Group Project: NFL Reserve Division

fishheatcats

WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED? BIGBAD IS TELLING PEOPLE TO TURN OFF CAPS NOW?

i couldnt resist that

You've made progress, my friend. Next step is Shift key. It's right below your new buddy, the Caps Lock Key, on the keyboard.

i wouldnt call it progress, more like the opposite but oh well

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED? BIGBAD IS TELLING PEOPLE TO TURN OFF CAPS NOW?

i couldnt resist that

You've made progress, my friend. Next step is Shift key. It's right below your new buddy, the Caps Lock Key, on the keyboard.

i wouldnt call it progress, more like the opposite but oh well

You see Mr.BAD sir, the latin alphabet includes Capital Letters and ascenders and descenders in lower case letters so that the eye can read the words with out seeing all the letters, the capitals are to convey the words significance. on other words capitalize the first letters in a word and proper nouns to appear educated on the boards, and not like a caveman or a Beastly newb (those things aren't kewl) (bow)

~?~

I would put the team in Sacramento and have them be named either the Pirates or the Senors. I would use the throw back Raiders logo but tweak it a bit. Anyway the Raiders affilate would have to be black and silver because that is one of the things that the Raiders are known for. I have an idea for the uniforms that keeps the Raiders' style but adds a unique twist.

raiders-2.png

So after reading a bit of discussion over my first design, I've decided to tweak it a bit. I know that some of you have labeled my first design as "unoriginal" but I'm not sure how much more unoriginal it was then some others who also took already exsisting ideas and tweaked them a bit. Even so I have updated my design. I wanted to keep the same basic idea so some may think it is still unoriginal but I do like the end result. But as always, I wouldn't mind some C&C as I don't pretend to know a lot about design and welcome some good advice from those who do. Anyways, here it is:

SJ-Gold-Rush-2.png

http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k358/dc...Gold-Rush-2.png

I also have added a few options for the pants and socks as well.

SJ-Gold-Rush---alt-pants--socks.png

http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k358/dc...ants--socks.png

Introducting the Norfolk Powhatans.

Logo

np2.png

For the logo, I wanted to be close to the big team, so I took the circle and feather, but replaced the Indian with the "R" turned into a P.

Script

npscripts.png

Nothing too special. Just chose a font that would fit the P.

Helmet

np.png

I love the 50's-60's feather helmet. So, I made the feather have a yellow tip, and added a yellow facemask.

Uniforms

npunis.png

npue.png

I wanted to use the yellow-white striping, so the unis are full of it.

i just dont like the way the "s" and the "j" interlock. the j is larger than the s, and the j is not centered just sort of randomly pushed to the right. id preferto see like a pick axe or maybe something like the denver gold of he usfl

I am going to have a update tonight, basic same design but I am going to make it cleaner and feature it on the new templates. BTW dcameronh your team is just awesome, Definatly one of my favorites so far.

Some more questions about the voting and stuff, is it going to be like the Sports Identity Showdown, are we spliting up in divisons and stuff? You may have coverd this and I may have read it but I can't remeber. Also how many teams have presented thier work?

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I am going to have a update tonight, basic same design but I am going to make it cleaner and feature it on the new templates. BTW dcameronh your team is just awesome, Definatly one of my favorites so far.

Some more questions about the voting and stuff, is it going to be like the Sports Identity Showdown, are we spliting up in divisons and stuff? You may have coverd this and I may have read it but I can't remeber. Also how many teams have presented thier work?

page one had the rules, but he hasn't enforced a single one so

page one had the rules, but he hasn't enforced a single one so

From page 1:

I guess to get some better results, here are some guidelines for the team concepts:

-The team may share the nickname and/or colors of it?s parent team, but it must have totally different logos/uniforms(throwbacks are okay).

This was the only real rule I had, and also I guess to try and keep the affiliate teams reasonably close to the parent teams(which everyone, except you BIGBAD, did. Although eventually you did scrap the Portland team and went with Omaha for your Chiefs team). Okay I let one, maybe two entries slide that used current logos, however the logos used, if I remember correctly, were not used on the parent teams' uniforms/helmet in any way currently. I'll let the voters decide how much originality will factor into the results.

As a refresher, voting will follow how I envisioned the league itself to run it's playoffs:

Once every team has been posted, I'll divide them all up into 4, strictly geographically based, 8 team divisions(north, south, east, west). Then I'll post one thread that lists the 4 divisions and teams, with links to the concepts, and voting will be submitted as follows:

Anyone with 50 posts or more may submit a ballot, choosing their 1st and 2nd place(for tie breaking purposes) picks for each division, and a runner up in this format:

North: 1st pick, 2nd pick

South: 1st pick, 2nd pick

East: 1st pick, 2nd pick

West: 1st pick, 2nd pick

Each round of voting will last 5 days. The team from each division with the most 1st place votes will advance to the playoff round. The two teams with the most 1st place votes(or 2nd place votes if it comes down to it) that did not win a division will advance as wild-cards. The top two overall vote getters will receive first round byes. The teams will be seeded via votes received, and in the event of a tie via coin flip.

