2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

lol @ Suppan having a Braves Bullpen-esque collapse. 4 walks (3 of them resulting in a run scored.) in one inning is just bad.

And then the reliever walked in another. Good Grief.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If trends continue, the Nats will be 1-6 after this afternoon.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

And what trend is that?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

And what trend is that?

The Phillies getting shelled in opening games of serieseses, and losing home openers (theirs or other teams'.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Nats are now 0 for season.

Maybe its there theme song that's making them lose

Warning this is the worst ever song associated with a baseball team

Is it along the lines of: "Meet the Nats; Laugh at the Nats; Then Mercifully Beat the Nats."?

And what trend is that?

The Phillies getting shelled in opening games of serieseses, and losing home openers (theirs or other teams'.)

It's the (G)Nats though...they'll find a way to give it away.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

And what trend is that?

Think about it this way, only 97 more losses and they can beat last year! At the pace they are on, they will shatter that record! :)

And what trend is that?

Think about it this way, only 97 more losses and they can beat last year! At the pace they are on, they will shatter that record! :)

Think we could challenge for the all-time worst team in baseball?

BJ Upton came back for today's game, and he's lead the Rays to a 9-0 lead over the Yankees after 2.

Wang just got hammered before getting pulled out in the 2nd. The guy who comes in relief gives up a Grand Slam to Pena.

How does this make you feel Yankee fans?(Not in a smug way, but what do you think is wrong)

CitiField now takes the title of "The New Baseball Stadium Which Tried To Do So Much That It Fails" . On TV it looks even worse than Rangers Ballpark in Arlington, which was my local stadium for six years, in terms of gimmicks (tributes of stadiums of the past). If they do not make the playoffs in the first 3 years, I think they will move the fences in like Comerica Park did.

What was that thing that the Mets had with Seaver and Piazza walking from center field to the mound and home plate with crappy music playing in the background? Okay, so two of your old guys can still walk. Somehow I think that the only way they could get Piazza to do it, was so that he could have as much publicity possible and he refused to make the short walk from the dugout to home plate. Hall of Fame catcher? Maybe? Hall of Fame ego? Completely, but what would you expect being Tommy "I can't shut up" Lasorda's god-son. Piazza obviously learned from the best at how to milk every opportunity to get his mug on tv. I hate attention whores.

What was that thing that the Mets had with Seaver and Piazza walking from center field to the mound and home plate with crappy music playing in the background? Okay, so two of your old guys can still walk. Somehow I think that the only way they could get Piazza to do it, was so that he could have as much publicity possible and he refused to make the short walk from the dugout to home plate. Hall of Fame catcher? Maybe? Hall of Fame ego? Completely, but what would you expect being Tommy "I can't shut up" Lasorda's god-son. Piazza obviously learned from the best at how to milk every opportunity to get his mug on tv. I hate attention whores.

The song was "Beginnings" by (ironically, since we saw cat on field tonight, too) Chicago.

Get it...Beginnings.?.

You sound too much like Matt Cerrone's Mets blog in not liking the selection or thinking the team should had gone in anohter direction.

Archived