2009 NHL season thread- Part II

jkrdevil

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry Korbyn!

Lightning come back from 2-1 to beat the Stars 4-2. Vinny Lecavalier also scored a hat trick

Ughhh I know.

Richards had a goal and an assist, but the Stars need all the points they can get right to climb into that eighth seed.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

I sure wish I could support the Blues without supporting the NHL. I leave one of the most exciting and inspiring Blues performances in a long time still totally pissed off.

The Blues led the Bruins 2-1 late in the third period and had really stepped up their play, not allowing a Boston shot the entire period. Then a phantom elbow penalty is called on the Blues. A phantom hook follows.

Boston scores on the 5 on 3 and the 5 on 4 and is suddenly up 3-2. Boston then seemingly put it away with an even strength goal just over a minute later.

The Blues would get a chance on the Power Play before it was over though, pulled their goalie for the 6 on 4, and scored to pull within one at 4-3 with 1:20 to go.

The goalie remained pulled and the Blues scored with under a second left on a deflection off of the shaft of the Blues forwards stick. It took a five minute review before the goal was confirmed, and the Blues tied it at 4.

Overtime went scoreless and the Blues won 2-0 in the shootout for a 5-4 victory. That's an amazing comeback by my Blues.

But I'm still pissed about that officiating. The two penalties called on the Blues at the end were absolutely none existent. In one case the ref wasn't even facing the play, but turned to see the Boston player on the ice and then called the hook. It's horrid.

And until the NHL starts coming up with some accountability for their refs, it will remain an inferior product to ever other major sport out there, in spite of the exciting nature of the sport of hockey.

As it is right now, you never know when the refs will interject themselves by making a game changing call that either shouldn't be called at all or is called so inconsistently that players don't know what's legal and what's not. It's ridiculous.

[/rant]

At least we got a win.

Come on now. You know the first one was a make-up call at least, and while I don't blame them for not changing the call I think the last-second goal was bull :censored:. They called a fair penalty on the B's right after the last goal and the penalty on Wideman beforehand was crap. As much as the Blues deserved it based on the entire body of work, and terrible excuse thereof put up by the Bruins, I think you are overreacting here. The officiating wasn't nearly as lopsided as you are saying and the biggest call -- the last goal -- went your way.

Wow, Wideman gets a team-high +2 for his fantastic s**t-show of a game. What a joke. Him, Wheeler, and Thomas played especially bad and I have no idea why the hell PJ is taking shootouts. Overall a terrible game

I was watching the game & the first penalty (elbowing on Hinote) I give the benefit of the doubt to the refs. It was at least close. (Side note: Hinote is a liability in crunch time.) The hooking call on Backes, on the other hand, was without doubt the worst call I've seen this season...and I watch no sport more than hockey. The Wideman hooking penalty, while bogus by nature, is called every time (as Bernie Federko puts it) "the stick is brought to parallel with the ice." I don't like it, but the league has been consistent at least. David Backes could be the poster boy for that one. As for the tying goal, I just don't know. The more I saw the replay the more I thought the puck wasn't completely above the bar when struck. I've been thinking though that there has to be some way of having a better camera angle for those calls. It at least should be explored by the league if it hasn't been yet. Kinda related, I don't like the inconsistency in the rules about high-sticking a puck. On a scored goal, it can't be higher than the crossbar, but anywhere else on the ice, it's the players' shoulders. Just sorta odd.

Last time the Lightning beat the Stars in Tampa was in 1996!

you follow the stars more closely than i do, is tippett close to being future endeavered at the end of the season? seems like last year saved his job, now they are mediocre this year, i wonder what that will do in job security.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

The Devils have done real good without Brodeur, if Marty comes back strong watch out for them we will see Stanley the Fourth.

You are the most bi-polar fan I've ever met. When Brodeur went down you were doing everything short of asking them to tank (excuse the pun) so they could get the number 1 pick.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Last time the Lightning beat the Stars in Tampa was in 1996!

you follow the stars more closely than i do, is tippett close to being future endeavered at the end of the season? seems like last year saved his job, now they are mediocre this year, i wonder what that will do in job security.

Even if they don't make the playoffs I can't see Tippet being fired.

He was in the hot seat last year for sure, but him and the Stars delivered even if they were slow out of the gate this year. Tippett also got an extension in the summer, meaning he is under contract until the 2010-11 season.

If anyone is on the hot seat it is Brett Hull after the Avery situation.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

For you Pittsburgh and Washington fans. Can you tell me how easy it is to get tickets from scalpers on game day? Is it better to get tickets before hand or should I risk it and get them from scalpers?

Its easy, as soon as you get out of the Gallery Place/Chinatown metro, they are there waiting for you. However, I never have bothered to checkout where their seats are located; quite possibly a :censored: deal where youve vastly overpaid to watch the game in the nose bleeds.

For you Pittsburgh and Washington fans. Can you tell me how easy it is to get tickets from scalpers on game day? Is it better to get tickets before hand or should I risk it and get them from scalpers?

Its easy, as soon as you get out of the Gallery Place/Chinatown metro, they are there waiting for you. However, I never have bothered to checkout where their seats are located; quite possibly a :censored: deal where youve vastly overpaid to watch the game in the nose bleeds.

I once paid $100 (talked them down from $150) to watch the Leafs take on the Penguins from the 3rd row from the top of the upper bowl at the ACC.

I tried to go to a Leafs/Devils game earlier this year and they were asking the same $150 for slightly better seats, but unfortunately I was unable to talk them down so I said screw it.

Either way, be prepared to part with lots of money because I am sure tickets for both teams are close to impossible to get from the box office and that scalpers will have the prices JACKED up.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Apparently, there won't be a single Red Wing in the All-Star game this year. Datsyuk (hip) and Lidstrom (?) have both been pulled. Robidas and Marleau will take their places.

Wow... because neither Hossa nor Zetterberg are deserving of being at the game...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Apparently, there won't be a single Red Wing in the All-Star game this year. Datsyuk (hip) and Lidstrom (?) have both been pulled. Robidas and Marleau will take their places.

Wow... because neither Hossa nor Zetterberg are deserving of being at the game...

It is a joke to see Stefan Robidas in the All Star game there are alot of players I would have taken over him Dion Phanuef, Chris Pronger, Lubomir Visnovsky, Rob Blake

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Backstrom out of Young Stars Game.

“This year I felt like it made more sense for me to give someone else that opportunity and use this time to rest and prepare for the second half of the season with the Washington Capitals,” Backstrom said in a statement released by the team. “I can assure Caps fans that I’m not injured.”

Canucks lose in a heart breaker to the Sharks last night. I'm one of the few Canuck fans who still has confidence in this team, and last night was a good reason why I still believe this team can do some damage. They played the best team in the league hard and had toughness and Luongo looked great.

And a question to Shark fans. Last night watching the game the crowd was full and loud, and you could tell that it was a great hockey city. Then TSN shows a news paper box with a pic on Owen Nolan who hasn't been a Shark for 5 years. So I'm wondering how can that happen in what seems like such a good hockey city?

Archived