Brady gone for the year

LuvTheNats

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three possible scenarios

a) Brady's backup comes in and does amazing. They win the superbowl and trade Brady the next year to the Bills.

B) Culpepper to Moss

c) Failure

EDIT - that's "b" with a ")" after it

Yahoo is reporting it.

Sources: Brady out with ACL tear

Until I see a more reputable source other than Yahoo, I'm reserving judgment.

But, assuming the reports are true, say hello to the 6-10 Patriots. Because that's what's going to happen.

And the rest of the NFL will dance in the streets.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Geez, everyone is having such a kneejerk reaction. It could be true, but I'm not buying into :censored: until the team publicly announces it. Don't we know their history by now? I think everyone just wants to know really fast. Odds are his MRI isn't even done yet. And he was able to walk down the stairs and all that.

I gotta agree with ginger here. Despite the hit Brady took, I really don't want to take Yahoo's word for it yet.

I want to hear a legit source say that Brady is out. If that is the case, does New England have enough faith in Cassel to lead the team through the season or do they dare try to get Daunte Culpepper out of retirement for a chance to be a star one more time?

I say let Cassel run the show. Bringing in Culpepper might be good for nostalgia reasons, but remember that he knows nil of the system. I'd rather have someone that knows his way around the offense at the helm than a green QB.

If, of course, Brady is indeed out for an extended period of time.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

If I know the Pats coaching staff like I think I do, I think Cassel starts the rest of the year unless he completes stinks the joint up Rex Grossman style. They like continuity in the system and Cassel may not be Brady, but he knows the system and I do think he's talented enough that they're still a playoff team with Cassel at the helm. I do however see them picking up Simms as a third stringer and if Cassel fails he sees some time toward the end of the season. My hope is that us Pats fans don't overreact. I could see this thing shaping up like an '01 Pats team. Win with defense and special teams and have your QB manage the game. Brady wasn't always the MVP type player we saw last year. In fact I thought Cassel had a stat line very similar to what I saw from Brady the first Super Bowl run.

Matt Cassel: keep it simple. Don't be awful. We still have a chance.

Yahoo is reporting it.

Sources: Brady out with ACL tear

Until I see a more reputable source other than Yahoo, I'm reserving judgment.

But, assuming the reports are true, say hello to the 6-10 Patriots. Because that's what's going to happen.

And the rest of the NFL will dance in the streets.

All right...go check NFL.com then....seeing is believing

Yep...good enough for me.

Like I said, Pats fans (including me): say hello to 6-10. Super Bowl hangover indeed.

Sodboy13 said:

They gotta bring in Culpepper.

Or the Browns could trade them Anderson or Quinn.

New England won't trade for anyone....While the QB talent is crap in the free agent market, they are not looking for a starter...They are looking for nothing more than a back up....Cassel knows the current system front to back. Why would NE trade high draft pick(s) for a backup? They can get Chris Simms, Tim Rattay, or Daunte Culpepper dirt cheap.

Somehow I seem to remember this same talk a few years back when Bledsoe took a dive. I'm willing to wait and see how this goes.

Bear in mind #1 the Pats have one of the softest schedules in the league this year, #2 the is more than just Tom Brady, there's a whole team of good players there, #3 Bill Belichick is still one of the best coaches with a great system. I'm not saying they'll go to Tampa, but I'm not ready to call the season a total washout just yet.

To anyone here who claims to be a Patriots fan, show some gumption and hang in there. Those of you whining about it all being over with already really need to evaluate yourselves on whether you're an actual fan or just a fair-weather bandwagoner. Part of being a fan is riding out the hard times. Last I checked the team is still 1-0 and I'm not counting out my team yet regardless of how grim one player's injury might be.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Amen.

Somehow I seem to remember this same talk a few years back when Bledsoe took a dive. I'm willing to wait and see how this goes.

Bear in mind #1 the Pats have one of the softest schedules in the league this year, #2 the is more than just Tom Brady, there's a whole team of good players there, #3 Bill Belichick is still one of the best coaches with a great system. I'm not saying they'll go to Tampa, but I'm not ready to call the season a total washout just yet.

To anyone here who claims to be a Patriots fan, show some gumption and hang in there. Those of you whining about it all being over with already really need to evaluate yourselves on whether you're an actual fan or just a fair-weather bandwagoner. Part of being a fan is riding out the hard times. Last I checked the team is still 1-0 and I'm not counting out my team yet regardless of how grim one player's injury might be.

Archived