, I tried to take a couple elements from their uniforms. The largest change I made was the addition of silver. The basketball team includes silver in the uniforms, so I thought I could try it with the football uniforms. I also used the wordmark that appears on the basketball, which just reads 'State' rather than 'Michigan State.' I made it smaller than the current wordmark. On the jerseys, I added a silver outline to the numbers. Without the larger wordmark, they looked a little plain, so I added stripes over the shoulder. There is thin silver trim on the pants, jersey, and helmet stripes. Let me know what you guys think of these. I also have Arizona and Virginia concepts nearly done, which I will probably post tomorrow.

MSUconcept.png

The next team I decided to do a concept for was Arizona. What they have now is not good, and they used to have some pretty unique uniforms. I don't know why they changed so drastically. I based my concept on the unique ones I just mentioned, which are right here. I really liked the striping, but I didn't like the unstriped blue pants. Also, the sleeves looked kind of empty. What I tried to do is take the striping idea and modernize it. I kept the number font they use now (which they did use with a version of the uniforms I posted also.) I made the jersey striping over the shoulder instead of the cuffs, and moved the numbers to the sleeve. I made blue pants that match the jersey, instead of the unstriped ones, and added a red alternate, like they currently have.

ArizonaConcept.png

This next one, I just decided to have a little fun with, it probably won't be accepted as well as the others. Virginia has kept pretty much the same look for a little while now, with a few minor changes (changed the color of the V on the jersey, took TV numbers off, and I think added a small wordmark, I could be wrong, though.) However, while Thomas Jones was there, the uniforms were a little less traditional. So, since they don't have a really long tradition with their uniforms, I decided I would try something a little different with them. Yes, there is piping, which many of you hate no matter what, but I went with it anyways. The stripe up front of the jersey that goes toward the shoulder is supposed to resemble the swords from the logo. because this is a little bit busier of a design, I took the stripes off from the helmet, and kept the pants simple. I originally had the sleeves on the white jersey blue, but it was too much, so I kept them white.

VirginiaConcept.png

The team I did next has a unique color scheme, but umm... they don't use it. It is Indiana. They could look so much more unique if they used cream with the crimson. As it is now, they look like an Oklahoma clone, but my goal was to change that. Obviously, the main change is the addition of cream. The stripes on the helmet, jersey and pants all have cream stripes on them, and there is a pair of cream pants. It is set up so that there is always one crimson stripe, bordered on both sides by the cream. This wasn't a huge change, but I feel it is an improvement over what they currently use.

IndianaConcept.png

i'm a student at msu and i've always wanted to see them use the style of the basketball uniforms and do it right. i'm not a big fan of what you have done with the shoulder striping. maybe silver instead of white for the home. the away striping looks nice. and i think the pants stripes need some work too. but you are on the right track.

• 1 month later...
Missouri added. Any other suggestions on which team to redesign next?

Thanks a lot. I appreciate it.

I like how you based the MU concept off of pretty much the only non-template aspect of the current duds. And props for matching the golds, though the one you chose wouldn't have been my first choice.

Still, definitely solid and appreciated.

Wow, Mizzou looks incredible. I like how you kept the general style of the jerseys, but removed piping. It makes it look waaaaay better. So nice work. Also I don't mind black pants w/ black jersey in this case; I think Mizzou is one of the few teams where this monochrome look actually works.

Wow, Mizzou looks incredible. I like how you kept the general style of the jerseys, but removed piping. It makes it look waaaaay better. So nice work. Also I don't mind black pants w/ black jersey in this case; I think Mizzou is one of the few teams where this monochrome look actually works.

Thats exactly how I see it. If and when Nike changes Mizzou's jerseys because everyone is using that template now, I would really like to see their uniforms like your concept. Great job on those to change them but keep the same feel for them.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

The team I did next has a unique color scheme, but umm... they don't use it. It is Indiana. They could look so much more unique if they used cream with the crimson. As it is now, they look like an Oklahoma clone, but my goal was to change that. Obviously, the main change is the addition of cream. The stripes on the helmet, jersey and pants all have cream stripes on them, and there is a pair of cream pants. It is set up so that there is always one crimson stripe, bordered on both sides by the cream. This wasn't a huge change, but I feel it is an improvement over what they currently use.

IndianaConcept.png

I don't think white and cream work together. If you're going to use cream, go all the way. (Like the SF Giants' home unis ... which makes me think about a different kind of cream ... and clear ...) I think since IU's one-season use in 1983, uniform technology has improved to where cream wouldn't look so much like white with something yellow thrown into the wash.

Packers-2.png

Archived