Panthers in white pants vs. Giants.

sacker12

When did they start wearing the white pants? I'd always remembered them wearing silver pants for all their games (at least around the time they went to the Super Bowl).

Nevermind, I looked at a photo of Wesley Walls in a road uni, and he is clearly wearing white pants. I'd always assumed that they wore the silver pants on the home and the road. My bad.

When did they start wearing the white pants? I'd always remembered them wearing silver pants for all their games (at least around the time they went to the Super Bowl).

Nope. They've worn white for as a long as I can remember. They even wore white in the Super Bowl you're referring to...

006300401.jpg

IUe6Hvh.png

Breaking news: The Green Bay Packers will wear their yellow pants on the road tonight in Chicago :D

Just kidding around with you

They do and always have worn white pants on the road, except for that one game where noone seems to be able to find a photograph. I wish they would ditch the white pants and go silver or black on the road. They could stand to Lose the light blue socks while they're throwing things out.

PvO6ZWJ.png

i believe there was a game in Indy in 1997 or 1998 where they wore the silver pants on the road

Yea, I don't know the exact date, and can't find the picture, but they did at once wear their white jerseys with silver pants.

I still prefer their white/white combo however.

There was definitely one game where they wore silver pants with the white jerseys. I pointed it out when the highlights were on sports center, and everyone looked at me like I was weird. Other than that, it's always been white pants (which is a shame, because IMO silver helmet should = silver pants.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

according to the football uniforms past and present database, Carolina has in fact worn white on silver... i dont recall a time, but most of my vivid memories of NFL uniforms are from 2002-present

im sure they must have done it once, the site says so

it would be cool if someone found a pic

temp.png

according to the football uniforms past and present database, Carolina has in fact worn white on silver... i dont recall a time, but most of my vivid memories of NFL uniforms are from 2002-present

im sure they must have done it once, the site says so

it would be cool if someone found a pic

Carolina98.gif

This is where I thought that they did wear white-on-silver on the road. I thought I remembered seeing recent photos of them in silver on the road. I guess that I assumed that since they wore silver at home, that they wore silver on the road as well.

Is it just me or is the Panthers silver a little lighter than normal silver?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I didn't realize that, which kinda deflates my intention of wondering which one of Carolina's "mis-matched" combinations would look best:

Black/white, light blue/white or white/silver.

I think the blue/white would still be the best. But then again, I think it's more than OK to have helmet of one color, jersey of a second and pants of a third.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

I didn't realize that, which kinda deflates my intention of wondering which one of Carolina's "mis-matched" combinations would look best:

Black/white, light blue/white or white/silver.

I think the blue/white would still be the best. But then again, I think it's more than OK to have helmet of one color, jersey of a second and pants of a third.

Agreed, unless the helmet color is so close to one of the other colors that it clashes. For example, if you wear silver helmets, you should not wear white pants (or jersey, but there's no getting around that one.) The Eagles are in a similar position with their black jerseys. It's so close to the helmet color that it clashes and IMO looks bad.

i believe there was a game in Indy in 1997 or 1998 where they wore the silver pants on the road

Here ya' go. It's on the second page. Those are possibly the only two pictures in existence.

I had never seen that pic before. I had a conversation with a friend of mine the other day about how the Panthers should revamp their uniforms, but after seeing that picture ( I have been a Panthers fan from the beginning) and the slight shock that came from seeing them wear anything but white pants with the white jersey, I have rethought my suggestion. Granted I am as homer-ific as it comes, but the white on white set has kind of become classic (as classic as a 12 year old franchise can be). I for one would be sad to see the set changed, here is hoping for no "rumored" black helmet, black jersey, black pants "black cats" uni set.

But then again, I think it's more than OK to have helmet of one color, jersey of a second and pants of a third.

Agreed, unless the helmet color is so close to one of the other colors that it clashes. For example, if you wear silver helmets, you should not wear white pants (or jersey, but there's no getting around that one.) The Eagles are in a similar position with their black jerseys. It's so close to the helmet color that it clashes and IMO looks bad.

I can see your point and it's amplified when the clash comes between the colors of adjacent elements -- helmet/jersey or jersey/pants -- which is how it is with the Eagles.

But in the case of my Panthers example, it's not as bad (to me) if the 'clash' is between the helmet and the pants. Same goes with the Bucs' pewter/red/white combo.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Archived