MLB 2009 Batting Practice

francis

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Yankees have a new away BP jersey listed on the kids jersey section. I know mlb.com has different jerseys listed on the kids section prematurely. The Yankees away has New York written across the chest on the same jersey as last year. I like it a lot, but I may be in the minority.

the yankees jersey does look pretty classy actually. i'm a fan. i always though the 'new york' block lettering was underused. i'm pretty sure last year they used an away premier jacket with the same design and i thought it looked amazing.

Have you ever looked at that block lettering closely? It might be the worst wordmark ever.

1250.gif

Look at those shapes... terrible.

the yankees jersey does look pretty classy actually. i'm a fan. i always though the 'new york' block lettering was underused. i'm pretty sure last year they used an away premier jacket with the same design and i thought it looked amazing.

Have you ever looked at that block lettering closely? It might be the worst wordmark ever.

1250.gif

the shapes don't bother me. just my opinion. i think it's pretty cool. especially against with gray letters against a navy backdrop.

sig2024.png

The "W", "O", and "K" are beyond terrible. I'm shocked that they would put something so sloppy on their chest.

I'm also shocked that I never noticed this before now. Now it's all that I'll see.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That wordmark posted above doesn't look right. I've seen the Yankees road wordmark millions of times in my life, and I'm certain that it doesn't look like that.

This is an authentic jersey:

6200YANR.jpg

I don't have the vectors to confirm, but am quite adamant about this.

1250.gif

It looks like someone took the original letterforms and dig a negative offset path. The original letters are correctly proportioned, but the resulting offset paths are not.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I still maintain that it should just be plain blue block on grey, no outlines or sleeve piping.

That would make it look a lot better. Especially ditching that gawd-awful, 70's era sleeve trim. I hated that thick crap in the 80's and 90's and still hate it today.

Thirded. Or fourthed, or whatever. Just count me in.

You guys do realize, of course, that the NEW YORK on the Yankee$' road jerseys is done in the same block letters less arrogant teams use for the names on the BACKS of their jerseys...don't you?

BTW, once you've got rid of the white trim and the sleeve piping, what's next? Back to flannel???

Yes, we do realize that. Do you have a point to this post other than another avenue for your putrid YANKEE$ gimmick? Of course it would be minimalist to just have "NEW YORK" in navy block letters on plain grey. That's the idea.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

You guys do realize, of course, that the NEW YORK on the Yankee$' road jerseys is done in the same block letters less arrogant teams use for the names on the BACKS of their jerseys...don't you?

BTW, once you've got rid of the white trim and the sleeve piping, what's next? Back to flannel???

Actually, that would be awesome. :D

Yes, we do realize that. Do you have a point to this post other than another avenue for your putrid YANKEE$ gimmick? Of course it would be minimalist to just have "NEW YORK" in navy block letters on plain grey. That's the idea.

Actually, I despise the Yankees more than I do the Democratic Party. Doesn't mean I don't like their look or would like to see it improved. I'd rather hate a good looking team than a bad looking one.

Archived