SEC Football Official that needs to be fired immediately

jamdawg1

Anyone see this during the LSU-South Carolina Game? Looked intentional to me.

This pinhead needs to be fired and blacklisted IMO.

LSU's defensive lineman was there on the play, but the ref took away at least two more yards. I've seen that happen before, but you're right that he should at least get fined for doing that even if it was unintentional.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I think it was without a doubt intentional by the referee. I umpired Middle School and JV Football for almost 4 years and would have never took the steps nor the shoulder toss as he did. I am also not biased that this happened towards my school...we scored on the drive anyways.

The umpire BLATANTLY read the QB's run like a linebacker...and then stepped into the player by throwing his shoulder for the collision. Of course the QB is going to go down...any QB would have...who expects the referee to take a shot at them? This must be brought to national attention and some sort of discipline should and, I believe, will be handed down.

The referee could have stayed in his position (my choice) or he could have put his arms out and leaned backwards in an attempt to miss the player. Instead, he put himself 2 yards ahead of any defender and took the shot. Something isn't right with it. I don't know WHY he would do something like it...but I honestly believe it was intentional and the video is almost indisputable evidence.

Watch THIS angle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqfOCB21qwA...feature=related

I'm surprised that the NFL Officials who worked Super Bowl XL didn't try that stunt on Seattle. They sure came up with almot every other convcievable way to screw the Seahawks over and hand the game to Pittsburgh.

Oh, come on.... two and a half years later? Really?

Some things never go away, no matter how much we all wish they would.

Besides, conspiracy theories are actually less compelling and less likely to remain when there's the single slightest shred of evidence to support them. So nonsense such as that lingers.

This looks rather obvious, to me, that he, A. squares up to the QB and B. throws his shoulder towards him to levy a hit. And some who say they've officiated before, and that you can either get pummeled or take him out, during a play, officials are considered part of the field. Same with umps in baseball. Just cuz YOU don't wanna get knocked down doesn't give you the right to interfere with a play. This guy had time to get out. He chose to stay and play linebacker. Every angle of the video shows intention and not accidental. I know it didn't effect the game necessarily, but he should still get some kind of reprimand.

Every angle of the video shows intention and not accidental. I know it didn't effect the game necessarily, but he should still get some kind of reprimand.

You honestly think the official intended on making the tackle? It's an accident, and for all parties involved, it didn't affect the game. And for those that do that sort of thing....it didn't alter the outcome of the game in terms of covering the spread.

Think about it....you think the official actually thought to himself, "I'm gonna tackle this guy, despite him being bigger than me and wearing full padding!"?

He might get a call from the good folks in Atlanta (or Birmingham, wherever the offices are), but he shouldn't be suspended, fined, or fired. SEC officials, more often than not, tend to have their acts together.

I think it was without a doubt intentional by the referee. I umpired Middle School and JV Football for almost 4 years and would have never took the steps nor the shoulder toss as he did. I am also not biased that this happened towards my school...we scored on the drive anyways.

The umpire BLATANTLY read the QB's run like a linebacker...and then stepped into the player by throwing his shoulder for the collision. Of course the QB is going to go down...any QB would have...who expects the referee to take a shot at them? This must be brought to national attention and some sort of discipline should and, I believe, will be handed down.

The referee could have stayed in his position (my choice) or he could have put his arms out and leaned backwards in an attempt to miss the player. Instead, he put himself 2 yards ahead of any defender and took the shot. Something isn't right with it. I don't know WHY he would do something like it...but I honestly believe it was intentional and the video is almost indisputable evidence.

Watch THIS angle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqfOCB21qwA...feature=related

From that angle, not only does it look like he's squaring up the QB, but it also looks like he leaned into the QB with no effort made to get out of the way.

VmWIn6B.png

Every angle of the video shows intention and not accidental. I know it didn't effect the game necessarily, but he should still get some kind of reprimand.

You honestly think the official intended on making the tackle? It's an accident, and for all parties involved, it didn't affect the game. And for those that do that sort of thing....it didn't alter the outcome of the game in terms of covering the spread

People keep stating that point in defense of what happened...um, THAT DOESN'T MATTER. Just because it didn't affect the outcome of the game, that means it should be brushed aside?

