Brady gone for the year

LuvTheNats

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its true, NFL.com reported it and they say Simms will be there tommarow morning, to have a physical and talk with the team, they said if all goes well he could be a pat by the end of the day, They said that Kansas City and Tennessee have also contacted Simms because Brodie Croyle <_< and Vince Young got hurt

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

2003 is not 2008. Matt Cassel is no Tom Brady.

And the 2008 Seahawks are not the 2005 Seahawks.

They were supposed to be good this year. I know it is only one game, but things look great for the Bills.

No, the Seahawks are supposed to be less mediocre than the rest of the NFC West. There is a difference.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That really is a douchebag way to feel. I mean I despise the Manning brothers and Giants fans everywhere, but I would NEVER wish injury on either. I would prefer to see them healthy and fail miserably. I would also prefer the win Super Bowls then have either of them tear an ACL.

Is it wrong to feel happy about Brady possibly being lost for the season?

It's exactly what those smug Boston fans deserve.

For god's sake, give it the :censored: up. So we're supposedly the pompous :censored:s and you're wishing injury hell on players here. I ask, who's the douchebag?

I think shiznit put it pretty well. I could never want A-Rod or Eli Manning or Kobe to have career-threatening injuries, that's just horrible, no mater how much I hate them. It's more fun, even, to just hope they fail. Seriously, I take sports way too seriously sometimes, but if a (ehem, prejudiced) opinion about a sports fanbase causes you to hope someone has a terrible injury, you seriously need to rethink your priorities in life. Just to put it straight.

----

I'm even a part-time Falcons fan because of Matt Ryan. :upside:

They were supposed to be good this year. I know it is only one game, but things look great for the Bills.

No, the Seahawks are supposed to be less mediocre than the rest of the NFC West. There is a difference.

Very true, but they were predicted to make the playoffs by most predictions.

No he isn't. I was just trying to prove a point that you can't overreact to what happens in week 1.

I may be overreacting, but this is the best I've felt about the Bills since I can remember.

And I may be a douchebag for thinking this, but I also am happy about Brady being out. I don't want him to be hurt for the rest of his career, but I don't want him to ruin the Bills possibly amazing season, and Boston fans deserve a little bad luck.

saBS.png

Very true, but they were predicted to make the playoffs by most predictions.

So? They could finish 8-8 and still make the playoffs by virtue of the rest of the division finishing under .500. Which is likely.

----------------------------------------------------

Fantasy owners deserve little sympathy. It's a flippin' hobby anyway, and not worth that level of concern.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I feel bad personally for Brady as I don't really hate him. That said to me this is karma for having a lying, cheating, scumbag of coach. And since it is highly unlikely the coach would blow out his knee and have an effect on the team, I will take it happening to their best player.

Again not happy for what it means for Brady (i hope he has no long term damage) himself but trilled for what it means for the Patriots.

For god's sake, give it the :censored: up. So we're supposedly the pompous :censored:s and you're wishing injury hell on players here. I ask, who's the douchebag?

I think shiznit put it pretty well. I could never want A-Rod or Eli Manning or Kobe to have career-threatening injuries, that's just horrible, no mater how much I hate them. It's more fun, even, to just hope they fail. Seriously, I take sports way too seriously sometimes, but if a (ehem, prejudiced) opinion about a sports fanbase causes you to hope someone has a terrible injury, you seriously need to rethink your priorities in life. Just to put it straight.

----

I love the parts I just bolded. Something about pots and kettles.....

Show me when I've wished that Brady, or any other athlete, would get injured and miss the rest of the season.

Boston fans have become insufferable, both on here and around town. Anything that throws mud back in their collective faces, I can support.

Fantasy owners deserve little sympathy. It's a flippin' hobby anyway, and not worth that level of concern.

Eh, I hope nobody who has this guy on their fantasy team is really stressin. I mean, of course I've been like "DRAT! DOUBLE DRAT!" because that's really the only connection I have to the guy :P

But seriously...the Patriots should be ok. I mean, its not like they've gone from SB contenders to out of the playoffs automatically. They've still got a good team up there in Foxboro, and a damn good coach (as much as I hate to admit it :P) as well. If Cassel can just manage the games, they'll be alright.

----

I love the parts I just bolded. Something about pots and kettles.....

Show me when I've wished that Brady, or any other athlete, would get injured and miss the rest of the season.

Boston fans have become insufferable, both on here and around town. Anything that throws mud back in their collective faces, I can support.

If that's how you approach things like this, I just find that unbelieveable. I said that as someone who can take my teams a little too seriously at times (and not in this case at all,believe me), and at least I admit it, even I know there is a distinct line that you can cross and that is most definitely it. If you attempt to brand that as hypocrisy, I don't know how to respond without understating how ignorant that might be.

Oh, maybe when you not-so-subtly implied that you felt happy about him being injured and missing the season and explicitly stated that it's just what Boston fans deserve. If you are trying to say there's a big difference between wishing it and feeling happy after it happened, well just don't.

I hate to shoot down your high horse/superiority complex, but maybe it's you that have become insufferable. You'll poo-poo this because of the teams I support, but I say this as a human being.

That's really all I have to say.

Archived