2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Mets have the dumbest coaching staff in the history of baseball, I swear to god Razor Shines has no friggen clue and their manager is lost in space and nobody is going to get fired.

Here is an early 2010 prediction Mets will lose 100 games.

It will take a disaster that epic to get this team to change.

They are lucky they have a new stadium otherwise they would be getting under 20,000 a game again.

You know its a shame they gave us a new stadium and nothing else.

Well next year the newness will be gone and Citi Field will be half empty.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Good!

I hope you're right about all of those things...except that it will get the team to "change." :P

Stay the course, boys!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I wish I could have seen this game, because it sounds like it was one craaazy game.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Don't forget Perez being lifted in the first inning with a 3-0 count to the pitcher :D

Here's the video of it if you haven't seen it yet

With Ollie, you expect something like that to happen.

does anyone know when the 2010 season schedule comes out (or what the first draft of it looks like)

In the past, teams would release their tentative schedules on their website one by one. Some teams would start in September, others took much longer. MLB has a schedule already made for 2010, but it is subject to change. Some interleague matchups have been reported, but the only games and dates I've heard are Twins @ Angels, April 5 and Red Sox @ Twins, April 12 (Target Field opener):

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/base...tml?eref=si_mlb

The Phillies one has them opening in DC and playing the Yankees, Red Sox, Blue Jays, Indians and Twins in interleague...

The Mets get Detroit and Minnesota at home and Cleveland on the road (besides the usual home-and-home with the Yankees)...

The White Sox visit Florida and Washington

Red Sox have any more guys they wanna dump?

Julio Lugo's been a very productive pickup for the Cardinals, and today John Smoltz pitched 5 IPs allowing no runs. He also set the Cardinals team record for consecutive strikeouts with 7 in a row. He left at 75 pitches, so he's still likely capable of stretching out longer.

The Mets have the dumbest coaching staff in the history of baseball, I swear to god Razor Shines has no friggen clue and their manager is lost in space and nobody is going to get fired.

They are lucky they have a new stadium otherwise they would be getting under 20,000 a game again.

Haven't you been saying pretty much the same thing since...well 1986? Last season it was Randolph needed to be fired. He was. Then all you talked about last offseason was how K-Rod was all The Mets needed. They got him and Putz so now it's back to the manager needs to be fired again and the whole team needs to be scrapped.

I would ask you what you want to see happen with this team but you've already shown that getting exactly what you think The Mets need still isn't what you were looking for. Tank, I hate to break it to you but I am beginning to think that nothing makes you happy when it comes to The Mets. :D

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Red Sox have any more guys they wanna dump?

Julio Lugo's been a very productive pickup for the Cardinals, and today John Smoltz pitched 5 IPs allowing no runs. He also set the Cardinals team record for consecutive strikeouts with 7 in a row. He left at 75 pitches, so he's still likely capable of stretching out longer.

Jonathan Papplebon since he's made it known that he doesn't agree with picking up Billy Wagner. Let's just go ahead and make the Cardinals that much more unbeatable!

Haven't you been saying pretty much the same thing since...well 1986? Last season it was Randolph needed to be fired. He was. Then all you talked about last offseason was how K-Rod was all The Mets needed. They got him and Putz so now it's back to the manager needs to be fired again and the whole team needs to be scrapped.

I would ask you what you want to see happen with this team but you've already shown that getting exactly what you think The Mets need still isn't what you were looking for. Tank, I hate to break it to you but I am beginning to think that nothing makes you happy when it comes to The Mets. :D

Be a Mets fan and have to suffer the misery they give their fans, its worse then

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Be a Mets fan and have to suffer the misery they give their fans, its worse then

Note to Omar, bring in more Free Agents for next year just to see the club fail as a whole.

Regarding Billy Wagner to the Sox, courtesy of NESN.com

The warning cries from the Boston bullpen regarding the potential acquisition of Billy Wagner may all be for naught.

The Red Sox' chances of signing the reliever are "in serious jeopardy," according to FoxSports.com.

The report says that the Red Sox denied a clause that would allow Wagner to become an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season. His current contract includes an $8 million team option for 2010.

Wagner's agent, Bean Stringfellow, told the site that Wagner is not interested in becoming a full-time setup man for Jonathan Papelbon (it appears the feeling is mutual).

The Red Sox also reportedly denied a request to not offer Wagner arbitration at the end of the year, so that other teams could sign him without giving up draft picks.

These requests, of course, are coming from a pitcher who's thrown a grand total of one inning in the past 12 months.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Note to Omar, bring in more Free Agents for next year just to see the club fail as a whole.

Seriously. Look at who they've brought in recently. Beltran, Wagner, Delgado, Johan Santana, K-Rod, and probably a bunch of guys I'm forgetting. They routinely go out and compete (or get) the top guys on the market... and it just doesn't work. They need to go back and focus on developing their core from within, and quit bowing to pressure to just buy the top guys.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Pedro Martinez

J.J. Putz

Luis Castillo

Shawn Green

Tom Glavine

Paul Lo Duca

Julio Franco

Endy Chavez

Orlando Hernandez

Livan Hernandez

Oliver Perez

Moises Alou