What if you owned a small electronics store and I work for you. During the Christmas holidays, you have a HUGE weekend but looking at the security tape notice that I stole $1,000 from the cash register one night. Now...since you made the best profits you have ever made...are you just going to brush it off like it never happened or is someone going to get wrote up/fired/etc?

The matter at hand is that something looks VERY suspicious in the video and whether he tripped or made a bad error of judgment...many questions need to be asked and if something is fishy, a fine or suspension needs to take place. I have no clue why a referee would jeopardize his career like that but there is nothing wrong with an investigation to get the facts. For one, why wasn't he stationary? Referees are taught to remain still as possible when a play is near so they can get the best view and not let shaking eyesight and jerking affect their judgment.

You honestly think the official intended on making the tackle? It's an accident, and for all parties involved, it didn't affect the game. And for those that do that sort of thing....it didn't alter the outcome of the game in terms of covering the spread

People keep stating that point in defense of what happened...um, THAT DOESN'T MATTER. Just because it didn't affect the outcome of the game, that means it should be brushed aside?

What if you owned a small electronics store and I work for you. During the Christmas holidays, you have a HUGE weekend but looking at the security tape notice that I stole $1,000 from the cash register one night. Now...since you made the best profits you have ever made...are you just going to brush it off like it never happened or is someone going to get wrote up/fired/etc?

The matter at hand is that something looks VERY suspicious in the video and whether he tripped or made a bad error of judgment...many questions need to be asked and if something is fishy, a fine or suspension needs to take place. I have no clue why a referee would jeopardize his career like that but there is nothing wrong with an investigation to get the facts. For one, why wasn't he stationary? Referees are taught to remain still as possible when a play is near so they can get the best view and not let shaking eyesight and jerking affect their judgment.

Plus if you look at the last video posted, there's no one around him. He sees the QB coming and actually appears to hunker down and start moving to his right, putting him in the QB's path. And then leans in with the shoulder as he comes. Every bit of video evidences seems to support that it was intentional, and I see absolutely no evidence that shows this as being incidental contact. None what so ever.

I've been thinking all season the officiating in College and the NFL has seemed to be pretty bad this year, but this just takes the cake.

Plus if you look at the last video posted, there's no one around him. He sees the QB coming and actually appears to hunker down and start moving to his right, putting him in the QB's path. And then leans in with the shoulder as he comes. Every bit of video evidences seems to support that it was intentional, and I see absolutely no evidence that shows this as being incidental contact. None what so ever.

I've been thinking all season the officiating in College and the NFL has seemed to be pretty bad this year, but this just takes the cake.

I agree with yall. That was intentionally from both angles. If the ref was trying to avoid SC QB, he would've moved to the left or back, not to the right and forward in the direction the player was coming in. And with that forward shoulder, ( :D ), CASE CLOSED!

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

I just saw the video, and I'm in agreement with ColaCock, et. al. That hit was intentional evidenced by the umpire stepping toward the QB and lowering the shoulder. I understand that officials are accidentally part of the play, but they should never insert themselves in the play.

Apparently, the official will be cleared.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Um, even Steve Spurrier agrees with me.

"He was trying to get out of the way," Spurrier said of Hackett, according to The State in Columbia, S.C. "Stephen sort of cut back right into him. Sometimes that will happen."

When contacted by ESPN's Joe Schad, the Southeastern Conference office said after reviewing the play, it believes the umpire was in appropriate position. A spokesman said the umpire raised his arm to defend himself after a change of direction by the runner.

