Ryan Leaf on leave of absence from W.TexasA&M

Sguse1

Who will be the better QB? Peyton Manning or Ryan Leaf?

God, remember those days?

Yes...and I was on the Ryan Leaf wagon.

I should never admit that publicly, but there it is...

I was a Leaf guy as well, but seriously, he has probably lost this job and potentially any job in college or even high school. Asking a player for pills is probably worse than giving an underage student alcohol or acting like former Iowa State hoops coach Larry Eustachy with his pics at student parties. Look at former Fresno State women's hoops coach Stacy Johnson-Klein and the reason why she was fired, same thing. Granted, she later won a sexual discrimination lawsuit against Fresno State, she asked for and took player's medication.

Just a sidenote, if Leaf didn't suck so bad, the Chargers wouldn't have had the top draft pick in 2001 where they drafted some guy by the name of LaDanian Tomlinson. So maybe Ryan left them a gift after all.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

If he had gone into a different system, carried a clipboard for a couple years instead of being expected to carry an offense immediately (a pretty lousy offense, remember), he might have had a decent career. Think of the Brett Favre Quarterback School.

Leaf made plenty of mistakes on his own, though. He chose his path.

Just a sidenote, if Leaf didn't suck so bad, the Chargers wouldn't have had the top draft pick in 2001 where they drafted some guy by the name of LaDanian Tomlinson. So maybe Ryan left them a gift after all.

They traded the first pick to the Falcons for the 5th (LT) and Tim Dwight.

Atlanta's pick: Mike Vick. Who won that deal?

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

They traded the first pick to the Falcons for the 5th (LT) and Tim Dwight.

Atlanta's pick: Mike Vick. Who won that deal?

Honestly, before Vick decided to :censored: it all up for himself, I gave the Falcons the edge simply because Vick led his team to something that LT couldn't: A playoff win.

But I guess that all changed last year, huh. :P

Jokes aside I feel sorry for Leaf. He doesnt deserve to be the national joke he is. I find myself cheering for him.

Agreed completely. It's tough not to feel a great deal of pity for the guy, and hope that he can pull through whatever issues he has. Most on this board (and in life in general) are fortunate to be pretty "normal" (it's a terrible word, but I can't think of a better one), and it's extremely easy to poke fun of someone whose issues one can't really comprehend. I too will cheer for Ryan (of course, I have no idea what prompted this LOA - so I do reserve the right to repeal my cheers.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived