Buffalo Bills Logo Concept

shiznit1083

Gentlemen, here is my logo concept for the Buffalo Bills. A few notes:

- The bolt on the back is a reflection of the city flag of Buffalo. I wanted to incorporate some element of it and I thought the bolt would work best.

- I tried emphasizing red in the wordmark and removed the light blue and silver from the scheme all together.

- I tried for a simpler look and word mark to mimic the style many of the new logo and word marks.

Without further ado:

EDIT No. 3:

billsedit3.jpg

There's definitely something wrong with the placement of the front legs. The back half looks good, though lol

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I think it needs to look meaner... as a Bills fan, the last thing anyone wants to see as a replacement is a logo that is "Cute". I think it might just be the eyes/eyebrows, and as mentioned earlier the front legs... I think the chest is fine though - Good and broad!!!

canada.png

bills.jpg

This is a good start. A couple of thoughts:

He definitely needs to look meaner. Right now, he looks a bit too cartoony. Maybe consider lowering the head (and thus the horns) slightly, angry-fying the eyebrows, and giving the mouth a slight down curve at the end so he's not appearing to smile.

As far as the legs go, the back two and the front right (Buffalo's right) legs all seem to be spot on. But right now, the front left leg is layered behind the chest, so he seems to have two legs on his right side. We should see his left leg in front of his chest, perhaps slightly turned toward us so that the hoof is "pointing" at the viewer. I think this would make it look like he is planting his foot as he's running.

All in all, it's a very good start.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

This is a good start. A couple of thoughts:

He definitely needs to look meaner. Right now, he looks a bit too cartoony. Maybe consider lowering the head (and thus the horns) slightly, angry-fying the eyebrows, and giving the mouth a slight down curve at the end so he's not appearing to smile.

All in all, it's a very good start.

I came in to say the exact opposite. In an era where every logo looks like he's 'roiding, it's refreshing to see one that is a bit more whimsical. Looking back through history there is plenty of precidence for non-intimidating logos. That's proabbaly my favorite part of the design.

Good work!

The colors and the fact it is a horned animal makes this a little too close to the Texans for my liking. The logos themselves are well rendered, but is too cutesy. It would be a logo used on childrens apparel. Not a fan of including a lightning bolt, but at least it is different than most concepts. The font looks good. The secondary is a miss.

Just one man's opinion, though.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I'm not going to re-type the minor things that everyone says could use a little touching up.

I do think including the bolt because of it being on the city flag is brilliant!

I'm worried that the colors scream Texans, and i've always been a fan on moving away from the royal blue, maybe using a lighter shade of red?

I can't wait to see what the touch-ups look like. Great idea!

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

You pissed him off good! lol.

Seriously though, this looks alot meaner, and although i've said before that I'm really a fan of using royal blue, it actually looks pretty good. Alot less like Houston, that's for sure.

Adding the red to his eye helped out alot too.

Good work, though I would like to see if you could work in the mouth again, I really liked that element.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived