2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just hope that Lowe can go long enough into the game so that the bullpen won't be a big factor in this one.

Preferably a complete game. :P

Good Lord you're right. Atlanta really does want its starters to go deep into games, doesn't it?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Lowe, McCann, and Escobar are all on my fantasy team.

Haha I got Chipper, and Escobar, and Im trying to trade for Lowe, we had a great game tonight, did anyone else notice that the double Escobar had hit off of a fan's hand, even the phillies fan was saying it should be a home run and the umpires didnt even discuss it. Oh well, we got a win and our lineup looked good tonight! As well as Lowe!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Haha I got Chipper, and Escobar, and Im trying to trade for Lowe, we had a great game tonight, did anyone else notice that the double Escobar had hit off of a fan's hand, even the phillies fan was saying it should be a home run and the umpires didnt even discuss it. Oh well, we got a win and our lineup looked good tonight! As well as Lowe!

ahah, you only played Chipper. You played Rollins, instead of Escobar.

I had Howard....

ahah, you only played Chipper. You played Rollins, instead of Escobar.

I had Howard....

It gave me points for Escobar though.

Edit-Wait no it didnt, crap Im switching them

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I've said this a few times before...but damn, Mike Gonzalez is the scariest closer ever. He'll get a save, but will scare the :censored: out of you in the process.

Thank God he was the only one that had to show up tonight. Lowe was fantastic. Money well spent.

The Phillies entered the stadium by "marching" down the street, entering the park in the outfield, walking through the fans in the stands down to the field level, and then walking through a "gauntlet" of randomly-chosen fans on the field.

20090406_dn_Z1DONN06S.JPG

opening%20night-thumb-535x401-1011561.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Game ball being delivered by para trooper:

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Which gives me my wish of at least seeing something different on opening day on the Family of Networks.

The Rangers definitely look odd in red. It looks nice, but at the same time just odd.

The Rangers do look a little odd in red, especially because of how minor of a role it plays in their homes and aways. I think it'll just take some getting used too. That said, they look good (albeit A LOT like the Angels).

Game ball being delivered by para trooper:

There were 4 paratroopers...one of which missed Citizens Bank Park and ended up probably in the parking lot somewhere.

Last night's game was awesome. Just...awesome. Even though I'm not a Phillies' fan, it was hard not to get caught up in the moment during the pre-game festivities. The "Charlie" chants, the raising of the banner, the team coming in from the stands...the place was just flat-out electric, until the Braves put a hurtin' on Myers. I was a bit disappointed that the Braves wore the navy alts on opening day, but really, I didn't care a whole lot. GA and Kotch played (not well, but they played), so I saw who I wanted to.

Gonzo scares the heck out of me when he is on the mound.

For once, I'd love for him to just come in and get the save without one of the following happening:

-Us being up by one run, and him getting someone into scoring position with less than 2 out.

-Us being up by more than one run, but allowing just enough people on base to either tie or win the game.

-Walk someone with almost all of the pitches not even being close.

-Give up a flash home run that gets the crowd into the game.

And yet in almost all of those situations, he gets himself out of it and even if he doesn't record the save (like last night), he still gets us the win. I'd just love for him to just go 3-up, 3-down, no worries, everybody goes home without having their heart skip a beat.

Archived