Golden State Warriors Retro

fishheatcats

After watching the thrilling late night(in Miami anyway) Heat-Warriors game a few days ago I was reminded of how much I dislike the Warriors' look. It's well done, it all fits together nice, but it just doesn't work for me. In light of the overall positive response people have had to the "The City" SF Warriors throwbacks, I based this off of those. The logo is fairly simple, a modernization of the old one, and with a new color scheme. I originally wanted to return the team to a Native American theme, and that's where the colors came from, but that didn't work, and then I tried the Roman/gladiator look, and that looked too much like USC, so I ended up with the pure throwback inspired set. The two primary jerseys are pretty straight forward, and the alternate is a modernization of the classic version. The only thing that didn't translate at all was the trolly on the back. The logo front is still kind of iffy, but the trolly was just too much. I did however keep the slanted numbers and name underneath. Now that I look at it, the striping seems like it may fit better with the Blazers or Heat, but I think it works. C&C appreciated as usual.

gswarriorslv3.gif

UPDATE: Colors and numbers changed, trolley alternate logo added

gswarriors2cm5.gif

You guys hit it right on the money about the color switch. It looks much better now, I think it even makes the wordmarks work better. I also used more traditional numbers and added the trolley logo on the back. Also I did try the over/under the number look on the road wordmark, but I couldn't get that to look decent at all.

So, after watching the Heat-Warriors game, you were inspired to make the Warriors look like the Heat? Sorry, but the colors resemble Miami way too much. Make them either their current navy and gold or the old royal and gold. Other than that, the wordmarks and numerals are the only other thing lacking. They look a little too "cheap", I guess to say. Not that their terrible, but they just don't fit. And the numbers look to mashed together. Maybe just some altering to this font and it'll be fine. Though I wouldn't use it for the players name on the back. Also, try seperating Golden State, with Golden above the numbers and State below it. Letters have to be too small to fit it together above the number. Great logo though. Just fix the colors and the wordmark and you've got an awesome look. The "essence" or appearance of the logo is very quite good. Just need to fix the details. Great job.

After watching the thrilling late night(in Miami anyway) Heat-Warriors game a few days ago I was reminded of how much I dislike the Warriors' look. It's well done, it all fits together nice, but it just doesn't work for me. In light of the overall positive response people have had to the "The City" SF Warriors throwbacks, I based this off of those. The logo is fairly simple, a modernization of the old one, and with a new color scheme. I originally wanted to return the team to a Native American theme, and that's where the colors came from, but that didn't work, and then I tried the Roman/gladiator look, and that looked too much like USC, so I ended up with the pure throwback inspired set. The two primary jerseys are pretty straight forward, and the alternate is a modernization of the classic version. The only thing that didn't translate at all was the trolly on the back. The logo front is still kind of iffy, but the trolly was just too much. I did however keep the slanted numbers and name underneath. Now that I look at it, the striping seems like it may fit better with the Blazers or Heat, but I think it works. C&C appreciated as usual.

gswarriorslv3.gif

UPDATE: Colors and numbers changed, trolley alternate logo added

gswarriors2cm5.gif

You guys hit it right on the money about the color switch. It looks much better now, I think it even makes the wordmarks work better. I also used more traditional numbers and added the trolley logo on the back. Also I did try the over/under the number look on the road wordmark, but I couldn't get that to look decent at all.

great concept! I really like the blue jerseys, but the red ones are a great idea as well. nice!

brandonjbrown

reds.png

brandon11.png1975Reds.png

Archived