Purely unintentional

CASE CLOSED.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Well I disagree with Spurrier (or he's just saying that to "sweep it under the rug"). If the QB would have gone unimpeded, he would have passed on the umpire's right side. If he was trying to get out of the way, would he not step back with his right foot and twist in a clockwise motion allowing himself to dodge the QB's cut upfield and still maintain sight of the play? Instead, according to the video, he steps forward and throws his shoulder/forearm at the QB knocking him off balance.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Well I disagree with Spurrier (or he's just saying that to "sweep it under the rug"). If the QB would have gone unimpeded, he would have passed on the umpire's right side. If he was trying to get out of the way, would he not step back with his right foot and twist in a clockwise motion allowing himself to dodge the QB's cut upfield and still maintain sight of the play? Instead, according to the video, he steps forward and throws his shoulder/forearm at the QB knocking him off balance.

Spurrier isn't one to jerk us around when he says something....he's one of the more blunt, honest coaches in college football. It's an accident and wasn't intentional, and Spurrier knew this. And it didn't cost his team points or the game (if anything, it made LSU's defense stay on the field another minute or so), so it's essentially "No harm, no foul".

Also.....just how athletic do you think this official is? He's not exactly in Ed Hochuli-shape......

This guy needs to be fined, fired or something needs to be done, I dont know how anyone can say that was unintenional, He lowered his shoulder and was eyeing the QB the whole time, If I was Garcia I would have pulled a Adam Sandler and throw th ball right at his balls (Longest yard), or picked a draw play and knock the crap out of him, I understand refs or in dangerous positions and thhey dont wanna get hurt, but that was a unfair hit, he needed to just get out of the way!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

There's no way watching from this angle I will ever believe anything other than he did it on purpose. He tracked him to his right, squared up, planted his feet and laid a shoulder into him.

There's zero effort to turn sideways to make himself a narrower target, no "elbows in, hands up" movements at all to avoid contact, nothing done to avoid contact in any way. It looks for all the world he initiated the contact and laid the runner flat. I can't believe he was cleared with that video in existence.

Crazy. Just when you think you've seen it all.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

He looks like he was just protecting himself. They way he uses his arms looks like he is just trying to embrace the blow and somehow the player ended up on his ass.

When you are crossing the street and a car comes speeding by...your reaction is to throw your arms out and backwards...correct? Or do you just suck it up and force yourself into the blow?

That is a bit exaggerated but it just doesn't physiologically make sense. If he would have REMAINED stationary, which is what umpires and referees are taught to do, then he would have never been in the path of Garcia. What makes me believe this is unintentional is:

1. He shuffled towards the ball.

2. His head was fixed on Garcia, shown many times on ESPN.

3. He lead all defenders on the outside...wtf?

4. He pushed off his back foot to increase his rate of force.

5. He balled up his shoulder instead of throwing his arms out to miss the collision.

Last but not least, he didn't go down! Instead, he just had this "what bitch!" look on his face like he enjoyed it. Most referees immediately go down after a collision.

Spurrier is saying what he said to avoid conflict and because you can be fined for making comments about the referees. He isn't the Spurrier of old where he spats off at the mouth. How anyone can honestly look at the video and say it wasn't intentional is beyond me. I can't think of a logical explanation of WHY he would want to do it? They are saying he was a Kentucky football alum and they haven't beat us in a decade...so I dunno lol. I don't buy that but the most likely is he got caught up in the game, forgot what he was doing (old age), and figured he would lay the wood to Garcia.

It wasn't intentional, that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. An impartial official doesn't care who wins, they care about calling a correct game. He did hit him, but his thought process wasn't "I'm going to tackle this guy and dick over South Carolina". He's a former football player who got caught in the play and his instincts took over. I would call it totally intentional if he ran into the backfield and sacked the quarterback like that bud light commercial and if that were the case then they would replay the down. In this instance he was just poorly positioned and his body took over.

I can recall Eddie George breaking into daylight against Purdue and then tripping over himself as he and the downfield official danced to get out of each other's way. This is the same thing.

PvO6ZWJ.png

It couldn't have been intentional. There is no way it could have been. How do you think he would get away with it. It would have been too blatant. Honestly, are we all that scarred by Tim Donaghy now? Are all officials "on-the-take" or looking out for their rooting interests? Mistakes happen. Bad judgments happens. We are all human and prone to them.

Now, could he have done a better job in staying out of the way? Certainly.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

Archived