Coke goes, well "different"

dfwabel

Bear in mind that a little more than 20 years ago another dunderhead at Coca-Cola HQ also said, "Hey, I know we're the #1 soft drink the world over by light years....but y'know what we need to do is change the formula."

Both instances can be summed up in the same word;

FAIL

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I have an aunt named Jessie Scanlan and it is not uncommon for her last name to be mispelled Scanlon. How weird.

Though in regards to the New Coke, it did wind up making Coca-Cola Classic a momumental success, and these designs could work in a similar capacity if Coke went back to basics again.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

our 20oz ers have the new smaller cap (that resembles a classic glass bottle's metal pop off top). they're too small to grip compared to the traditional plastic 2ltr caps.

new:

5big.jpg

ours have white caps

old:

Coke-20-oz-Bottles1.jpg

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

What will be interesting to see is if they go the route Budweiser has with team logos on the beer bottles. Budweiser is trying to get each team who sells their beer to use bottles with the sports logo on it. Fans will want to buy the "official team beer." I could see Coke trying this out because it's a really good marketing gimmick.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
our 20oz ers have the new smaller cap (that resembles a classic glass bottle's metal pop off top). they're too small to grip compared to the traditional plastic 2ltr caps.

new:

5big.jpg

ours have white caps

old:

Coke-20-oz-Bottles1.jpg

Those were weird to get used to at first, but I kind of like the smaller caps now.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

How are those different than these?

budlite.summer.jpeg

I'd actually feel like more of a man drinking the coke than that poor excuse of beer in an ugly bottle. That's for starters...the neck of that bottle looks more deformed imo.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

0822_coke.jpg

If this is where they're heading, it's going to fail. The bottle sticks out, but unless I'm really looking I can't tell if it's Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero or some weird concoction by Jones Cola.

Are those glass bottles? Although the old glass ones were probably phased out long before I started drinking Coke, I've always liked them. I mean, I've had them when I've gone overseas, and recently my local grocery store started selling those retro-classic Cokes in glass bottles. Anyways I've always felt the Coke was more enjoyable in a glass bottle, as weird as that may seem.

0822_coke.jpg

If this is where they're heading, it's going to fail.

At first I thought that meant the country and your sig. :P JK, actually Bush has given me one ironic hope...if we can survive 8 years of him we can survive anything.

Agree ref Coke, they say the guy's efforts are "bearing fruit"? Fruit isn't the word I'd use to describe that crap.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

0822_coke.jpg

If this is where they're heading, it's going to fail. The bottle sticks out, but unless I'm really looking I can't tell if it's Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero or some weird concoction by Jones Cola.

Are those glass bottles? Although the old glass ones were probably phased out long before I started drinking Coke, I've always liked them. I mean, I've had them when I've gone overseas, and recently my local grocery store started selling those retro-classic Cokes in glass bottles. Anyways I've always felt the Coke was more enjoyable in a glass bottle, as weird as that may seem.

Man, glass bottles remind me of my chilhood. There was a gas station down the street from my house that had one of those machines you put a dime in , then pulled the bottle out by the neck. It had the coldest Coca-Cola a can remember. Like it was just warm enough not to freeze. Something about that cold bottle of Coke, I just loved it. It's one of those things I flashback to every time I see those little Coca-Cola bottles. Coming home from a little league game, and stopping in for a Coke....good times.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think these will totally replace the classic red label/white script bottles. They are probably trying the same thing Mountain Dew has been doing with their "art bottles", something people will oogle over for a while, then die off. Coke just needs to stick to being Coke, the formula has worked until now, why change?

Archived