New IIHF Jerseys in action

beesharps

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It looks like Spain has got new uniforms as well. The caption on the website says it's Croatia playing Spain but to me it looks like they are playing Holland. Anyways, here's the picture. You can decide for yourselves.

40cf216ab6.jpg

Here's the link to the story:

Croatian U20 earns promotion

Definitely Crotia.

Reminds me of the old Charlotte Checkers.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

It looks like Spain has got new uniforms as well. The caption on the website says it's Croatia playing Spain but to me it looks like they are playing Holland. Anyways, here's the picture. You can decide for yourselves.

40cf216ab6.jpg

Definitely Crotia.

we know its Croatia...

he was asking if it was Spain or the Netherlands

40cf216ab6.jpg

Definitely Crotia.

we know its Croatia...

It's Spain.

It says so right there in the picture caption.

Croatia?s Borna Rendulic in the 5-4 win over host Spain. Photo: FEDH/Alberto Montenegro

It's Spain.

Croatia?s Borna Rendulic in the 5-4 win over host Spain. Photo: FEDH/Alberto Montenegro

He also said that. He was wondering if it was a misprint because Spain generally doesn't wear orange and blue and the Netherlands does.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

It's Spain.

He also said that. He was wondering if it was a misprint because Spain generally doesn't wear orange and blue and the Netherlands does.

I'm willing to bet the house that the caption is wrong and that's The Netherlands playing Croatia. The last Spain jerseys I saw used dark blue for their road jerseys with yellow and orange/red trim. Holland is primarily orange with blue as the secondary.

netherlandsorange21front-398x308.jpg

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

40cf216ab6.jpg

Definitely Crotia.

we know its Croatia...

It's Spain.

:lol:

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

40cf216ab6.jpg

Definitely Crotia.

we know its Croatia...

Sorry. There was a pronoun antecedent problem in the sentence. My sincerest apologies.

Oh, and it's not Spain or Holland. It's actually The Netherlands. I looked it up on the IIHF website.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Holland, The Netherlands, what's the difference? In the picture is it Holland AKA The Netherlands AKA The Dutch or Spain?

We're about two more posts away from this turning into "Whose on First?"

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some uniforms from the 2010 Olympic qualifications in Riga. Latvia, Italy, Hungary and Ukraine are in this one. It's interesting to see though that Hungary's jerseys are different from the ones they used last year when they got promoted as well as different from the new Swift ones they will be wearing in this years World Champs. They look like Red Wings uniforms. Here's the link:

Italy-Hungary

Latvia is also wearing their old Swift style jerseys even though they used the new ones this year already. Ukraine and Italy are using their new designs as well.

In the other ones, it appears that Norway is using an old style jersey but it's done by Reebok as well as Denmark. France is also wearing the old style swift as well as Kazakhstan.

Denmark-France

Norway-Kazakhstan

And finally in the other group, Austria, Japan, and Germany are all wearing the new designs, but Slovenia is gone with the old one.

Slovenia-Austria

Germany-Japan

Archived