2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

I mean that just because on the Braves Nation message board, there's fans from almost every state (mostly the south like Fiji said) and France that have been Braves fans most of their lives. TBS did wonders for this team's fanbase.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I mean that just because on the Braves Nation message board, there's fans from almost every state (mostly the south like Fiji said) and France that have been Braves fans most of their lives. TBS did wonders for this team's fanbase.

Sure did. I watched the Braves on TBS all the time back in the 80's when I was living in Toledo. Watching The Braves was a daily ritual for me and my friends. I think I was as thrilled when the Braves made The World Series in 1991 as I was when The Indians finally pulled it off in 1995. Losing to The Braves that year made it a little easier to live with. It sucked to lose the series but it was also kind of cool to see The Braves finally win one. I just wish they'd picked a different year to do it. :D

BB52Big.jpg

Sure did. I watched the Braves on TBS all the time back in the 80's when I was living in Toledo. Watching The Braves was a daily ritual for me and my friends. I think I was as thrilled when the Braves made The World Series in 1991 as I was when The Indians finally pulled it off in 1995. Losing to The Braves that year made it a little easier to live with. It sucked to lose the series but it was also kind of cool to see The Braves finally win one. I just wish they'd picked a different year to do it. :D

I wish they would have picked several years to do it :P

Growing up playing little league in Alabama (or Dixie Youth as we called it), We had teams that shared the names of each of the MLB teams, except for the Braves. I asked the guy who was in charge one time, years later, why this was the case:

If we made a team called the Braves, everybody in town would want to be on it. There might be riots

You see it everywhere around here. I play in a fantasy league down here and one of the teams is so devoted to the Braves, that that's all he drafts, current or former Braves.

-I don't know how many kids bedrooms had/still have those Foam tomahawks.

The only thing that is making me feel better about the Marlins sweeping the Braves in Atlanta for the first time EVER is the fact that the Yankees' bullpen just experienced a collapse that rivals what the Braves bullpen did last week in Philly. It was 1-1 going into the top of the 7th. It's now 10-1 going into the bottom of the 7th. Way to open the stadium up, New York. Both teams.

The only thing that is making me feel better about the Marlins sweeping the Braves in Atlanta for the first time EVER is the fact that the Yankees' bullpen just experienced a collapse that rivals what the Braves bullpen did last week in Philly. It was 1-1 going into the top of the 7th. It's now 10-1 going into the bottom of the 7th. Way to open the stadium up, New York. Both teams.

They pay CC that much $$ to go only 5 2/3s AND had that much faith in their bullpen against a dangerous Indians lineup? Whats the over/under Girardi gets canned because management didn't shore up their bullpen in the offseason, among other things?

Stop the presses; Nats Win!

We're celebrating, one win at a time.

One win at a time...only 49 more times to go.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Stop the presses; Nats Win!

We're celebrating, one win at a time.

One win at a time...only 49 more times to go.

50 wins..112 losses...seems reasonable, unfortunately.

They are bad, but not atrociously bad - yet.

Here's hoping they won't make this list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_worst..._season_records

But if they do challenge the Nye Mets, then I'll be sure to go to that game for nostalgia sake.

I'm hoping they blow past the 2003 Tigers, which is the worst team most of us have ever seen, and reach 1962 Mets territory. They'd have to go 41-121, but I have faith in their futility!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

They pay CC that much $$ to go only 5 2/3s

In CC's defense he did throw 120 pitches in those 5 2/3 innings.

Jays! First Place! Domination!

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

In CC's defense he did throw 120 pitches in those 5 2/3 innings.

First place among all Canadian teams!

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

In CC's defense he did throw 122 pitches in those 5 2/3 innings.

Fixed.

Can't burn out that arm that early in the season.

the jays are in first place, with the best offense in major league baseball.

let me repeat that to myself,

the jays are in first place, with the best offense in major league baseball. nope still doesn't sound right.

it's only 11 games, but wow i did not see this coming. sure they'll probably fade to 3rd or 4th in the division once the dog days of summer start, but it should actually be entertaining to watch this team, which is more than i expected in march.

Archived