2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

Okay, you're turning into the tNak version of Nats fans...please stop.

To be fair...at least his team genuinely sucks.

Give him a break he's nuts about the Nats

Or just nuts.

Or he's a Cracker Jack. :oops:

Yeah, let's attack him for when he posts about the Nationals because there's not a lot of people that give a rats ass about this poorly run organization.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just in case it hasn't been said enough...I ABSOLUTELY LOATHE THE ATLANTA BRAVES BULLPEN.

290408122_Braves_Phillies_122246812_lbig.png

EDIT: Notice that the chart spikes up around the 7th which is when O'Flaherty (who? Yeah I said that too.) comes into the game as the first to enter from the pen. Then all hell breaks loose.

Or just nuts.

Yeah, let's attack him for when he posts about the Nationals because there's not a lot of people that give a rats ass about this poorly run organization.

No, don't attack. Just call him crazy for getting so worked up about one friggin' game. The Nats are terrible. They could be the worst team in the league this year. Why get so worked up about losing game 1 when you're going to lose at least 99 more? He's gonna have a heart attack before the All-Star Break at this pace! Plus, as much as tNak got crap for his Mets-meltdowns, it's only fair to try to warn the kid where he's heading. I'm trying to save him here!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Or just nuts.

No, don't attack. Just call him crazy for getting so worked up about one friggin' game. The Nats are terrible. They could be the worst team in the league this year. Why get so worked up about losing game 1 when you're going to lose at least 99 more? He's gonna have a heart attack before the All-Star Break at this pace! Plus, as much as tNak got crap for his Mets-meltdowns, it's only fair to try to warn the kid where he's heading. I'm trying to save him here!

They were atrocious last year and it could be far more despicable this year. Point being, this is a major league cluster:censored: that is going on in DC. Then again, I could be rooting for an even lousier team such as Pittsburgh (16 straight losing seasons), Baltimore (11 straight losing seasons), Cincinnati (8 straight losing seasons), and Kansas City (5 straight losing seasons) to name a few.

Just in case it hasn't been said enough...I ABSOLUTELY LOATHE THE ATLANTA BRAVES BULLPEN.

290408122_Braves_Phillies_122246812_lbig.png

EDIT: Notice that the chart spikes up around the 7th which is when O'Flaherty (who? Yeah I said that too.) comes into the game as the first to enter from the pen. Then all hell breaks loose.

I was at the game and I honestly have to say I didn't think they had a shot... But that was before they took out Vasquez. That 7th inning was the strangest baseball i've ever seen.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

I dont care if he pulled it out, I watched that 9th inning. If I'm a Mets fan, Im still scared to death of late inning close games. Hes erratic, and at times all over the place. He overthrows and it is going to catch up to him. You think he almost melted down in front of about 10 people in Cincinnati tonight? Wait til the pressure is really on. In September, in front of the home fans, in big games. Im not convinced yet, New York.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

I dont care if he pulled it out, I watched that 9th inning. If I'm a Mets fan, Im still scared to death of late inning close games. Hes erratic, and at times all over the place. He overthrows and it is going to catch up to him. You think he almost melted down in front of about 10 people in Cincinnati tonight? Wait til the pressure is really on. In September, in front of the home fans, in big games. Im not convinced yet, New York.

Well that was an awful call at first and Angel Hernandez had a strike zone the size of a postage stamp

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Sad news to report.

Angels starter Nick Adenhart, hours after pitching six scoreless innings, was killed last night in a 3 car accident involving a drunk driver running a red light.

Thoughts and prayers with him and his family.

VmWIn6B.png

Sad news to report.

Angels starter Nick Adenhart, hours after pitching six scoreless innings, was killed last night in a 3 car accident involving a drunk driver running a red light.

Thoughts and prayers with him and his family.

Even after having a fan die from Opening Night, this is not what anyone expected for the start of the Angels season.

RIP Nick

Wow. Damn, that's horrible news!

TMZ is reporting that Adenhart was one of three people killed when someone blew through a red light in a minivan. The minivan driver immediately fled the scene, but was later apprehended. One of the other people killed in the accident was a member of the Angels organization.

Nothing on ESPN.com yet, but they've mentioned it on ESPN Radio.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Man, that was a close one. I thought Cox was gonna get thrown out just now.

It was close, but wasn't THAT bad. Then again, hope Milledge's hand will be ok.

Yea, but every time he steps out of the dugout, you gotta think it might be that time :)

Man, that was a close one. I thought Cox was gonna get thrown out just now.

It was close, but wasn't THAT bad. Then again, hope Milledge's hand will be ok.

Yea, but every time he steps out of the dugout, you gotta think it might be that time :)

Well since Martis was being so cautious in his pitch selection, it leads to a 3 HR for the Braves.

Archived