Duke, Miami, Florida St.

theflakeband

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, Duke and FSU look good in all-black, Miami (FL) is not that great.

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

If you can't come up with an obvious alternate (aside from the black, which you're doing for everyone and most people will probably ignore at this point), you shouldn't include one.

What is the point of the Duke alternate? It's no different, aside from black numbers with a white outline.

That's pointless. If Duke's colors are blue, black and white, then black would be the obvious alternate. Your alternate should be obviously different (maybe a retro blue version without piping) or the black version.

If you have to struggle to come up with an alternate that is almost 100% identical to another version, skip it.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

mod edit

comment on the concept or ignore it please

sorry, didnt mean "i hate you" literally :) its just the same :censored: different colors over and over again!

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

What change did Miami undergo? Maybe there is a big difference, but I'm just not seeing it.

I think the Duke concept seems like just any other football jersey that has popped up in H.S. or College, it just looks like something that's already been done. I think it looks cool, but the whole piping fad is just been fed to everyone ad nausium in the last few years. I'd like to see a simplified Duke uni, maybe not scrap the piping but perhaps think of a way to use just a little piping in a "neat" way that isn't so close to some of the nasty Nike templates that have famous universities' color drag-n-dropped into them. And yeah, the black thing, just STOP, seriously, people will not take yo seriously if you do something that silly.

I will state once again...

STOP USING EUROSTYLE FOR THE NAMEPLATES! Hell, nameplates don't even work for some, namely Miami, yet you have the same "WILSON" on all of them, even with the font clashing with everything.

VmWIn6B.png

What change did Miami undergo? Maybe there is a big difference, but I'm just not seeing it.

I think the Duke concept seems like just any other football jersey that has popped up in H.S. or College, it just looks like something that's already been done. I think it looks cool, but the whole piping fad is just been fed to everyone ad nausium in the last few years. I'd like to see a simplified Duke uni, maybe not scrap the piping but perhaps think of a way to use just a little piping in a "neat" way that isn't so close to some of the nasty Nike templates that have famous universities' color drag-n-dropped into them. And yeah, the black thing, just STOP, seriously, people will not take yo seriously if you do something that silly.

I agree with what Matt said about the piping. Take Florida St. for instance. The armstripes are filled with...umm some sort of pattern, then below the waist you have a multitude of diagonal lines that are splat all over the pants. A bad mismatch. You need to tone it down and keep it consistent.

But it's really not all bad. I have to give you props for making 3 very clean concepts with potential.

Another thing you should do is increase the size format when you post them. They should be a bit bigger.

Black alternates are the uniform equivalent of artificially enhancing one's package. Remember that.

Has Duke always had that shade of blue? Because if you did change it, I would rather revert to the original color.

Piping is quite overrated.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Fightin' Irish 2nd alternate is the Home jersey, minus the Nike swoosh and with a white "Irish" on the front instead of a Gold "Irish". At least it isn't black, I'll give you that much.

Archived