Brady gone for the year

LuvTheNats

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this will prove something I have thought all along: Brady, while a good QB, is also a product of the system that he plays in and the players he is with. Kind of like Colt Brennan in college, or Tebow and a system that is catered specifically to him. The Patriots will still win 10 games and Cassel will do above average. At the end of this season it will be a lot clearer that the largest part of Brady's success is due to the circumstance rather than any superstar level of talent.

As for whether or not the hit on Brady by Chief safety Bernard Pollard was dirty, all Belichick would say was "we always taught our players to hit the quarterback above the knee and below the shoulders."

Okay, Bill...

That is almost the exact same play. Being blocked into the QB. I don't think Pollard did it intentionally, and there is no doubt neither did Wilfork. They were both unfortunate outcomes, hits that became kind of cheap because they were below the leg. If you fine and penalize Wilfork, you have to do the same for Pollard. Personally I think they should both be penalties but not fines. You can't say that is a product of the team teachings. Would you think Herm Edwards teaches his players to hit below the knee? Bill Cowher?

I wouldn't go out saying Cassel will play above average. I think he will be average to below average, because that's what he is, but I think that it won't cost them 6 games.

As for whether or not the hit on Brady by Chief safety Bernard Pollard was dirty, all Belichick would say was "we always taught our players to hit the quarterback above the knee and below the shoulders."

Okay, Bill...

That is almost the exact same play. Being blocked into the QB. I don't think Pollard did it intentionally, and there is no doubt neither did Wilfork. They were both unfortunate outcomes, hits that became kind of cheap because they were below the leg. If you fine and penalize Wilfork, you have to do the same for Pollard. Personally I think they should both be penalties but not fines. You can't say that is a product of the team teachings. Would you think Herm Edwards teaches his players to hit below the knee? Bill Cowher?

I wouldn't go out saying Cassel will play above average. I think he will be average to below average, because that's what he is, but I think that it won't cost them 6 games.

The league found Wilfork's hit to be dirty and he was subsequently penalized $12,500 for it. Believe me, if the NFL had any reason to believe the hit on Brady was dirty they would have done all they could to make sure Pollard was penalized for injuring their poster boy.

"I must be butter, because I'm on a roll."

Turn Two Design // Facebook

Okay, Bill...

The league found Wilfork's hit to be dirty and he was subsequently penalized $12,500 for it. Believe me, if the NFL had any reason to believe the hit on Brady was dirty they would have done all they could to make sure Pollard was penalized for injuring their poster boy.

But my question is how is it different? It was almost the exact same situation. I think you have to be consistent on what is "dirty" and what is not. I don't think either was dirty and it doesn't matter now because the real damage was done but the point remains. However, we all know the NFL is the NFL.

Okay, Bill...

I'm surprised he hasn't been fined yet. I figured he'd be losing 3 game checks at the least for knocking Brady out for a year.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

But my question is how is it different? It was almost the exact same situation. I think you have to be consistent on what is "dirty" and what is not. I don't think either was dirty and it doesn't matter now because the real damage was done but the point remains. However, we all know the NFL is the NFL.

It's one of those gray areas we could go on and on about all day.

I think the NFL's thinking here was that the hit on Losman occurred well after the play, while the hit on Brady was just as he released.

"I must be butter, because I'm on a roll."

Turn Two Design // Facebook

I think his point is that Belichick was implying that the hit wasn't entirely clean by insisting that he tells his players to avoid the QB's knees (as if other coaches don't).

I understand that he was speaking from emotion, and because of that he gets a pass, but it was a fairly classless thing for Belichick to say.

I think his point is that Belichick was implying that the hit wasn't entirely clean by insisting that he tells his players to avoid the QB's knees (as if other coaches don't).

I understand that he was speaking from emotion, and because of that he gets a pass, but it was a fairly classless thing for Belichick to say.

Which is strange. I've always found Belicheck to be a very classy man.

Okay, Bill...

I'm surprised he hasn't been fined yet. I figured he'd be losing 3 game checks at the least for knocking Brady out for a year.

He won't be. NFL ruled the hit legal on Monday.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

There's a report out there that says Brady tore his ACL and MCL.

Ouch.

Ouch indeed. That's nine months down the drain for rehab.... I wonder. Is he the offense version of Shawn Merriman? You know, the whole torn two tendons and all.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Tom Brady is the most overrated player in the NFL.

:blink::blink:

Seriously, dude. Mark my words. Cassel will lead the Pats to the playoffs.

As much as I loathe Brady, that isn't a real good argument about Brady being overrated....Especially when you will probably see the Patriots drop 5 or 6 games en route to making the playoffs.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I think it's a fantastic argument for my opinion that Brady's success is the product of a system. Last time I checked, eleven wins was a pretty good year.

I'm not saying he's a bad player (because he's not), I'm just saying that he's not as good as everybody claims he is. I honestly think there are several other quarterbacks in the NFL right now who are better than Brady.

You're more than welcome to laugh at my opinions, but I figured I'd lay my two cents on the table.

Sigs are for sissies.

I think it's a fantastic argument for my opinion that Brady's success is the product of a system. Last time I checked, eleven wins was a pretty good year.

I'm not saying he's a bad player (because he's not), I'm just saying that he's not as good as everybody claims he is. I honestly think there are several other quarterbacks in the NFL right now who are better than Brady.

You're more than welcome to laugh at my opinions, but I figured I'd lay my two cents on the table.

You're right. It would be a good year. Assuming you weren't 16-0 and 35 seconds away from a Championship the year before. With effectively the same cast (minus the QB). Placed in that light, Brady indeed looks very good.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived