KSU in all purple

huskeraddict

Does anyone else know how much coke was being used by the person who thought the TV numbers on the sleeves actually looked better than the stripes?

216270328.jpg

Also, I came across this in a google image search and just had to post it:

ksu.outofgas1.jpg

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

ksu.outofgas1.jpg

Sadly, I remember those supposed throwback jerseys. The fact that K-State couldn't pitch in some extra dough for matching shorts made the set even more brutal.

If K-State was doing a throwback then the shorts really were supposed to be dark purple and the jerseys light purple. K-State wore that color combo for years (at least through the 1970s and early 1980s). Granted they went "cheap" by using their regular Nike template from that season instead of doing a true throwback uniform design.

Here's an SI cover of Rolando Blackman from 1982:

0323_large.jpg

Well order is going to be restored by the new coach as in "old new coach"

Bill Snyder is back!

Posted on Sun, Nov. 23, 2008

Bill Snyder to coach K-State football again

By JEFFREY MARTIN

The Kansas City Star

Bill Snyder, architect of the ?Miracle in Manhattan,? will be introduced Monday as the football coach at Kansas State again, sources confirmed tonight.

Snyder is already the program?s most successful coach, winning 135 games in 17 seasons. The stadium bears Snyder?s name.

Snyder, 69, retired in November 2005, telling members of the media, his family and friends, ?To me, this is the right time.? He said during a news conference he felt he was leaving the program on solid ground.

To succeed Snyder, K-State hired Ron Prince, who was fired in the middle of his third season and finished with a 17-20 record.

A source indicated Snyder would be given a five-year contract worth $1.8 million per season.

A news conference is scheduled for 10 a.m.

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Archived