NY Dragons to unveil new logo

reppact

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing as how the new ownership is bringing aboard a token Jet and a token Giant, and there's been previous talk of "an identity and colors more identifiable with New York," I'm expecting a color scheme of red, white, blue, and green. I really hope I'm wrong.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I have been thinking Black, Green, and Orange. I don't know how thats identifiable with NY, but maybe the Orange would tie in with the Mets and Knicks? IIRC their website shows Black and Green prominently.

It is up on their website now. Black, Green, Silver.

Picture1-4.png

Sigh. Nowhere near as good as what they've had the past eight seasons. This just feels so generic, and the dragon looks downright unfinished - feels like something out of an unlicensed 16-bit football video game. Maybe the uniforms and the rest of the logo package will be better.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

There is a completely different yet related helmet logo.

Blah, they have gone with ANOTHER black helmet/facemask with a green "NY" outlined in grey. So disappointing. I was thinking of Dragon wings. Similar to what the Eagles or Albany Firebirds had.

Alouettes_roadsign.pngBlueJays_roadsign.pngExpos_roadsign.png

It is up on their website now. Black, Green, Silver.

Picture1-4.png

I like it... funny to copy the Jets colors, but maybe it is a way to grab the Long Island Jet fans now that they left the Island for New Jersey.

Overall though when you compare it to the monstrosities we have seen lately (ie: Thunder) it looks nice.

Archived