Eye

Completed teams:

Anaheim Ducks

Atlanta Thrashers

St. Louis Blues

Florida Panthers

Ottawa Senators

Carolina Hurricanes

Black is still the primary color, but blue has become more emphasized. The old "paintbrush" numbers are brought back and a different jersey template is used. The alternate logo is the crest on the alternate jersey. Makes sense, right? Sure it does.

Home uniform:

TBLightningHome.png

Away uniform:

TBLightningAway.png

Home alternate uniform:

TBLightningHomeAlt.png

Cut down the size of those stripes and lose the paintbrush numbers and I think you've got a winner!

See now, I thought that the size of the stripes fit perfectly for this jersey. The name and numbers fit perfectly in position under the yoke and hem stripes. I went with the "paintbrush" numbers because those help, at least to me, convey a strong, violent image that Lightning is.

that is how tampa should do a third jersey not this BOLTS bull

Agreed, that "BOLTS" jersey is going to look like garbage.

Those jerseys are awesome! And I love the numbers going back to the old style.

That third is perfect.

Agreed on the numbers. The only question in my mind was whether or not to make the black or blue uniform the primary. I went with black, but now I am somewhat unsure that I made the right choice.

Wow, I love these jerseys. Every one of them looks really good. The only problem is the pants, but this is your best set so far in the series.

Ah, yes, the pants. Well, I basically want the pants in this uniform concept to be the same as their current ones. I tried to draw them as best as I could.

Stop complaining about the pants, they're the same they wear now and they are just fine !

Yes, I tried to make the pants in my concept the same as the ones the Lightning wear now. My point is that I want the Lightning to have the same pants in my concept as they do in real life. I tried to recreate them here, because omitting the pants and saying, "The Lightning's pants are the same as their current set," would be a cop out. B)

Im not really a hockey fan, but I must say those alternate jerseys are awesome

Thanks, bigmike. And your work on football jerseys and templates continues to improve. Keep at it.

I like you going back to the old number style...but you got the colors all wrong. White numbers for the dark jerseys, and blue number outlines on the whites.

You would think that, BigShoop, but compared to that black, the Lightning's blue is extremely dark. Having double outlined numbers would hurt the legibility of the font, so I went with a white outline on the numbers on the dark uniforms.

Those aren't the same pants they wear now. The bolt is different. If they were the same pants I wouldn't be complaining.

I want the Lightning to wear their current pants. I drew them here (badly? good? alright?) because omitting an article of the uniform as a whole is something that I feel would prevent a concept from being presented.

Thanks for the replies, y'all.

• 1 month later...
Completed teams:

Anaheim Ducks

Atlanta Thrashers

St. Louis Blues

Florida Panthers

Ottawa Senators

Carolina Hurricanes

Black is still the primary color, but blue has become more emphasized. The old "paintbrush" numbers are brought back and a different jersey template is used. The alternate logo is the crest on the alternate jersey. Makes sense, right? Sure it does.

Home uniform:

TBLightningHome.png

Away uniform:

TBLightningAway.png

Home alternate uniform:

TBLightningHomeAlt.png

I like it, you went to the old style numbers they used to use. I do agree the lightning bolt on the pants needs a little work.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

I don't like how the Home and Alternate have zero silver/gray (aside fro the logo) in them yet the Away does. Also, I think black numbers on navy jersey would be hard to see, even with a white outline, same goes for navy on black. Dark on dark usually doesn't work well when it comes to numbers and letters.

Archived