Possible Logos for 2016 Olympics

DarkManX

If you look closely at the Madrid "Hand" logo, you'll see an "M" - for Madrid!

Best logo hands down....

I was in Rio in 1997 and bought a " Rio 2004" T-shirt. At the time they were bidding (or thinking of bidding) for the 2004 games. I have the t-shirt somewhere, but I remember the logo being lame.

I'm betting Rio gets the 2016 games, setting up a US Free For All for the 2020 games.

I think the "Applicant Cities" that made the cut can now change the wording to "Candidate Cities".

Just posted on a random blog I found these 7 potentional logos for all of the cities in the running.

http://ryanyeah.com/7-future-olympics-logos/

2828055038_b5dbb722f7.jpg

Thoughts:

Chicago - Powerful, but the six-sided star is obscure if you don't know it's part of the flag. The building-lake shadows work.

Madrid - Let's make handprints for Mommy! And that red middle finger seems to be telling me something...

Rio - my favorite, with the lower-case typography and the symbol utilizing the two mountains that flank Rio's harbor (I know the big one is Sugarloaf but forget the other).

Tokyo - abstract but well done. Wordmark is the best including the sun from the flag.

Doha, Praha and Baku - interchangeable; they say nothing about their cities. Baku, however, is nice iwth the dancers making a flower.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

If you look closely at the Madrid "Hand" logo, you'll see an "M" - for Madrid!

Best logo hands down....

i see watcha did there

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

I, too, like the Chicago and Madrid logos.

Also, and I'm not 100%, but did Prague and Chicago use the same font? Prague's seems to be slightly heavier, but that could be due to the logo itself being scaled down rather than anything else.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I still think the origonal Chicago 2016 logo is the best of all of them (they aren't allowed to use the rings or the torch imagry until they are selected, so i'd guess that they would go back to this if Chicago is selected)...

I'd certainly hope so. It's a great logo.

Archived