2009 NHL season thread- Part II

jkrdevil

Just heard about the "50/50" overtime rule (I think it's called) that the AHL just implemented. If a team carries a powerplay into overtime, then the remaining time is cut in half. Why? Why do we constantly need to change the rules of the game? This adds nothing. It actually takes away excitement in overtime.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pierre is all about the kids. When Lucic hit Van Ryn into the glass and broke the glass, the first thing Pierre said was he hopes the kids in the front row are ok. The guy acts like a parent during games.

What about the children!!?!?!?!?

He is one of the NICEST guys you will ever meet. I had the opportunity to meet him awhile back and he left a very good impression on me. If you talked to him, he'd actually talk back and have a full on conversation.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Does NBC have some sort of deal where they can only show Penguins games?

That sound you hear is Maz soldering his television channel to the local NBC affiliate. Which should work fine, until February 18.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Because the first game NBC shows this year besides the winter classic cant be a rematch between two playoff opponents.

Flex scheduling. This will be all you see of them on NBC.

oBIgzrL.png

What a shock someone named Pierre being against fighting in the NHL, I always knew there was something I didn't like about Pierre McGuire.

Look at you trying to be all Don Cherry like.

Well Don Cherry is the man!!!

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Because the first game NBC shows this year besides the winter classic cant be a rematch between two playoff opponents.

Flex scheduling. This will be all you see of them on NBC.

Since NBCs NFL schedule is over(except for the Super Bowl), why not Sunday Night Hockey for the rest of the year?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I hear there is a possibility the Feb 15th game Sharks @ Devils could be on NBC. I really hope it is I got a ticket to the game.

that is still an eastern time zone game

The timeslot for NBC games is 12:30 to 3:00 EST, with exception of maybe a central timezone game that starts at 1 est, all of the game are going to be eastern games.

As a Ducks fan, that whole thing used to bother me about not being on national TV (although there is and early Ducks/Sharks Sunday game in March that would be perfect if NBC pulled their head out) but now I suscribe to the theory that regular season national exposure doesnt matter, because the Finals are nationally televised :D

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I hear there is a possibility the Feb 15th game Sharks @ Devils could be on NBC. I really hope it is I got a ticket to the game.

The timeslot for NBC games is 12:30 to 3:00 EST, with exception of maybe a central timezone game that starts at 1 est, all of the game are going to be eastern games.

They've moved the times of games they've scheduled as Flex Games before.

I think 2 years ago they moved a Ducks/Stars game up 2 or 3 hours to get it into NBC's timeslot (Game was in Dallas IIRC)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

They've moved the times of games they've scheduled as Flex Games before.

I think 2 years ago they moved a Ducks/Stars game up 2 or 3 hours to get it into NBC's timeslot (Game was in Dallas IIRC)

Starting this year all the NBC games will be in the 12:30 timeslot (with exceptio for 1pm starts for Central timezone games). The game NBC selects will be moved into that slot.

Now for the playoffs the timeslot I believe moves to 3pm est making west coast games possible.

I'm pleased with the way the Jackets have come back and tied this game at three against the Canucks after a PP goal, and then a Nash wraparound. I love watching Center Ice and seeing the Canadian commercials.

It's now 5-3! We may be the team that kills the Canucks :P .

6fQjS3M.png

I'm pleased with the way the Jackets have come back and tied this game at three against the Canucks after a PP goal, and then a Nash wraparound. I love watching Center Ice and seeing the Canadian commercials.

:censored: . Stupid penalty lets the 'Nucks back in the game. :censored:

6fQjS3M.png

:censored: . Stupid penalty lets the 'Nucks back in the game. :censored:

:censored: . 5-5. :censored:

Oh, and yes I'm aware that I'm quoting myself.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived