Brady gone for the year

LuvTheNats

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If that's how you approach things like this, I just find that unbelieveable. I said that as someone who can take my teams a little too seriously at times (and not in this case at all,believe me), and at least I admit it, even I know there is a distinct line that you can cross and that is most definitely it. If you attempt to brand that as hypocrisy, I don't know how to respond without understating how ignorant that might be.

Oh, maybe when you not-so-subtly implied that you felt happy about him being injured and missing the season and explicitly stated that it's just what Boston fans deserve. If you are trying to say there's a big difference between wishing it and feeling happy after it happened, well just don't.

I hate to shoot down your high horse/superiority complex, but maybe it's you that have become insufferable. You'll poo-poo this because of the teams I support, but I say this as a human being.

That's really all I have to say.

Easy, Nancy.

Who's fanbase was it that told the board to "Go f*** yourselves", yet demanded our respect?

Brady's hurt, and a majority of the Patriot haters aren't feeling sorry for them or their fanbase. Suck it up, as you mentioned 9 months ago.

If that's how you approach things like this, I just find that unbelieveable. I said that as someone who can take my teams a little too seriously at times (and not in this case at all,believe me), and at least I admit it, even I know there is a distinct line that you can cross and that is most definitely it. If you attempt to brand that as hypocrisy, I don't know how to respond without understating how ignorant that might be.

Oh, maybe when you not-so-subtly implied that you felt happy about him being injured and missing the season and explicitly stated that it's just what Boston fans deserve. If you are trying to say there's a big difference between wishing it and feeling happy after it happened, well just don't.

I hate to shoot down your high horse/superiority complex, but maybe it's you that have become insufferable. You'll poo-poo this because of the teams I support, but I say this as a human being.

Easy, Nancy.

Who's fanbase was it that told the board to "Go f*** yourselves", yet demanded our respect?

Brady's hurt, and a majority of the Patriot haters aren't feeling sorry for them or their fanbase. Suck it up, as you mentioned 9 months ago.

I'm not even asking you to feel sorry for me, just telling you it's stupid to be happy a player is injured like that because of a stupid reason like that. I guess there's no point in arguing with you if you're just going to turn this into a vendetta on me (and supposedly Boston) because I might have offended you 9 months ago(which I'm not even going to discuss because it has nothing to do with this). You're acting in exactly the same way you say I did. If you want to form opinions of millions of people based on how I might have pissed you off you, go ahead. Feel however you want, just know I never asked for your sympathy and there is nothing to suck up. Just the extremes you go to (just going to find that) to try to validate your opinion are ludicrous.

Congratulations, you have added absolutely nothing to this discussion. And by the way, I'm not even angry, just kind of astonished.

HedleyLamarr and gingerbreadmann... take your verbal slap-fight to PMs or - preferably - simply discontinue it entirely. We all know that talking trash is part-and-parcel of sports fandom, but your little pissing-contest is getting out of hand and detracting from discussion of what the injury potentially means to the Patriots' chances this season, as well as Brady's future.

In fact, let us all focus on the ways that Brady's injury will impact the Patriots on the field, Brady's future prospects and the balance of power in the NFL, shall we? Thank you in advance, folks.

Oh... and before anyone assumes that my putting the kibosh on this little scrap is a result of a "smug Boston fan" being bent out of shape over the Brady injury, allow me to inform the masses that I'm a die-hard Seattle Seahawks fan.

(I have an entirely different reason for wanting to forget Week 1 of the 2008 NFL season. :puke: )

Easy, Nancy.

I'm not even asking you to feel sorry for me, just telling you it's stupid to be happy a player is injured like that because of a stupid reason like that. I guess there's no point in arguing with you if you're just going to turn this into a vendetta on me (and supposedly Boston) because I might have offended you 9 months ago(which I'm not even going to discuss because it has nothing to do with this). You're acting in exactly the same way you say I did. If you want to form opinions of millions of people based on how I might have pissed you off you, go ahead. Feel however you want, just know I never asked for your sympathy and there is nothing to suck up. Just the extremes you go to (just going to find that) to try to validate your opinion are ludicrous.

