MLB Changes for 2009

dbackdiehard17

We know that the Cubs are ditching their road cap.

It's probably a little early for this topic - maybe try again after the WS is completed.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

One of my pals with the Blue Jays told me he thinks the team will be going to button-up retro jersey for Fridays; he also heard powder blue caps might also be used with the retro set.

He has always told me correct information in the past (with minor details incorrect), I don't think I'd be happy but not at all surprised if the Jays went with powder blue caps on Fridays.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

One of my pals with the Blue Jays told me he thinks the team will be going to button-up retro jersey for Fridays; he also heard powder blue caps might also be used with the retro set.

He has always told me correct information in the past (with minor details incorrect), I don't think I'd be happy but not at all surprised if the Jays went with powder blue caps on Fridays.

So the powder-blue caps wouldn't technically be throwbacks, right? They'd just be "retro inspired"?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I guess it's too much to hope that they'll be ditching the far overused black 'alternates'. It seems at though they wore these 'alternates' more than the whites and greys combined this year.

zzPEfBm.png

So the powder-blue caps wouldn't technically be throwbacks, right? They'd just be "retro inspired"?

If what he heard was true, then yes they would be "retro inspired".

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

I've heard slight rumblings that the Rays may get an alternate jersey next season, now word on color though.

Weren't they supposedly adding "Tampa Bay" to the away jerseys in place of "Rays"?

I've also heard that, but I don't mind Rays on the roadie. Either way, it'll still look good.

Well doesn't the addition or subtraction of a patch count as a uniform modification? For example, the Yankees certainly aren't changing anything, their change is just the removal of the final season and ASG patches (and possible addition of inaugural season patch.) Same applies to several of the others on your list. People are going to get excited for little reason.

Archived