2009 NHL season thread- Part II

jkrdevil

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For any Flames fan over the boards

Todd Bertuzzi will be back in the lineup and for Jacket fans Huselius will not make his return to Dome tonight he hurt is wrist last night against the Oil

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The games updates are getting really annoying.

I'm with you on that one. If I want game updates, I'll check out TSN or ESPN.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The games updates are getting really annoying.

I'm with you on that one. If I want game updates, I'll check out TSN or ESPN.

Ok, sorry guys. I'll stop.

I don't mind saying something like "Anyone watching the (team) vs. (team) game?" and there being talk about the game.

6fQjS3M.png

BTW, Toronto, for the third time this season, is playing in a game where both they and the opponent (Boston) is wearing their third jerseys.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Did you know that you could get 5 minutes for interference? I didn't before tonight.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Did you know that you could get 5 minutes for interference? I didn't before tonight.

Who got 5 for interference, and what did he do?

I should know that, I have the NHL rulebook :P .

Cam Barker for slamming David Backes into the boards with his shoulder and temporarily knocking him out of the game.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Let's see Carlyle pulls Gigure for the second time in two weeks, they are losing again (to the Islanders this time), they take stupid penalties.... which brings this question: How long until Carlyle gets fired? It's two years from the Cup and they still are an inconsistent, undisciplined team. The weak link of the team is and has always been the coaching. They won the Cup because of Giguere and despite the lack of discipline and discipline should be instilled in a team by the coach. Carlyle no longer has the protection of Burke and I expect soon to see Carlyle replaced. This team is way too talented to be this inconsistent and undisciplined. So when do you expect to see him fired? This weekend?

Anyone see Phanuef's hit on Umberger looked a little suspect I guess as a Flames fan I don't agree with the ejection but just wondering what anyone else thought of it.

Also huge shootout winner by Bertuzzi and what a game all together

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Phaneuf got a 5 and a game for boarding, which IMO was the right call. Umberger couldn't possibly have protected himself and Phaneuf just pushed him in the boards head first.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Anyone see Phanuef's hit on Umberger looked a little suspect I guess as a Flames fan I don't agree with the ejection but just wondering what anyone else thought of it.

Also huge shootout winner by Bertuzzi and what a game all together

Obviously I agreed with it. Umberger couldn't have seen it coming in time to protect himself accordingly. Now he has a big knot on his face. The cross check to Derek Dorsett's eye however, should've also been ejection rather than the 4 minute.

As for the game, it was a good one. I'm a little upset at how for the second consecutive game they've given up goals in the last 5 minutes of a period (2 in Edmonton the night before, and one in Calgary). At least this time they were able to get one point out of it, but they could've swept the western Canada swing and instead got only 3 of a possible 6 points, so it's somewhat disappointing. Those 3 points could come back to haunt them later in the season and now I have to wait until next Tuesday before I get to watch another game.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Anyone else find it astounding that without Martin Brodeur, and with the massive amounts of injuries early in the year, that the Devils head into the break leading the Patrick Division?

Crazyness.

Just crazyness.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Anyone else find it astounding that without Martin Brodeur, and with the massive amounts of injuries early in the year, that the Devils head into the break leading the Patrick Division?

Not really. The Devils always find a way to win. That's what makes them so good, I guess.

I'm more surprised... pleasantly... that the Pens are in fourth in the division and tenth in the conference. I mean... I thought the Pens were the best team of the everever?

philly.png

Crazyness.

Just crazyness.

Whats more surprising is that there are two Devils in the top 10 in scoring - Parise (55: 28G, 27A) and Elias (54: 20G, 34A) - and that being Brodeur's understudy for so long, Clemmensen has really shown what he's capable of when given the opportunity.

Plus their stout defense and trap system apparently still works :P

Edit: A worthy 700th post.

Archived