New IIHF Jerseys in action

beesharps

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on the font for the names and numbers, these look to be Tackla brand jerseys, FWIW.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Most of the teams (Well, everyone except Estonia and Poland) got new swift style jerseys. These however, like mentioned before, are made by Tackla for the under elite league tournaments. The designs are the same as the Nike sweaters, other than the collar, numbers/fonts and the fact that they are dye sublimated. And it's not a new Austria logo, they've been using it since 2005.

Also, the striping on those France jerseys is pretty cool. Wouldn't mind getting one of those for Xmas. (if you're listening Santa)

Unfortunately, only available from mid March.

http://www.ihwc-shop.net/shop/bin/srves.ex...rtno=4539050.07

And interestingly enough, their white jerseys for this tournament have just basic horizontal striping, unlike the darks. Guess they're the old ones.

Why is it that Sweden and Switzerland always the last teams to get updated jerseys? Those 2 were the last to get Nike Swifts. They didn't have them for the 2006 Olympic but they had them for the 2006 World Champs that year. It seems that they are the last to get the new jerseys again. Why is that?

Why is it that Sweden and Switzerland always the last teams to get updated jerseys? Those 2 were the last to get Nike Swifts. They didn't have them for the 2006 Olympic but they had them for the 2006 World Champs that year. It seems that they are the last to get the new jerseys again. Why is that?

Switzerland already has their new swifts. You're right about Sweden though. I think however that it was a decision made by the team to keep the old jerseys for the Olympics. The designs of the Swedish jersey were out at the same time as the other teams. In fact, they had a third white swift as well, but it was never used.

Another interesting note on Sweden, they're wearing swift type jerseys with the new collars tonight against Canada, but they're made by Reebok.

2009 World Juniors Exhbition Game - Canada vs Sweden

IMG_5025.jpg

Notice the position of the name plates AND lack of IIHF patch on the jersey.

IMG_5060.jpg

IMG_5148.jpg

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

So is it every time a team gets promoted to the top division in the mens, they get a new Nike Swift design? It appears the Hungry will be wearing that design when they take the ice in Switzerland later this year.

Nope, when Nike says "Ok, we're bored. You get new designs," they roll out new designs for almost everyone.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Fair enough with the bored thing. The other thing though, does Nike own Tackla? Because if you look at teams like Austria and Slovenia, they have the Swift design, but they are made by Tackla. This was also the same for Canada during the U18's. They had the Swift design with teh vertical piping but the jerseys were made by Tackla. Just a curious question.

Fair enough with the bored thing. The other thing though, does Nike own Tackla? Because if you look at teams like Austria and Slovenia, they have the Swift design, but they are made by Tackla. This was also the same for Canada during the U18's. They had the Swift design with teh vertical piping but the jerseys were made by Tackla. Just a curious question.

Tackla is their own company, based in Finland. In fact, they used to manufacture ALL of the Reebok-branded jerseys when Reebok had the IIHF contract.

Visit Blogging the Bracket, SBNation's Bracketology and College Hoops Rambling site and Follow me on Twitter

Reasonable minds can differ, but I'm right. - Jay Bilas

Since we are on the topic of new IIHF stuff, it appears that the Dutch have a new logo for their federation.

NED-logo_01.jpg

New one

I have a copy of the old one but photobuck is doing maintenance but when it's done, I'll post the old one for comparison.

Japan also has the new designs:

2db5f51aa9.jpg

whites

RTEmagicC_WM20IIA_Japan_promoted_2.JPG.jpg

and the black ones

It also appears that Lithuania has the new design as well. This is also the Div. 2 World Junior Champs and it was won by Japan and they are now promoted to Div. 1 next year.

Team Canada wearing their thirds right now vs. Slovakia. Wow, they look really good!

If I get enough money for Christmas, I'd love to buy a Cody Hodgson alternate. Beautiful jerseys.

I agree, they look great. For a modern number font they look really legible from a distance.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Archived