Group Project: NFL Reserve Division

fishheatcats

Thanks for the comments guys (few as they were). I guess the blue logo/blue helmet comment didn't get a great response. Here are two other options, a red helmet and a white one. Let me know what you think:

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb72/st...lmetOptions.png

Personally, I still think I like the blue helmet more, but if the logo gets lost in it as y'all said than I obviously can't use it. My second choice is the white one I guess (it looks really good with the away set), but I think with a white helmet and white pants the home set just lacks color. But maybe not. I've been looking at this too much to be a good judge myself.

Any other thoughts on the 'ny' in the primary logo? I did it because ny can stand for the state of New York as well, and it lets everyone know that this is a Giants affiliate (many other teams here are just recycling old logos as the whole look anyway), and lastly the logo appears on the jersey and the gorilla is wearing a jersey so I wanted to keep there. Anyone else think I should change it?

The blue helmet is definitly the best. And I like the "NY" on the logo and uni's. But i think you should darken the blue just a tad. It's to light for my tastes. Great job Stuckey.

Thanks, I agree about the 'ny' logos and am planning on keeping them. It is also nice to hear that you agree about the helmet color, although I want to hear from some more people because I can see a good argument for each of them. I darkened the blue on this set of helmets, but you think I should go even darker? I'll try that but too dark will make the ape's face blend in w/ his fur. Thanks again for the response.

It would be great if these threads were full of concepts and accompanying comments and criticism. I posted a concept 2 days ago and a subsequent update and have received a grand total of 3 comments from 2 people. Meanwhile we have 20+ pages of comments on someones use of capitals. WTF is this forum for? I'd appreciate some C+C and don't care what case it comes in. This is ridiculous.

you should check out the Sports in General threads if you think this one is bad... <_<

about your concept : the ape head in your secondary logo seems forced in there. I'm a mediocre artist at best, so I have no idea how to fix that, or even if you should, but maybe joining the one A to the other would fix that. also, i'm not feeling the line that wraps around the back on the legs of the pants. i love the primary logo and the woodmark fits it perfectly. of the three helmets, I'd go with the white, but if you're gonna add silver maybe you could try that. I haven't seen too many silver helmets here yet. worth a try maybe?

Hmmm, I guess I won't be heading to the Sports in General board then. Seriously, the excessive backlash to "poor etiquette" bugs me way more than the whatever the original issue was. I know everyone likes to be the one to call someone else out, but that gets nothing done. If you just ignore it, it goes away.

Thanks for the comments on my design though. I think I have an idea about how to fix the "forced" look of the ape head in the helmet logo. I'll work on that tonight and post an update later. It might not be good, but it is in the way I'm imagining it . . .

I did try silver helmets, but I didn't think they were even worth posting. The red, white, blue look just feels much cleaner to me, but if anyone wants to see them, I'll post them up here.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the comments guys (few as they were). I guess the blue logo/blue helmet comment didn't get a great response. Here are two other options, a red helmet and a white one. Let me know what you think:

HelmetOptions.png

Personally, I still think I like the blue helmet more, but if the logo gets lost in it as y'all said than I obviously can't use it. My second choice is the white one I guess (it looks really good with the away set), but I think with a white helmet and white pants the home set just lacks color. But maybe not. I've been looking at this too much to be a good judge myself.

Any other thoughts on the 'ny' in the primary logo? I did it because ny can stand for the state of New York as well, and it lets everyone know that this is a Giants affiliate (many other teams here are just recycling old logos as the whole look anyway), and lastly the logo appears on the jersey and the gorilla is wearing a jersey so I wanted to keep there. Anyone else think I should change it?

I like the 'ny' in the primary, and I like the primary itself. My problem with this set is the ape head in the helmet logo. Lose that and just go with the 'AA' on the blue helmet. Keep the ape as the primary, maybe put it on the sleeves, but the head on top of the 'AA' just seems tacked on. That's my opinion anyway.

too bad the world is full of jerks like avsman

So let me get this straight. McCall can criticize my post but if I return the favor, I'm a jerk? Like I said, I should have read all the posts and I apolgize for my mistake. Granted, I should have done my due diligence and finished the thread and I haven't denied that. At the same time McCall posted a reply with two spelling errors. Just because I point this out, I am not a jerk, but one who can proofread my own posts before disrespecting the members of this forum with poor posting practices. Once again, I'm sorry. Back on topic!!!

Avsman.png

Dennis.gif

Have you ever looked at sports logos...ON WEED?

HelmetOptions.png

I like the 'ny' in the primary, and I like the primary itself. My problem with this set is the ape head in the helmet logo. Lose that and just go with the 'AA' on the blue helmet. Keep the ape as the primary, maybe put it on the sleeves, but the head on top of the 'AA' just seems tacked on. That's my opinion anyway.

I say ditch the 'AA' and just go with a single 'A'. Usually when a team's location and nickname are the same letter, one letter in the logo will represent both fine. Plus, it reduces the possibility of 'AA: Alcoholics Anonymous' jokes. I'd say keep the gorilla head, but put it in the middel of a single 'A'.

too bad the world is full of jerks like avsman

So let me get this straight. McCall can criticize my post but if I return the favor, I'm a jerk? Like I said, I should have read all the posts and I apolgize for my mistake. Granted, I should have done my due diligence and finished the thread and I haven't denied that. At the same time McCall posted a reply with two spelling errors. Just because I point this out, I am not a jerk, but one who can proofread my own posts before disrespecting the members of this forum with poor posting practices. Once again, I'm sorry. Back on topic!!!

I'm pretty sure he was calling you a jerk for posting the pic in the first place, which, considering how long ago (well over a month) the post you quoted was posted, is rather jerkish. My couple grammar errors weren't a big deal, especially compared to some grammatically-challenged posts around these boards.

Issue closed. No more mention of this. Back to the concepts.

Is there a post in this thread somewhere that all of the concepts are linked?

If not, maybe it could be added into the original post of the thread.

I'm planning on starting a new thread with everything linked in one post when every concept is posted, then we can begin voting.

This is Version 3 of the Richmond Ravens modernized the jerseys hope you like it and C&C as usual

richmondravensuniformset.png

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo30/pa...ng?t=1234075399

richmondravenslogoset-2.png

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo30/pa...ng?t=1234075632

Secondary: Is the two R's combined to make the Richmond Ravens

Tertiary: Like the Baltimore Ravens they use the Maryland Flag and B/R for the Richmond Ravens I used the Flag of Richmond plus R/R

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

This is Version 3 of the Richmond Ravens modernized the jerseys hope you like it and C&C as usual

richmondravensuniformset.png

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo30/pa...ng?t=1234075399

richmondravenslogoset-2.png

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo30/pa...ng?t=1234075632

Secondary: Is the two R's combined to make the Richmond Ravens

Tertiary: Like the Baltimore Ravens they use the Maryland Flag and B/R for the Richmond Ravens I used the Flag of Richmond plus R/R

I love it, but on the tertiary, put in an outline or something, Black or Gold or both around the outside of it would be nice, so it's not just floating around. Good stuff tho.

lrg_6444e0b331f54e979d389637de158186.jpg

Archived