2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rijo to be fired by the Nats.

Swing and a miss on Bowden though.

Rijo had to go too, that Smiley Gonzalez thing really killed any credibility that he had.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Gotta love Donald Fehr. What a d-bag.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball...r_says_ste.html

:rolleyes:

In all honesty, if I was a ballplayer, and I knew I was clean, I'd come forward and present every possible bit of evidence to show everyone how clean I was. Then I'd ask all other ballplayers who know they're clean to come forward. Then it'd be obvious who did steroids because either they'd be hiding or would come forward and admit it.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Just watched the Braves beat the Astros. I was very pleased at how well the youngsters on the Braves played.

Holy :censored: , they came back? Looks like the Astros bullpen isn't quite ready yet.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Just watched the Braves beat the Astros. I was very pleased at how well the youngsters on the Braves played.

Holy :censored: , they came back? Looks like the Astros bullpen isn't quite ready yet.

Yea, the Braves youngsters came out there and put on a show. They looked great out there.

You got that right. One of their guys was basically giving BP to the Braves' young guys to start the rally, and Heyward & co. finished it.

The young guys did look good, but that was thanks to the fact that the Astros' bullpen was hilariously bad today.

I still love Manny for all he did for Boston, but for quitting on them last year, I want the worst for him when it comes to his contract negotiations. I would love for the Dodgers to drop out of the Manny sweepstakes. Nobody is going to offer 2 years $45 million like the Dodgers -- The Giants? I'd doubt they have the money to make an offer like the Dodgers. The Yankees can't sign him as they've already signed three type A free agents. Cubs won't sign him with new ownership coming in. And the Red Sox... that one's pretty obvious. They're overplaying their hand... what kind of idiot turns down 2 years, $45 million when there's no market for him elsewhere? I guess the same kind of idiot that, when asking for a bigger contract than 2 years, $45 million, admits that he quit on the last team he played for.

IUe6Hvh.png

I'm starting to think perhaps Manny just wants to play half a season and drive up the price even more somehow a la Roger Clemens. Something like that would be perfect for his lazy ass.

Nevermind, I just saw how LA had planned to spread the money out and now I see that they are either :censored: cheapskates or don't have the money right now.

Bowden's falling on his sword after all.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

He still claims he did nothing wrong, but he is out of there, which is the right move. He needed to be distanced from the Nats organization.

im not shocked, with all the questionable personnel moves hes made, Jim is a classy guy, and did all he could to transition the team from Major League ownership to the Lerners. He worked under some bad conditions, and did all he could with what he had. He was a big distraction, even if he is cleared of all wrong-doing. Nonetheless, this shows his class, and I hope he catches on with someone else when the investigation blows over.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

He still claims he did nothing wrong, but he is out of there, which is the right move. He needed to be distanced from the Nats organization.

im not shocked, with all the questionable personnel moves hes made, Jim is a classy guy, and did all he could to transition the team from Major League ownership to the Lerners. He worked under some bad conditions, and did all he could with what he had. He was a big distraction, even if he is cleared of all wrong-doing. Nonetheless, this shows his class, and I hope he catches on with someone else when the investigation blows over.

Jim Bowden hasn't had any class since he got out of school. Good riddance to the bastard.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Jim Bowden hasn't had any class since he got out of school. Good riddance to the bastard.

Au revoir mother:censored:er.

Archived