Once the first round of voting, or "regular season", is over, I'll post a new thread with the first 2 playoff matchups. After that, the winners advance to the semi-finals, and finally, the championship.

There will be prize sigs for each division winner, the two wild cards, and the overall champion.

P.S. I like the update to the San Jose set and the Norfolk set is quite nice as well. Also 19 of 33(we have two Kansas City entries) concepts have been posted so far. We're slowly getting there, keep 'em coming guys!

Ok, I finally present the Memphis Pharaohs, NFL Reserve Team of the St. Louis Rams. It took me awhile on this... mainly due to lack of resources, or laptop with Illustrator, and finding the right image for a logo. I found a picture of one that I was able to use as an inspiration piece. My final version isn't "exactly" what I was hoping to have it be, but I was getting way too frustrated and thought it was decent enough. I kept the Rams colors of navy and gold, and added a darker red as an accent. I originally was going to go for a more simpler modern uniform design, but it eventually evolved in to what I have here. I was also gonna have a gold helmet and only gold pants, but switched to navy helmet and white, navy and gold pants. Here's the "final" product (final for now, at least):

Home and Away jerseys with white pants (probably the primary looks):

Jerseys-White-Pants.png

Home and Away jerseys with navy pants:

Jerseys-Navy-Pants.png

Home and Away jerseys with gold pants:

Jerseys-Gold-Pants.png

Rest of the images on next post.

Memphis Pharaohs continued:

Logos (mainly shown on 3 different backgrounds simply to show the team colors. Also, the "Pharaoh" is on the sleeves of the jerseys):

Logos.png

Helmets. I went with the navy-"M" helmet, but kinda liked the others too, so I thought I'd show the 4 possibilities:

Helmets.png

And here is the uniform look with a gold helmet and gold pants, what I originally was gonna do. If I went with this look, I'd probably only use gold pants, maybe occasionally white pants for an alternate look, but no navy pants. I don't like the appearance of a lighter color on the top (helmet) and darker on the bottom (pants). Looks too awkwardly unbalanced to me):

Gold-Helmets-Pants.png

Ok, you know the drill. Let the Music Factory fly.

I like these. Nice work. I think I might have put them in Springfield, MO instead of Memphis, TN. There might not be too many more Rams fans then there are Titans fans there though but you might have better knowledge of that then I do. I also wouldn't mind the name Springfeild Pharaohs or Missouri Pharaohs. That's just my opinion though.

The concept is solid. I do like the gold helmets but I think I perfer the change to the navy helmet anyways. Again nice work.

did you try a pyramid instead of a circle?

I did, but it was looking awkward. I'll probably work on that though. I was just getting so frustrated with everything, that I kinda started over on some areas and just went with what I thought worked at the time. Now that I have at least something up, I might be able to make those improvements.

did you try a pyramid instead of a circle?

I did, but it was looking awkward. I'll probably work on that though. I was just getting so frustrated with everything, that I kinda started over on some areas and just went with what I thought worked at the time. Now that I have at least something up, I might be able to make those improvements.

the uni's are sweet, i prefer the gold pants and helmets (normally i dont like gold), i think of sand with the name pharoahs so gold=sand. the pharoah logo is awesome as a stand alone or a jersey logo, i just cant see it as a helmet logo, and the m is great but kinda plain. it works, i mean it looks nice but maybe keep the wheels turning for ideas

I like these. Nice work. I think I might have put them in Springfield, MO instead of Memphis, TN. There might not be too many more Rams fans then there are Titans fans there though but you might have better knowledge of that then I do. I also wouldn't mind the name Springfeild Pharaohs or Missouri Pharaohs. That's just my opinion though.

The concept is solid. I do like the gold helmets but I think I perfer the change to the navy helmet anyways. Again nice work.

I went for more of the MiLB Triple-A concept. The major cities without an NFL team, closest to the parent club. Plus, from what I know about of Memphis (I have a lot of family there), Memphis doesn't care too much for the city of Nashville, and vice versa. Especially after the Oilers chose to move to Nashville instead of Memphis (after Memphis was in the running for an expansion team, that became the Jaguars) and after the Oilers agreed to play 2 seasons in Memphis while building their stadium in Nashville, but leaving after only one season and playing that second season at Vanderbilt. Memphis wasn't too happy with that, either.

So, yes, I essentially took the Triple-A, where the Memphis Redbirds are the affiliate of the St. Louis Cardinals. Plus, living in Springfield, Mo, I know first hand there is no way we'd accomodate a football team of this level. I know it's strictly fantasy, but I prefer to look at these projects from a logistic, real, perspective as if I was really planning this team, with a little of fantasy thrown in.

Plus, the "Pharaohs" designation is specific too Memphis. (Memphis is an acient city in Egypt. Thus the reason for The Pyramid in Memphis, TN. Plus there used to be an Indoor(?) football team called the Memphis Pharaohs.)

Archived