Congratulations, you have added absolutely nothing to this discussion. And by the way, I'm not even angry, just kind of astonished.

There is a definite distinction between being happy a player is not playing and being happy he was injured. I think Hedley is simply happy that Tom Brady won't be crammed down our throats all season long and by extension the Patriots won't be either. I join him in that happiness. I think I can speak for everyone outside "Patriots Nation" when I say that we've had our fill of #12 and his team. It sucks that it took a season ending injury to do it but it's still no great loss to the rest of us that The Patriots suddenly became just like any other team today. Besides, it's not like Brady was in some horrible car accident and everyone is jumping for joy over it. You took this whole thing the wrong way from the start.

BB52Big.jpg

*Rant Mode Engaged...

Okay, in light of the nature of some of the anti-Patriots posts on this thread, I think it's safe to say many of you mooks forfeit the right to claim that Patriots fans are the worst behaved. While most of the responses from the usual suspects are pretty much what I've come to expect, I still cannot wrap my head around the genuine ghoulish glee expressed by some of you in here over someone getting hurt. Really guys, grow up. <_<

While as a sports fan I'm not happy about this, in the long and short of it, my life isn't affected one way or another because of it and honestly neither are any of yours. I'm not going to receive less food, or get passed over for a raise, or lose my house over the success or failure of may favorite team. Nor is my team really going to do better or worse upon whether I yell at the TV or wear a certain jersey (although sometimes I like to delude myself otherwise). Win or lose I certainly don't take enjoyment of people getting hurt, even if they are wearing the wrong laundry, and to be honest I hope I never understand why some of you seem to.

Largely sports is are a source of distraction and entertainment from the everyday mundane in much the same way a movie, or a comic book, or an album might be. To read some your venom-filled responses, it seems people in here take pleasure upon hearing of someone's injury simply because they play for a team they don't like. I have a hard time understanding how empty someone's life must be to do that. Okay, we get it, some of you don't like the Patriots and by this injury taking place it means your team you root for might have better odds at success. In the end it's no more silly than getting worked up over character in a TV show or novel.

To say that this is just a game is an understatement. It would really be helpful if some people in here would remember that especially the next time someone who plays for their favorite team goes down in pain.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

it's wrong for all us fantasy owners. please have a heart. brady is a good QB, just hope he gets better

It sucks. Now don't get me wrong I LOVE my sports, and for the way I lost my championship last year (essentially on Portis' halfback TD pass to lose 43-42.) So this hurts, and of course I ended up giving up Gore in a trade to trim the roster, and to be at the 49ers-Cards game and see him run away for the touchdown and then hear about Brady, and Vince Young also uncertain, I can feel some of the pain that some fantasy owners are going through.

As for the Pats, it sucks, but they've been here before. So who knows. And I bet those who dislike Brady or the Pats for whatever reason are chuckling saying that's karma or whatever, but come on, I'd rather beat a healthy Pats team than a banged up one.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I find it entertaining that Bostonians on this board are telling people to be compasionate about Brady's injury and saying its disgusting to get enjoyment from sed injury. Is this not the same fan base that could not let the Bill Buckner incident go until the Sox won it all in '04? I mean come on, he was receiving death threats 15 years later.....

I find it entertaining that Bostonians on this board are telling people to be compasionate about Brady's injury and saying its disgusting to get enjoyment from sed injury. Is this not the same fan base that could not let the Bill Buckner incident go until the Sox won it all in '04? I mean come on, he was receiving death threats 15 years later.....

Game. Set. Match. :D

BB52Big.jpg

Which begs the question, if the Patriots do end up winning the Super Bowl with Cassel under center, does Brady lose his job a la Bledsoe?

Easy, short answer: No.

Lenghtier, more elaborate answer: Hell No.

6uXNWAo.png

Which begs the question, if the Patriots do end up winning the Super Bowl with Cassel under center, does Brady lose his job a la Bledsoe?

No... in that situation, Cassel is traded to the Chiefs. ^_^

I can't figure out why Randy Moss was so convinced that it was a dirty hit.

Keep in mind, Moss is an expert when it comes to dirty hits -- This is the same man who ran down a female traffic cop with his car.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived