Sports Identity Showdown Voting (Final)

ShinyHubCaps

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if i am eligible to vote

1. hono - because this looks like the team i would want to play for, it looks fun, not as serious as the others, and afterall this is kickball

2 scottsdale- best logo, i think

3. amarillo- this would be number one if it was for a soccer team, but doesnt really work for me for kickball, but the rest of the jerseys all look like serious soccer so amarillo gets the nod

This was really difficult to vote for because I want to vote for the best overall package, but to be honest the only uniform set I don't hate or very much dislike are the 'Noles. So they get my top spot based on all-around package.

Amarillo gets second based on the stunning primary and secondary and I don't completely hate the uniforms, but I was surprised at the amount of soccer(football) style uniforms entered. Nothing wrong with that, but I don't like going that way personally.

3rd goes to Honu. It was between that and Scottsdale, but it goes to Honu based on the fresh colors and strong logos and most importantly, I think they had the 2nd-best uniforms of this bunch. Elliott, I really wish you didn't use red for the presentation bakground as I couldn't get as good an idea of the logos and uniforms with the red-on-red (especially the unis; I couldn't decide if they alienated me or if they were brilliant but ultimately I came to the conclusion that they just alienated me, sorry :P)

Sorry for the long post; I figured it would be helpful to see some reasoning behind votes.

So again:

1. Plantation

2. Amarillo

3. Honu

Well, I'll get over you not voting for me, someday. :D I actually really appreciate when people give their full opinions on what they thought, so although I cannot vote, I am going to comment on the 5 besides mine:

Plantation: I like the uniforms for the most part and the execution of the lizard around the ball. The thing that bothers me about the uniforms is the really light green against the lime green on the clash kit, I just don't like it. The reason I didn't vote for this in the first round is because of the wordmarks. I have seen that font a lot lately, whether it's on products, store signs, or other designs on the board. I don't really like the font in the first place, but I don't think it fits the lizard either, and that's what I don't like. But very good logo renderings and uniforms.

Amarillo: Amazing logo package, easily the best primary logo, and possibly the best secondary logo. Obviously it's davidson and it's hard to compete with his standard, but it's still incredible. The layout and templates are very nice as well. This definitely deserves to win and I wouldn't be surprised if it did. I don't like the uniforms however. They seem like just a generic soccer template, not much thought, although it does look clean, but I'm not a huge fan, and I would like to see some stroke or drop shadow on the numbers.

Lansing: Just a great logo package here, the colors look nice together as well. I already commented in the first round on this, however it is still great and very deserving of a finals spot. I also like the striping on the hats, not too many people did designs on the hats, and this turned out looking good. Once again I'm not too keen on the soccer template jerseys.

Manchester: Good crest logo, it functions well, although I don't like the small 2009. The secondary logo is pretty cool, and stands out. I prefer the clash template to the normal template, but both still work pretty well. I also like the varying of the logo placement. The pink is unique, I think it works.

Honu: I love this concept. The colors are Hawaii-ish, and look great. The logo is well rendered, and the secondary complements it nicely. I would have preferred to see the main logo as a crest here, but the wordmark still looks good. The spotted jerseys are a nice touch, the one thing that looks out of wack to me is the pants, the stripe I mean. I would have ditched that and added some small spots at the bottom of the jersey.

Archived