New Pepsi products logos in the works

buzzcut

pepsi_new_work.gif

Is it me or as the more sugar/caffeine is included the pepsi type, the "smile" (or the globe) gets bigger? Also the globe directed more horizontally (you compare them to check) the more caffeine included. I actually that's kinda lame but a clever idea though.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh dear...this has the potential to be an epic disaster.

Mtn Dew? Are we texting it?

their new marketing campaing will be:

U dont haf 2 b thrsty. Drnk mtn dew!

Anyone else feel like the world is heading in the direction of that movie "Idiocracy"?

Last I checked, no one on this earth has a last name of BMW, so at least we don't have to worry about that.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Oh dear...this has the potential to be an epic disaster.

Mtn Dew? Are we texting it?

their new marketing campaing will be:

U dont haf 2 b thrsty. Drnk mtn dew!

Anyone else feel like the world is heading in the direction of that movie "Idiocracy"?

Go away....Baitin'!!!!

Is it me or as the more sugar/caffeine is included the pepsi type, the "smile" (or the globe) gets bigger? Also the globe directed more horizontally (you compare them to check) the more caffeine included. I actually that's kinda lame but a clever idea though.

Nice catch. That is a little... unnerving.

More sugar, more caffeine, MORE HAPPY!!!!!!

Nothing says happiness like jittery diabetes.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I actually like the Mtn Dew logo posted. It has kind of a retro flair to it, if it weren't for the "textalk" I think it would be quite cool. The slanted "M" actually reminds me of Metro Station's logo, which I really like.

As for the pepsi logos, I like the type face actually. Still not really feeling the logo though.

And the Gatorade logo is horrendous, hopefully it turns out to be different.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

pepsi_bottles_large.jpg

Yea I don't like them, mtn dew just looks dumb.

Its funny coke did a great job and simplifying their label last year, and when pepsi does it I dunno it just doesn't work, even if it was the normal pepsi globe on those bottles I wouldnt like it, also I wish diet pepsi stayed with a light blue background.

Also I wonder how the rest will look, like pepsi one who currently uses black as the background color, along with wild cherry and etc,.

The Mtn Dew logo is killing me. Text talk aside, the actual logo bothers me very much. I don't like the switches from upper to lower case, I don't understand why the M and W are placed like they are when there is a much better way to set them up, and the worst part is how the M and W are the same shape obviously, just very different sizes. I took it upon myself to fix some things up. This took me less than 10 minutes to trace some parts and create others. It is very rough, but you get my ideas. Is this better looking? I think so. It would also tie into the Voltage drink very easily.

mtndew.png

"Mtn Dew Voltage"? Well, that is some confused imagery there.

"Mountain Dew" had been a brand that, true to the suggestions of its name, traded in imagery that was natural, outdoorsy, even rustic. Didn't they once run ads showing a group of kids swinging on a tire over the ol' swimmin' hole, and other such homespun scenes?

The word "voltage", a word carrying imagery of "energy" and "speed", would be a fitting complement to a name already possessing connotations of "power", such as "Gatorade". So, for instance, if the boys over at Pepsi were bringing out something called "Gatorade Voltage", then the connotations of these words would blend nicely -- and the metaphor of "athlete as finely tuned machine" would be lurking somewhere in the background, as a nice bonus.

But appending "voltage" to "Mountain Dew" creates a conceptual farrago. The best sense that the flailing brain can make out of this mess of colliding imagery ("rustic, countryside" meeting up with "electric, energetic") may be something like: the arrival in Mayberry of the first telegraph pole.

A very disappointing turn for my favourite soda. And I drink Mountain Dew a lot, so I am going to have to look quite often at that new "Mtn Dew" wordmark. (I have the urge to pronounce "mountain" without the vowels, in the manner of Michael Palin as the newsreader in the "Michael Ellis" sketch, saying "-nd of announcement".)

Mountain Dew Voltage has been out for a while now, though.

pepsi_bottles_large.jpg

Yea I don't like them, mtn dew just looks dumb.

Its funny coke did a great job and simplifying their label last year, and when pepsi does it I dunno it just doesn't work, even if it was the normal pepsi globe on those bottles I wouldnt like it, also I wish diet pepsi stayed with a light blue background.

Also I wonder how the rest will look, like pepsi one who currently uses black as the background color, along with wild cherry and etc,.

The three Pepsi drinks pull off the change surprisingly well.

Mtn Dew is a fail of epic proportions. (Or at least it's not good.)

I believe in the original release announcing the changes, the "smile" would change between the different brands.

I will say the globe by itself looks pretty dumb, but the total package pulls it off rather well.

For some reason, the "MTN DEW" doesn't rub me the wrong way as it does others.

kU6ns.gif

The only one that works slightly better for me is the Pepsi Max, all the others are plain crap. The Mtn DeW label reminds me of cheap, tasteless green tea likely from China.

Oh, and here are the Pepsi cans. The fail just as miserably, if not more...

2vwix7a.jpg

Wade-sig.png

I actually like the theme with the Pepsi bottles themselves. The varied logos on caffeine is pretty cool; it's an IDENTITY, at the very least.

But the Mtn Dew logo just stinks. And I fear what that Gatorade logo will turn into.

Would you like a nice cold GTRade?

The only one that works slightly better for me is the Pepsi Max, all the others are plain crap. The Mtn DeW label reminds me of cheap, tasteless green tea likely from China.

Oh, and here are the Pepsi cans. The fail just as miserably, if not more...

2vwix7a.jpg

Sierra Mist looks like a bad project from one of my design classes.

Not bad...unfinished.

Archived