Group Project: NFL Reserve Division

fishheatcats

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like the logo, but I'm with McCall. It doesn't say San Antonio. I'm excited to get this thing done and start voting.

Ok so, ummmm how much Jazz is in Salt Lake City, Utah?

More than you would think.

Man PLEASE! the Jazz are from the N.O., they fit better in StL or Memphis. I've been to Salt Lake....... Mormon Country (Utes, Cougars, Bees ..... they fit) 1 Music Festival a year doesn't make it Jazz-savy

aZogIyu.pngfXsuJwP.png

I like the logo, but I'm with McCall. It doesn't say San Antonio. I'm excited to get this thing done and start voting.

That's different. They were the Jazz before they moved to Utah.

they could have change the name. They moved in '79? (bow)

aZogIyu.pngfXsuJwP.png

That's different. They were the Jazz before they moved to Utah.

they could have change the name. They moved in '79? (bow)

They wanted to keep the history of the franchise.

jNTsTyQ.png

More than you would think.

Man PLEASE! the Jazz are from the N.O., they fit better in StL or Memphis. I've been to Salt Lake....... Mormon Country (Utes, Cougars, Bees ..... they fit) 1 Music Festival a year doesn't make it Jazz-savy

I have 5 friends that live in the Salt Lake City area and they are all jazz aficionados. I beg to differ.

Still don't understand how Sharks pertain to San Antonio, a city not even on a coast.

SeaWorld San Antonio is the world's largest marine-life theme park and is a member of both the Alliance of Marine Mammal Parks and Aquariums and the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (formerly the American Zoo and Aquarium Association)

:mojoto:

Yes, cuz when I think of San Antonio, Texas, the Marine-Life Park where ORCA WHALES are the primary atraction is the first thing that comes to mind.

Makes perfect sense to name them the Sharks.

Have you ever been to San Antonio, Corpus Christie (the ocean) is 2 hrs away. That's less than commute time in some major cities.

Look dude, comment on the relevant (the logo), damn the name. Everything is not for You to understand. So drink your scope, and make your critiques relevant, if not then just keep me out of your conversation. B)

But this is San Antonio, not Corpus. 2 hours away is not really close proximity. Why name a team after something from an entirely different market? And the Jazz, and Grizzlies at that, were relocated teams. You're starting a team from scratch where you can name it after something relevent to the area in which the team is from. Instead, you chose a generic name that really does not fit with the city at all. And I know my team is the Pharaohs, which were in Egypt, not Memphis, TN, but I went with the Memphis, TN-Memphis, Egypt connection, which the city obviously plays off of sometimes, with the Pyramid and all. It's kind of hard to do that with San Antonio, but you get the idea.

Still don't understand how Sharks pertain to San Antonio, a city not even on a coast.

SeaWorld San Antonio is the world's largest marine-life theme park and is a member of both the Alliance of Marine Mammal Parks and Aquariums and the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (formerly the American Zoo and Aquarium Association)

Yes, cuz when I think of San Antonio, Texas, the Marine-Life Park where ORCA WHALES are the primary atraction is the first thing that comes to mind.

Have you ever been to San Antonio, Corpus Christie (the ocean) is 2 hrs away. That's less than commute time in some major cities.

Look dude, comment on the relevant (the logo), damn the name. Everything is not for You to understand. So drink your scope, and make your critiques relevant, if not then just keep me out of your conversation. B)

But this is San Antonio, not Corpus. 2 hours away is not really close proximity. Why name a team after something from an entirely different market? And the Jazz, and Grizzlies at that, were relocated teams. You're starting a team from scratch where you can name it after something relevent to the area in which the team is from. Instead, you chose a generic name that really does not fit with the city at all. And I know my team is the Pharaohs, which were in Egypt, not Memphis, TN, but I went with the Memphis, TN-Memphis, Egypt connection, which the city obviously plays off of sometimes, with the Pyramid and all. It's kind of hard to do that with San Antonio, but you get the idea.

I can kind of see his argument. It's not THAT far away. I am currently two hours west of Boston and although it would be odd for locals/people that know the area to have a team called "Lobsters" or "Harbormen" or something like that, people from outside the area probably wouldn't give it a second thought considering it's Massachusetts. Same with Texas. People know it borders the Ocean so they'd just say it's near an Ocean where there are probably Sharks.

Grizzlies were synonymous with Memphis, (WFL the Memphis Southmen AKA Memphis Grizzlies back in the 60s or when ever Larry Csonka played there)

So my bottom-line is this. The ocean is close enough, for ME to designate them the sharks. Just as you thought it was appropriate to put a St. Louis affiliated team in Memphis, (in my opinion, BAD MOVE.) So you did something everyone didn't approve of, and so did I. Relax. :evil:

aZogIyu.pngfXsuJwP.png

Ok, enough is enough. This thread needs to end. I say that we get this stickied, have everyone who has finished a concept submit it to fisheatcats, and give a two week deadline for anyone else who wants to put together a concept - any team that hasn't been finished yet is free game for anyone to do. If we don't end up with every team complete then tough testicles.

Then we vote if people still want to.

There is too much great work in this thread by too many people for it too just fade off into obscurity, but that is exactly what it will do if no one sets a firm deadline. I would love to at least see all the concepts posted with links on the first page so people can access them easily.

There are no tigers in Cincinnati, no lions in Detroit, no bears in Chicago, no jaguars in Jacksonville, no panthers in Carolina, no rams in St. Louis...

There are no tigers in Cincinnati, no lions in Detroit, no bears in Chicago, no jaguars in Jacksonville, no panthers in Carolina, no rams in St. Louis...

Except in zoos.

CH-00064-C~Polar-Bear-Lincoln-Park-Zoo-Chicago-Illinois-Posters.jpg

Except in zoos.

CH-00064-C~Polar-Bear-Lincoln-Park-Zoo-Chicago-Illinois-Posters.jpg

Brilliant Raysox. :D

Archived