Gene Upshaw dies

rainmaker17

Wow...never even knew he had cancer. Though with pancreatic cancer, by the time one finds out about it, it's too late.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

You would think major news sources would've picked it up by now. I'm still skeptable.

Looks like you're pretty skeptical, too.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

According to Wikipedia, he died from pancreatic cancer.

According to Wikipedia (at the moment), Upshaw lives.

Regardless, he wasn't going to lead the NFLPA for long -- not if Matt Stover had his way.

6uXNWAo.png

Wow. Didn't see this one coming.

Not to kick the man when he's down, but in the grand scheme of things he was considered a lousy head of the NFLPA. He was often seen as kow-towing (sp?) to ownership and in the hip pocket of the Commissioner's office. Perhaps the next union head won't be perceived that way.

nav-logo.png

According to Wikipedia, he died from pancreatic cancer.

According to Wikipedia (at the moment), Upshaw lives.

Regardless, he wasn't going to lead the NFLPA for long -- not if Matt Stover had his way.

Nothing personal to you two, but Wikipedia isn't the best source for facts, especially of breaking news.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Maybe now Ditka and Joe DeLamielleure can get their retired players pension raised. Still not the way you want to see someone leave office. My friend's dad died of pancreatic cancer. He learned he had it, two weeks later was dead. It was so fast, it might as well have been a car accident.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived