Shanahan canned

darkhaha

All inclusive threads are the worst thing that's happened to these boards since Nick joined.

He was banned, and so should these stupid 50+ page threads. It seems like the only point of those is everyone wants to be the first one to start the "official" thread about something.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

All inclusive threads are the worst thing that's happened to these boards since Nick joined.

He was banned, and so should these stupid 50+ page threads. It seems like the only point of those is everyone wants to be the first one to start the "official" thread about something.

geez, you seem to have a strong opinion on just about everything, dont you?

Amen

You'll get over it...

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

I don't mind a thread for something like this. If it hadn't been for this I probably would've missed it in the NFL thread.

as for Shanahan getting fired that's pretty shocking to me. I thought he was one of those coach until you quit kind of coaches.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Well we gotta change that some time, may as well be now.

Anyway about the topic at hand. This is THE WORST MOVE the Broncos could have taken. Bowlen gave into the fans and now this team will pay the price.

The Broncos will have a losing season (6-10 or 7-9) and will only get worse. Every expert doesn't think, KNOWS this is a bad move and can't believe this is happening.

I think he'l become the new coach of the Jets next year.

Yes. It's called passion. I'd rather be part of a community (and a nation) where people cared about everything, as opposed to having a "whatever" attitude. You're welcome to disagree with my opinion. I have a sneaky feeling that you're in the minority here.

Funny thing is - I routinely get PMs from idiots saying stuff like "why don't you like me?" or "your a mean jerk.." etc. But the feedback from those who really matter seems to be in line with my opinions, so I don't think I'm on an island here.

As you were...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Honestly if this hadn't been posted here separately, I'dve never seen it mentioned on the CCSLC.

That said, it's probably about time to make a change in Denver, just for change's sake. Then again blowing what was (prior to the start of the season anyway) a near-guaranteed playoff berth coming out of the woeful AFC West probably didn't help.

nav-logo.png

Yes. It's called passion. I'd rather be part of a community (and a nation) where people cared about everything, as opposed to having a "whatever" attitude. You're welcome to disagree with my opinion. I have a sneaky feeling that you're in the minority here.

Funny thing is - I routinely get PMs from idiots saying stuff like "why don't you like me?" or "your a mean jerk.." etc. But the feedback from those who really matter seems to be in line with my opinions, so I don't think I'm on an island here.

As you were...

BBTV, we're pretty much used to it now. Seriously it's a message board guys he's not being a prick he's being honest. But at hand This has really shocked me that Shanahan was fired. I saw somewhere that Cleveland may be interested in both Shanahan and Mangini to be their head coach.

Well we gotta change that some time, may as well be now.

Anyway about the topic at hand. This is THE WORST MOVE the Broncos could have taken. Bowlen gave into the fans and now this team will pay the price.

The Broncos will have a losing season (6-10 or 7-9) and will only get worse. Every expert doesn't think, KNOWS this is a bad move and can't believe this is happening.

I think he'l become the new coach of the Jets next year.

Couldn't be more wrong.

They didn't fire Shanahan because he's not a great coach, they fired Shanahan for what he's done as a GM. He's a great coach. He coached what should have been a 5 win team with all the injuries into an 8 win team. The problem for him being, he's the man who assembled that 5 win team.

He's awful with personnel on the defensive side of the ball.

IUe6Hvh.png

Is it known if Shanahan really wants to coach this season? After being in one place for so long, being fired unexpectedly could be such a shock that he isn't ready to take on building another program in another city from scratch.

If Mike Brown wasn't such a dumbass/scumbag, he would hire Shanahan right now as either Head Coach/GM or GM. But he's too stupid and arrogant.

I hate to say this but Mike Brown might be the only person I will be rooting for in the dead pool.

whodeygeneralmgr.jpg

I'd be for Shanahan, though I don't think he'd ever be for coming to Cincinnati.

my dad always jokes that so many people in Cincinnati hate Mike Brown that he could become the first professional sports owner to ever be assassinated. Although, once Mike dies I don't think any of his kids will be much better. We just better hope that as soon as he croaks they either get some sense and realize they know nothing about football and hire people or they sell the team to a rich guy that needs a hobby.

PvO6ZWJ.png

If Mike Brown wasn't such a dumbass/scumbag, he would hire Shanahan right now as either Head Coach/GM or GM. But he's too stupid and arrogant.

I hate to say this but Mike Brown might be the only person I will be rooting for in the dead pool.

my dad always jokes that so many people in Cincinnati hate Mike Brown that he could become the first professional sports owner to ever be assassinated.

It is so true. I love Marvin to death, but for his sake I'd like to see him move on, so he can what he wants to about Mike Brown.

Also, in reference to what BBTV said, If he doesn't want to coach, GM'ing would be great (in Cincy). If not, he might take Cowher's seat on The NFL Today.

My money is on Shanahan to Dallas, where he could replace Wade Phillips again.

My money is on Shanahan to Dallas, where he could replace Wade Phillips again.

First off in regards to Shanahan getting canned -- DAMN! Really, I am still in shock he's no longer with the Broncos, especially considering he brought TWO Super Bowls to Denver (HUGE football town) and the fact that he Pat Bowlen are (were?) the best of friends.

Anyways, back to BBTV's point, I can also see that scenario playing out in Dallas where Shanahan steps in for Bum's Son, but only if Shanahan doesn't want to take a year off, which is possible after 14 straight years on the sidelines in Denver.

However, I really wouldn't mind seeing him roam the sidelines for NYJ next season... :rolleyes:

6uXNWAo.png

As you were...

easy, tiger.

Indeed. The NFL thread has reached 140+ pages.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived