NBA Redesign **Series complete**

elliott

Concept 26: Nets

I tried to incorporate the netting theme they subtly use on the side panels a little more prominently, it's just sublimated. It might be sublimated a little less obviously in the real thing, I'm just trying to show it for yall. Not much else to say, it's a pretty simple side paneling scheme.

NetsConcept3.gif

Comments are appreciated.

Next...Knicks

I love the sublimated net pattern, although I think it should be more of an all over look, more than just the three stripes. You might have meant that, and maybe it just didn't show through. Personally, I think the logo is a little too big on the back of the neck. Other than that I would like to see you do something more with the side panels. This could be the best Nets concept I've ever seen.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hate the V-neck. Out of date. Please do it again.

Ok, buddy, I need to get some things straight. First of all, what is up with you obsession with "v-necks"? You sound like a broken freakin record. At least four times on this thread alone you have expressed your "hate" for v-necks. What is the deal? Can you think of nothing else constructive to say? Do you realize that almost every collar in the NBA is a vneck as you call it? Do you want me to give every single team the same collar? I am surprised that you have the nerve to tell me to redo a whole f'in design because of your personal vendetta against v necks. And they don't look out of date! Are you kidding? The Lakers, Raptors, Heat, and Pistons all use the same collar I used here. Not to mention the Jazz and Rockets who use a different collar but I guess they would still be vneck. Open your eyes. If modern teams like the Rockets and Jazz use a collar it isn't out of date. Secondly you have posted numerous times in this thread but not one of your comments has been helpful. I have pointed this out before, too, but you don't listen. Therefore I really don't want you posting in this thread anymore if you can't help me out. I hope you listen to me here, for once. Thirdly you need to work on your general word choice. Telling someone you hate something does no good; hate is a strong word and doesn't belong in a place where "constructive criticism" is appreciated. You have been a member here for a while but you still act like a total newb. Sorry for the long finger-wagging post guys, but this guy is pissing me the :censored: off.

For those of you that actually posted helpful stuff, thanks, I will try to update this tomorrow.

The sublimated diamonds are genius, man, but the guy who hates that particular collar style, dumb as he may be, kinda has a point. That really is the worst kind. Wishbone, I think he meant to say?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The sublimated net pattern isn't a bad idea at all, but I think the pattern looks classier inside the side panels. As for ways to improve on your idea, I would extend the pattern all the way to the edges of the side panels, change the V-Neck to a design that matches the side panels, and like bohob said make the logo on the back smaller.

He said the same thing on my thread.

A new era has been started. Please remove the V-Neck and put it into regular white and put it with a school logo insted like what happened to Ohio State Buckeyes.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Update:

Basically I changed most everything. I was inspired by this jersey.

KSNT86R20_W.jpg

The sublimated pattern is still there. It's much more discreet. I simplified the side panels, then add some curve to them. It's pretty out there. I can understand if you don't like it. But I just thought it was sorta creative.

NetsConcept4.gif

Comments still welcome.

I like where this is going, but now I think the pattern is too discreet. I think it would look sweet if you kept the side panel design you have now but put the net pattern on the side panel (either sublimated or not sublimated).

Honestly, I prefer your first attempt. Also, I'm not really feeling the crew neck, maybe try a neckline more like the Rockets or Jazz, so the point in the center somewhat mirrors the netting pattern. These are a little on the plain side.

I love this. Big improvement, if you ask me. It's clean and simple, and I like the overall idea.

Now, onto the C&C itself. Primarily the second c (cuggestions!). I'm not a big fan of the collar. In fact, I'd probably even go with a System of Dress-style collar- just a v-neck with no contrasting color. I think that would fit in well with the overall cleanliness of the concept. Same with the armhole trim; I'd keep both the same color as the main jersey, like on the NY Nets ones you showed above (Dr. J era). I'm not such a fan of all the gray on the roadies; it looks a little dreary, which I guess kind of fits New Jersey, but...I'd put some white in there, especially on the numbers.

Still, all in all a really creative and unique concept that works well overall IMO. Nice job.

scotland_fifasig.png

i think on that jersey, the second one, a coller like the nuggets have which is the "v neck" but has something there, like the "D" or "N" would look good on this one. kinda like the one you used for your bucks concept. also the arm hole that is the same color as the jersey dosnt look right, i know what you were thinking but i think if you kept that hole the same as the other one you would be in great shape

Update:

Basically I changed most everything. I was inspired by this jersey.

KSNT86R20_W.jpg

The sublimated pattern is still there. It's much more discreet. I simplified the side panels, then add some curve to them. It's pretty out there. I can understand if you don't like it. But I just thought it was sorta creative.

NetsConcept4.gif

Comments still welcome.

Now this was good.

Hate the V-neck. Out of date. Please do it again.

Ok, buddy, I need to get some things straight. First of all, what is up with you obsession with "v-necks"? You sound like a broken freakin record. At least four times on this thread alone you have expressed your "hate" for v-necks. What is the deal? Can you think of nothing else constructive to say? Do you realize that almost every collar in the NBA is a vneck as you call it? Do you want me to give every single team the same collar? I am surprised that you have the nerve to tell me to redo a whole f'in design because of your personal vendetta against v necks. And they don't look out of date! Are you kidding? The Lakers, Raptors, Heat, and Pistons all use the same collar I used here. Not to mention the Jazz and Rockets who use a different collar but I guess they would still be vneck. Open your eyes. If modern teams like the Rockets and Jazz use a collar it isn't out of date. Secondly you have posted numerous times in this thread but not one of your comments has been helpful. I have pointed this out before, too, but you don't listen. Therefore I really don't want you posting in this thread anymore if you can't help me out. I hope you listen to me here, for once. Thirdly you need to work on your general word choice. Telling someone you hate something does no good; hate is a strong word and doesn't belong in a place where "constructive criticism" is appreciated. You have been a member here for a while but you still act like a total newb. Sorry for the long finger-wagging post guys, but this guy is pissing me the :censored: off.

For those of you that actually posted helpful stuff, thanks, I will try to update this tomorrow.

Let me tell you. I really hate those kind of v-necks (you know the Heat and Pistons thingy). That's just my opinion and please respect it. I just had some kind of wrong grammar. But alright, I respect your decision. You made that concept.

Well, if you were offended from my comment, then Sorry. I respect you and everyone else here.

Let me tell you. I really hate those kind of v-necks (you know the Heat and Pistons thingy). That's just my opinion and please respect it. I just had some kind of wrong grammar. But alright, I respect your decision. You made that concept.

Well, if you were offended from my comment, then Sorry. I respect you and everyone else here.

Whatever, I understand that you don't like v-necks. But, what you have to understand is: you have to put certain prejudices aside, and give me help on the actual concept. Most of your comments consist of " I hate the v-neck" or something to that effect. But what I want is constructive criticism. You dig?

No logos concepts anymore? :cry:

What?

No logos concepts anymore? :cry:

What?

For the first few teams, you gave them a new logo, but not anymore.

I've rarely done new logos, I've recolored a few, but I haven't redesigned any logos except the Clippers, I think.

Concept 27: Knicks

Ok, I tried to simplify. I got rid of black. The striping design is completely new but still relatively conservative. Wordmark is the same. I used the circle logo, I feel that it is much easier to put on the jersey than the crest logo. I put a small stripe of color along the arm and neck endings. I guess the major thing is getting rid of black. I think it makes it look cleaner. But I know you don't care about what I think...So, comments are welcome. Thanks.

KnicksConcept3.gif

Next will be the Kings.

Archived